The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please use group chat if you want to trade gears.

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Please use group chat if you want to trade gears.

Some people use "whisper" chat after finished final boss to trade farmed items in dungeon.
But personally, I prefer group chat for trading.(maybe I should make poll for this though)

I always couldn't notice "whisper" chat, because I always use group chat only tab for dungeon mission.
How about you?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite the opposite, I'd probably miss group chat or won't care enough to respond to something aimed for everyone and not me personally. To each their own.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite the opposite, I'd probably miss group chat or won't care enough to respond to something aimed for everyone and not me personally. To each their own.

Which chat style more popular do you think in group mission?
    Maybe I should add "whisper" mode at my group chat tab anyway.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Which chat style more popular do you think in group mission?
    Maybe I should add "whisper" mode at my group chat tab anyway.

Most players seem to be afraid of getting whispers and prefer group as it's less "invasive" for them as not directly aimed for a player A or B. No wonder some prefer everything to be talked outside of whispers, but honestly that's 50/50 guess which chat is preferable for a player you're trying to trade with at the moment. Can't say who's afraid of talks either so any way is kinda viable option.

Have a dedicated whisper tab also to keep track of it, makes it a lot easier.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally prefer it to be in group chat simply so I don't have to keep responding that something has been taken etc. Other people can see who requested first
    Soupy twist
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I personally prefer it to be in group chat simply so I don't have to keep responding that something has been taken etc. Other people can see who requested first

I agree. Unless its a guild or friends run, the "I claimed it first" aspect of the text chat eliminates a lot of confusion
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. It is a different color so it stands out from group chat.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I typically post up my available items at the end of a dungeon and I prefer whispers if anyone needs them so I know for sure I'm the one that has the item they want. If I use an addon to link 10 items and someone in party chat says "I can use the shoulders" I will very likely ignore it as I have no clue who they are talking to, or what set they are talking about. If someone asks me directly, via whisper, it takes much of the guesswork out of it.
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    If this happens to you, good chance that person has an addon called Loot Log. Simply click the + to request what your character doesn't know it.
    I just want man flesh.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maul_Rat wrote: »
    If this happens to you, good chance that person has an addon called Loot Log. Simply click the + to request what your character doesn't know it.

I use lootlog and with one click send a tell request with a pre-made request for just the one or two specific items I haven't collected yet even if they listed 6. I have never had an issue doing this, except for the occasional non-response. I just shrug and move on.
    Edited by SpiritKitten on December 5, 2022 9:16AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i usually link items for trade in chat, but 9/10 times people never say anything about wanting anything and are usually leaving group within 30 sec of killing final boss lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m fine to be whispered, then I know they mean me. Everyone whispers for loot, or they use the voice chat
  • Pet
    Pet
    ✭✭✭
    No.