The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is anyone else having difficulty thinking up new characters for the Arcanist?

• Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    I plan on trying to make the Dark Elf arcanist from the trailer, it’s what I do with every trailer. I try my best to mold their play style based on what we are shown in the trailer. Hopefully there is a close enough match to her outfit in-game, and I’ll just have to settle for the base game Mohawks for her hair. Not sure about a name yet, it’ll come to me in time.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    my arcanist is going to be a cocky know-it-all brat. so yeah she will have to be a dunmer.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a tip, create a placeholder character of any class with the name you want to use. Then delete it on the launch day and remake as an Arcanist. A lot of variations of Arcanist are sure to get taken.

Solid advice. I did this when before necro and warden dropped.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 18 toons already, and in my headcanon they (and the companions) are partners in a business co-operative (they share the one bank account!), so it's easy to to add 2 more.

The first one will be a female Dunmer, magicka arcanist with a punk look and attitude. I will play the new chapter with her so I don't want to tie down the personality too much yet.

The second one will be a stamina arcanist but not sure what yet. Possibly a redguard to have some connection with the new companion. But something will grab me between now and June.
    Edited by deejayvee on February 6, 2023 5:34AM
    PC - NA
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a long time I’ve had a concept for a monk I’ve wanted to do if they had added weapon lines like fighting staff or anything else monk-like. I’m thinking about giving that up and retooling this concept into a monk chosen by Hermaeus Mora to help save both of the worlds we’re supposed to save in the next chapter. He’ll just be an Arcanist monk. 🙂

Edit: I’ve been envisioning my monk to be either stamina or hybrid, so it all depends on how the stamina or hybrid versions of an Arcanist feels.
    Edited by Elvenheart on February 5, 2023 7:59AM
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Not for me, well if it's another race besides Argonian I probably will. At the moment I have 13 characters on the PC NA server, 6 of them are Argonians representing each of the current classes, (others are 1 Nord, 2 Orcs, 2 Khajiits, 1 Bosmer, & recently 1 Dunmer) for the free slot that comes with with Necrom I already have planned a 7th Argonian to be a Arcanist, whose background is a another sibling, also as a competitor, to my main Argonian sorcerer. Unlike Blue-Thuxis, they seeked even darker knowledge to be better.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on February 7, 2023 1:53AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, only figuring out names and rethinking some of my characters’ names… But I always agonize over trying to find the right name unless the name was the basis of the character’s creation…