Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much dps do you need for veteran dlc dungeons 2023?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Based on iron atro test dummy
Edited by FeedbackOnly on January 30, 2023 2:58PM

How much dps do you need for veteran dlc dungeons 2023? 52 votes

40k and below
42% 22 votes
40k to 55k
9% 5 votes
55k -60k
9% 5 votes
60k -70k
21% 11 votes
80k -90k
7% 4 votes
90k - 100k
0% 0 votes
100k plus
9% 5 votes
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does "need" mean? Can you be more specific? How much dps does one need to clear a dlc dungeon in 8 hours? 1 hour? 30 mins? Trifecta?
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a random dungeon youre fine with 40k and below
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not specific enough for any guesses, like even simple normal/vet and pug/organised would make some sense.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Largely depends on the dungeon and the tank and if it’s vet or norm and I have no idea how the in-content numbers translate to iron atronach. If I were to take a wild guess for vet, I’d want at least 40k in-content group dps generally, so about 19k for each dps (since healers do 1-5kish and tanks do 1-2kish).
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a vet dlc, if you can do 60-70k and do important mechanics like interrupt or killing important adds, that would make for a fairly uneventful and comfortable pace. More damage just increases the enjoyment of the run. Less damage, you are stressing your supports but still doable. If you fail to do basic mehanics and die a lot, that makes it just not doable.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In normals, you're fine with less than 40k. Most people don't do more than 20k and can still clear dungeons fine. Just gotta not die as a DPS and you'll be fine with whatever dps you're doing, even if the rest of your party isn't super happy about the slow dungeon run.

Vet DLC dungeons, you can get away with the same thing. Just keep in mind mechanics and don't die, you don't need a lot of DPS to do a dungeon, and my wife who usually plays tank can solo most dungeons just fine, it just takes her a long time to do them. But of course if you're doing a Vet DLC dungeon, you're probably running with other people you know or some guildies. In that cast, aim for 40k DPS at least. It's good to do at least okish when you're with a team of people, unless you're getting carried or you run with a lowbie group that's doing a struggle run. Struggle runs can be fun with friends! I remember doing them when the game was new and some dungeons were hard, I'd swear the netch boss in Vet Dark Shade 2 was the hardest thing ever early on.

For end game scenarios, 60k is the low end for competent DPS in Vet Dungeons. 80k is the low end for Vet Trials.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say 60 and above for the entire group.
    This is meant to be group dps, right?
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Individually, or group total?

40k from each DPS, plus another 10k each from the tank and healer, brings the group DPS to 100k which is still a very comfortable run.

As a healer who tends to contribute 10-15k DPS in vet dungeons (my sets and skills are all focused on buffing group DPS), I only worry about a slow run if I'm doing 20%+ of the group's DPS.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »

A veteran dlc dungeon? I don't think it's possible to clear some of them
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I say 60 and above for the entire group.
    This is meant to be group dps, right?

60k group is bad
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

HM or non-HM? Or a number to comfortably clear anything you run into?
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

60k group dps on iron s about 30k on regular dummy. It's just not possible. You would run out of space in bloodroot for example on either mode
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

60k group dps on iron s about 30k on regular dummy. It's just not possible. You would run out of space in bloodroot for example on either mode

I'd suggest using the same metric. It seems like some are referring to effective group damage. Since parsing on 21m or even a 6m dummy in a group of 4 is rather niche, it would be easier to look at it through either effective group damage or individual parses on either dummy, though the 21m would be a better standard.

30k effective group damage will clear BRF non-HM. I promise, Ive tanked that. Its every bit as painful as it sounds, but its possible. You can use syngeries in non-HM. They will eventually spawn them faster than you can clense them, but the attros are low health and the last comes out in basically execute range.

Edited by Agenericname on January 30, 2023 5:26PM
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest you just need to know the mechanics. I know most veteran players might ask about your dps, but you can not compare a dummy that stands still, does not attack you and provides almost if not all buffs to a 4 person dungeon team where you do not get all buffs, enemies are moving and you wear different sets. For example I wear perfected sul xan in dungeons so how can someone determine my dps if you cant parse with sul-xan and get its buff.
    nb_rich
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I said 60K per player. The less DPS, the more mechanics you face. You could easily do something like vMOS with sub-40K DPS, but you are going to be doing a lot more rounds on every single boss.

Basic rule for me is does a DD have enough DPS to beat the adds on the last stage of vet Vateshran to avoid the one-shot. If so, then that is enough for a vet DLC.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    What does "need" mean? Can you be more specific? How much dps does one need to clear a dlc dungeon in 8 hours? 1 hour? 30 mins? Trifecta?

You have a good point. 40k is enough for any dungeon but the lower the DPS the better skilled a player needs to be at handling the mechanics.

The problem is that most players with low DPS are not very skilled at noticing mechanics, let alone dealing with them. I have seen players oblivious to a telegraphed AOE and die to the same AOE every time it spawns.

• pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    The problem is that most players with low DPS are not very skilled at noticing mechanics, let alone dealing with them. I have seen players oblivious to a telegraphed AOE and die to the same AOE every time it spawns.

A common theme you hear is that dummy performance is not the same as in-content performance. This is probably true in some cases, but in my now almost 6 years of playing this game, I found that there is a strong correlation between how well you can dish out damage on a dummy with how well you can do it in actual content.

If you are a lower DPS player, you can still do this content. Recruit some people and be upfront about your performance and you can still get through it without too much trouble.

• Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends if you’re looking for a clear, or a HM, or a trifecta.

For something like Coral Aerie Trifecta which is not only one of the most difficult HMs in the game the speed run time for the trifecta is really tight, I probably wouldn’t want anyone doing under 90k and that may still require a lot of actual fight practice.

Something like WGT or CoS can be done with relatively low DPS.
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 4 man groups and using the trifecta of tank, healer and 2 dps, anything around 50-60K would be more than adequate to complete a Vet DLC as long as there is communication and everyone works together to complete the content. If you have less damage it will take longer but still be completed. I completed a few harder Vet DLCs with DPS that were in their 20K range. What should of been a 30 minute or so took about an hour and a half.