The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ranged Warden Bleed Build - does it exist?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title.

With the upcoming changes to Cutting Dive, it will always apply the bleed effect (don't know if it's stackable anymore though). So my question is, could you make a bleed ranged Warden work? Maybe with a Bow or even with a Destruction Staff? Mostly talking about PvP here, not so much into PvE.

What do you guys think?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think the bleed from cutting dive is stackable anymore either

you could probably make a bleed build, but it would likely be more centered around the masters duel wield than warden skills

for warden skills you have cutting dive and the bear, the stamina fetcher i think does bleed but that was nerfed to only be on 1 target at a time

duel wield you have the blood craze with the masters duel wield, which would be at least 4 bleed focused skills

you might be able to get a few extra bleeds from proc sets, or other skills in the duel wield skill line, and maybe the beast trap (i think the trap does bleed dmg now instead of physical)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have much luck with my attempt.

One thing I learned from mine is that while Gryphon's Reprisal does look interesting in Cyrodiil someone else is probably going to be hitting the Synergy most of the time as soon as it pops up.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I can basically shelf my idea of making a ranged bleed build? :(
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say shelf it or go melee.
    You can go full bleed build with Dro' Zakar and Blooddrinker or Pillar.
    Use Dual Wield frontbar, 2H backbar and use as many Bleed abilities as you can find. Most will be melee ranged.

That build parsed almost 125k back when Birds had seperate bleeds and Carve had stacks. I think it was the Deadlands patch?
    Got nerfed, obviously, but should still be able to do 110k+ dps on a tight rotation and good weaving.

For Solo puposes, I'd definitely drop Dro'Zakar and use Blooddrinker and Pillar with Bloodthirst as Spammable.

For PvP, I cannot say much, except that the time to set up cleansable DoT pressure is not worth it in current high health high healing high mitigation META. PvP is Nuts right now. 🤦‍♂️
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on February 5, 2023 8:19AM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP Warden Bleed Build:

Front Bar 2H:
    Fletcher Flies
    Cutting Dive
    Carve
    Bird of Prey
    Artic Blast
    Thrive in Chaos

Back Bar DW:
    Frost Cloak
    Resolving Vigor
    Bull Netch
    Blood Craze
    Flare
    Northern Storm / Healing Thicket

Gear Sets.
    Crimson Twilight as your defensive set
    Pillar of Nirn, Salvage Werewolf, Dragon's Appetite, Blooddrinker

With how Warden is you could forgo a defensive set and run full damage sets. If you do this I would go with Blooddrinker and Dragon Appetite.