The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ember's rapport does not increase on completed heists

MreeBiPolar
MreeBiPolar
✭✭✭✭
Done a few today, two of which on the same character, zero rapport changes.
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Same for me. Did two just now and it did nothing for the rapport.
  • Arafyn
    Arafyn
    ✭✭
    same for me
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did a heist with Ember after unlocking her today and did get the +125 rapport, even though we failed the optional time bonus. Now I wonder if there are other factors affecting whether the rapport gets awarded. (Possibly it's wonky like Mirri's Ashlander dailies.)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Interesting.

I wasn't in sneak when I handed it in and wasn't on a mount (obviously), but I did get the optional time bonus both times. I'll try again with failing it to see if that might be the difference.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue for me, the first day I ran a heist I did get the rapport. Both days afterwards, nothing at all.

PS: Please add a numeric value to companion rapport, so we can see the increases/decreases(to the bottom right pop-up as well). And so we can see if something like this bug is only a visual bug, or an actually not getting rapport bug.
  • Arafyn
    Arafyn
    ✭✭
    if you're on pc, the "lootdrop reborn" addon does that
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually bugged and doesn't give any rapport. Source: Using an addon to track rapport increase by numbers, no increase when doing heists.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our testing over here indicates that rapport is only given for imperfect heists, where time runs out and you get the blue reward.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Ember just jealous of the Vestige thieving skills when they do a perfect heist. lol

But yeah, if it isn't intentional & it is a bug, I hope the devs fix it in the future that Ember should also get +rapport from perfect heists as well. For now it gives off the impression that like she's jealous of the player's thieving skills from a perfect heist.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on June 10, 2022 7:51PM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • KathiraNarae
    KathiraNarae
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed. I'm really angry at having spent a good half hour abandoning and retrying a heist for a perfect score, only get no rapport. That's seriously messed up.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had her not get rapport increases from MG dailies half (or most) of the time, too. Leveled her MG skill halfway to 5, only got rapport trigger twice.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had her not get rapport increases from MG dailies half (or most) of the time, too. Leveled her MG skill halfway to 5, only got rapport trigger twice.

Ember and Isobel only get rapport from each of their big dailies once per day (resetting at the same time as writs), so if you were doing multiple Mages Guild quests each day for the skill lines, the rapport would only register once per day.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ember get 125+ rapport only when you complete heist without bonus (you just can't be better than her :P ). So run of the time and you will get rapport.
    I have full 5500 raport on her doing Mage Guild daily, Delve HI daily and once per two days non-perfect heist (i wanted achieve so one day perfect, second day without time and I even got motif from blue reward) and everytime i got rapport from MG, Delve and nonperfect heist.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ember
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-companions-rapport/
    https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/companion-ember
    https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/eso-guides/ember-companion-guide

Btw you can use "companion info" addon to see numeric values of level and rapport.
    Edited by davidtk on June 26, 2022 8:26AM
    Really sorry for my english
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Ember and Isobel only get rapport from each of their big dailies once per day (resetting at the same time as writs), so if you were doing multiple Mages Guild quests each day for the skill lines, the rapport would only register once per day.

Nah, I mean doing a few MG dailies over a couple week. Like, once every 2-3 days. Not a few a day.

Edit: doing them for skill lines would have been better across different characters so they all get rapport boost, but alas, it just does not trigger most of the time.
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on June 26, 2022 3:21PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe ZOS has numbers that show a lot of people just can't do a perfect heist? There have been a number of threads on the forums about how it's impossible and stuff.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea sometime is perfect heist little bit pain even when you have optimized thief. Some can be done in two minutes, some painfull or impossible just because combination of guards woth lantern and when you just cant find what you must steal (wrong turn f.e.)
    Edited by davidtk on June 27, 2022 6:16AM
    Really sorry for my english
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Maybe ZOS has numbers that show a lot of people just can't do a perfect heist? There have been a number of threads on the forums about how it's impossible and stuff.
    davidtk wrote: »
    Yea sometime is perfect heist little bit pain even when you have optimized thief. Some can be done in two minutes, some painfull or impossible just because combination of guards woth lantern and when you just cant find what you must steal (wrong turn f.e.)

... The last time I didn't do a perfect heist with at least a couple minutes to spare, EVEN IF I GOT SPOTTED ONCE, on my Dragon Knight "optimized" thief (main tank role) was a few years ago. Seven minutes is more than enough to wait out any lanterns, or take a hit or two to the timer, and once you run them a dozen times, you know the layout of the places like the back of your mouse hand...

Whatever the case, penalizing perfect heists is really backwards given that two things Ember really hates are:
    * Being spotted (or you being spotted); and
    * WAITING (and being patient in general).

I mean, she gets negative rapport when you fish, BECAUSE she lacks patience for it.
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    It seems to be fixed now, at least I just got rapport for completing a perfect heist.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a perfect run today and there was a rapport notification that I earned some, but it was only 1 point, not 125 like it should be.