The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can we please turn off the grunting?

NoxiousBlight
NoxiousBlight
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this has been requested before, but can we please have a sound setting to turn off the character grunting? It drives me insane and leads to me playing ESO with the sound off.

I'd like to have all the sound effects without the constant "GRAAA" "UGHHHH" "HYRAAAA" while I am in combat.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wanted a "mute character voice" option. I just want to hear ambient and music, not vocalizations in combat.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is just as bad is when you are being stealthy and you jump off a small height and you make noise in pain at the top of you lungs. :D
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huah, hyyaaahh, rruuuaaaahhhh!!
    PC NA
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only grunts and screeches that bother me is the beast personality on a female character. Probably the most annoying sounds in the game for me.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skip to 1 minute 7 seconds :smile:

https://youtu.be/UQgpyPbaKFQ?t=67
    PC NA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be slightly less annoying if these vocalizations sounded more like humans and less like wounded animals.
    PCNA
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoy the character sounds. There's something satisfying about the grunts my healer-tank makes when blocking repeated attacks! To each their own.

But I'm all for options. As long as it's a settings option and not a blanket removal, you got my vote.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    What i rly hate is huge celebration during fishing when i catch... wet pouch :trollface:
    Really sorry for my english
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like them. They make me laugh - especially the sounds of sustaining injury, like from falls. They sometimes sound like dragon shouts: HURRH-HOOONGYEAH
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fishing noises annoy the absolute crap out of me; more than the combat noises.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just gave up and play with all the sound off.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am afraid of what my character would say if I wasn't listening. :worried:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the sounds could be done in my voice.

Grunting - toilet
    YEAHHHHH!!! - toilet
    HYRAAAAA - toilet
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Skip to 1 minute 7 seconds :smile:

https://youtu.be/UQgpyPbaKFQ?t=67

One of my favorite movies, lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! The option to turn down/off the battle yells would make a huge difference to me.
    It feels so off playing an assassin NB who accompanies each of her attacks with an ear-splitting yell.
    It wouldn't be so bad if the shouts were less frequent, but it's every single blow. To be clear though, I'd much rather have the option of turning them down/off than reduced frequency. If other people are enjoying them, no reason to take that away.

It's also really annoying for other family members who are in the same room (but not playing ESO), so much so that I've taken to playing with sound off or turned right down, but then I miss the voice acting.
  • MajorProblem
    I am adding a "Turn off Bards" button to this wish list. PLEASE!
    Or at least rotate their song list.
    I live in Riften and hearing the same few songs on several chars every day when doing writs over and over drives me crazy.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say MOAR grunting and even character talking, tired of my character beeing mute.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • calitrumanb14_ESO
    calitrumanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just gave up and play with all the sound off.

I do the same thing for the same reason.

I like the OP idea, a toggle would be nice.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get to pick your voice when you character create. You can test out the sounds each voice makes. It won't solve your problem but you can pick a voice you tolerate more than others.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get to pick your voice when you character create. You can test out the sounds each voice makes. It won't solve your problem but you can pick a voice you tolerate more than others.

I have the impression that those voice samples aren't accurate sometimes. Or to some extend, but a few shouts seem very off somehow.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

I have the impression that those voice samples aren't accurate sometimes. Or to some extend, but a few shouts seem very off somehow.

I recall a report from a few years back where someone said the character sounds were not right. I don't recall if it was the wrong voice (A,B,C,D,E) or the wrong race. I remember thinking at the time that this would be super hard for me to tell because they all sound wrong to me. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've listened to every voice in the game - they're all awful.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah i've tried that but they are all bad to be honest. Everyone sounds like a sick or dying animal when they fight. The grunting really, really grinds on me. I miss listening to the battle sound effects, but turning of all sound effects is the only way to stop it.

@ZOS_Kevin Any chance we can have this feedback passed to the team? Any chance of a QOL setting to turn off character grunting but keep the rest of the sound effects? Thank you.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have a slider for own character's voice like we do for music and ambient sounds. I would definitely have it turned all the way down.

I enjoy the music and ambient sounds so I don't want to lose these to get rid of the awful grunting, etc., but it is really bad no matter which of the voice options we choose.
    PCNA
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bards slider, please. Or make Blade of Woe work on bards.

R̴͍̎e̶̪̔d̷̝̒ ̸̰̈D̶̗̾i̸͚͝ą̶͐m̵̭̿o̶͉̔n̵̹̂ḍ̸̌!̶̲̔ ̵͈̈́R̶̠͝e̸̯̒d̵̰͛ ̶̭͝D̵̊ͅi̴̟͐a̶̢̛m̷̺̌õ̶͙n̸̥̾d̸̕͜!̷̩̆
    ̴̟̀T̶͇͒h̴̺̏ë̷͚́ ̵̧̍h̵͈͠e̴̩͒a̷͛͜ṛ̴̀t̸̖̃ ̵͙̈á̷̩ň̶͇d̸͎̅ ̷̮̚s̶̖̅o̴̰͐u̸̳̍l̸̪̈́ ̵̟̄o̶̟̽f̸̝̃ ̷̫͛M̶͙̔ḙ̸̚n̸̢̈́.̸͕͋
    ̸͓͠R̴̖̀e̴̢̚d̵̀͜ ̷̻̽D̴̜̐i̶̼̐ǎ̷͈m̸̝̑o̶̲̐n̵̛͕d̵̺̄!̶̦͋ ̷̬̆R̶̥̊e̷͕͑d̴̎͜ ̶̩͆D̷̔ͅḭ̵̅á̶̧m̶͍̆o̶̦̍n̸̨̈d̶̹̾!̵̥͐
    ̶͕̽P̵̗̎r̷̬͛o̵̦͒t̸͚̄e̷̤͂c̶͚̎t̵̗͗ ̷̦̆ủ̸̼s̸̻̈ ̷̻̀t̶̲͗i̶͔̕l̶̔͜l̶̨͆ ̷̥̀t̵͚̍h̸̤̓e̶̼͝ ̴͕͠e̵̙͂n̴̹͑d̵͙̂.̴̡̊
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am adding a "Turn off Bards" button to this wish list. PLEASE!
    Or at least rotate their song list.
    I live in Riften and hearing the same few songs on several chars every day when doing writs over and over drives me crazy.

Agreed. We need to be able to mute bards and our character’s voice.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness