The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamina or Magicka Arcanist

JamuThatsWho
JamuThatsWho
✭✭✭✭✭
Which one are you leaning towards? I can't decide between a Breton Magnist or a Bosmer Stamnist. I tend to favour Magicka, but I also like subversive or atypical takes on archetypes.
@JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC

Stamina or Magicka Arcanist 89 votes

Magicka
82%
vailjohn_ESOJarndycedaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOjjohnson023b14_ESOkypranb14_ESOlinktwodragonb14_ESOVriendaflizomicalion_heart_2000ub17_ESOSheezabeastShagrethEldartarBloodyStigmatakiesoSilverBridexTAKISxEnemy-of-ColdharbourDracan_FontomAthymhormiaGiantFruitFly 73 votes
Stamina
17%
Cendrillion21Grimreaper2000xMauiWauiTommy_The_GunaaisoahoPurpleScrollThe_Titan_TimArtim_XLittlePinkDotRaptorRodeoGodSirGruntyfrancesinhaloverAmerisesroobinCazadorKuvayr 16 votes
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka
    I mean, both?

Gotta fill those two character slots with something.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka
    Personally I'm going with magicka, probably a dunmer, with destruction staff/mages/psijic skills to replace the heavily HM themed ones. The class feels very magey to me so far but we also have seen very little of it for now, so we will see
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Won’t know until I play around with it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll want to try out the skills and experiment with builds before deciding. I'm not even sure I'm really going to use the class yet.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of each on various accounts.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m waiting for more informations on the class skills before I make up my mind. Though, with two new slots, probably both? Also, we don’t know what will be the state of hybridization when the class will release so it might affect my choice too.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka
    Why not both. With the ability to switch builds on the fly I will make a dps magicka build and a stamina tank build probably on a Dunmer since Dunmer’s have good passives for both mag and stam builds.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka
    Magicka because that's what I think the Aesthetic will suit more but I plan on both.

Currently gonna have an Altmet Magicka and Dunmer Stamina worshipping Xarxes and Hermaeus respectively. Though I need to work on the lore details...
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I gonna make a Crux build
    see how that ticks

and do regarding Magicka & Stamina what it takes to max that crux generation and effective use
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both and im unsure by wich ill start. Likely the stamina dunmer for the matching setting of necrom
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's little difference between the two anymore.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina
    If that melee tentacle skill has a stamina morph, then I'm going stamina.
    Can still use mag skills sparingly.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka
    "Stamina" and "Arcanist" sounds like an oxymoron to me...
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty much the same as a stam sorcerer or necromancer if you ask me
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka

Pretty much the same as a stam sorcerer or necromancer if you ask me

Absolutely. I always thought it was so silly.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of each definitely. So far I'm planning OrcSARC and ArgonianMARC. This could change though because I'd also love another khajiit and dunmer.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    the harder one :s
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka
    Biased pool...but I biased towards Magicka...
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina
    If nothing changes, I'll try a dunmer starc. And what I mean by nothing changes:
    - the class pattern of supporting both stamina and magicka specs stays the same when it comes to arcanist
    - Dunmer doesn't get nerfed nor other races get buffed

I do love my stamina specs, I main a stamina sorcerer but have played fair bit on stamina necromancer too. It is why I will probably try starc first. If starc turns out to be a bad choice, being a dunmer allows me to easily respec to marc.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka
    Magicka for sure and definitely dunmer.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka
    One of each for the 2 new character slots, but the first one I play will be a Dunmer magicka arcanist. I will play through the chapter with that toon.
    PC - NA
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always play around hybrid more, mainly solo. Don't pvp, and don't really do veteran type stuff
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably at least one of each, but there is no way I can know what I'm going to do until I see the actual skill trees with all of the morphs.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Rasoma
      Rasoma
      ✭✭✭
      Can't say until I actually see the skills, morphs and ultimates. Though I suspect as it is a class I assume is going to be similar in style to sorcerer that it will be magicka.
      @Rasoma - member since January 8th 2014
    • ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You know, there is a reason why they created armories!! You don't have to choose only one or make multiple alts to play both... you can switch. All my alts have armories that can switch from MAG to STAM... so there's no reason to choose only one. Besides that, we have no clue ATM what skills are even available to either.
      CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    • Uvi_AUT
      Uvi_AUT
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Both, I can never decide. Thats why I´m always Khajit or Dark Elf
      Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
    • tohopka_eso
      tohopka_eso
      ✭✭✭✭
      ADarklore wrote: »
      You know, there is a reason why they created armories!! You don't have to choose only one or make multiple alts to play both... you can switch. All my alts have armories that can switch from MAG to STAM... so there's no reason to choose only one. Besides that, we have no clue ATM what skills are even available to either.

To be honest, this might be the first time I actually try the armoury system out.
      And all my characters are mainly bosmer.
      Edited by tohopka_eso on February 6, 2023 12:33PM
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ADarklore wrote: »

I'd much rather play alts than mess with the armory, personally. But then again, I don't need anything other than mag and stam versions - I don't play tanks or healers.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • SpacemanSpiff1
      SpacemanSpiff1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      neither. havent seen the skills yet
    • Oreyn_Bearclaw
      Oreyn_Bearclaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I will certainly make a Dunmer whenever I get around to buying the chapter. Think I am going to wait for this one to be on sale.

Stamina vs Magicka just doesnt mean much these days with hybridization, and until we see the skill trees, hard to know which resource will make more sense to spec into. I will probably end up making two of them, so potentially one of each.