Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 37 house

Northwold
Northwold
✭✭✭✭✭
I am SO regretting using all my crowns on Potentate's Retreat now!

The new house looks pretty much perfect for people who are less fussed about just the house itself than also having plenty of things to play with outdoors. Nice job.

See from 1.13.45: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1720258065?t=1h22m44s
Edited by Northwold on January 28, 2023 12:45AM
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    YAY
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    Not feeling it, the house feel like walking somewhere along the shore of High Isle.... Will have to preview later.

Update: watched a few youtube perviews. This gives really the same vibe as grand topal. Still not convinced.
    Edited by chrisfeng on January 30, 2023 11:40PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will not be able to resist druidry Isle :love:
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i Love it so much :3
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questing regarding the house's sourcing! During the stream, @ZOS_GinaBruno was saying "the house will be sourced through-" and then had a mishap with the stream and forgot to finish her train of thought.
    Could a ZOS member tell us if the house will be crown store, event reward, etc? I'm guessing crown store, but would be nice if it was with gold to make up for a lack of gold house last year
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chrisfeng wrote: »
    Not feeling it, the house feel like walking somewhere along the shore of High Isle.... Will have to preview later.
    That's exactly what so many of us have been begging for though :lol:

Loving it! Soooooo much space to build. I keep intending to try and build a colossal tree home from scratch, and the Druid theme here will fit that nicely :love:
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will buy it for sure (even if I just bought Potentate's Retreat)! Really happy about it. :)
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    When i heard Fog Break Lighthouse i was really hoping for a nice moody "Hermaeus/Cthulhu" sort of place with half sunken ships and ... well... fog. So far the preview look OK, but ill need to see it in person.

Hopefully there are more houses to come, and maybe an interesting Apocrypha place, not all elf mushroom towers.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very, very cool home.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i heard Fog Break Lighthouse i was really hoping for a nice moody "Hermaeus/Cthulhu" sort of place with half sunken ships and ... well... fog.

Yeah, right? Wondering what else we get instead later this year; if there's something about similar. I don't think the sunny, idyllic lighthouse in the Systres (and a tavern room somewhere in the new zone) will be the only release this year. I hope.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's gonna take the place of last years gold house then. Since the entire covenant is still missing a dlc home purchasable for gold, you know. The home looks lovely, and seems to be of a similar size as the hall of the lunar champion and the psijic villa.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!!! Amazing, love the idea of your own island! Instabuy - love the size! Looks like the lighthouse can sub for a Wizard's tower and there is a large flat zone to build a rather large house/castle! Please make it the first 1000 slot property.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I've been wanting since High Isle launched.

Thank you!!! Very hyped to finally build a sprawling castle.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a beautiful player home; very well done @ the artists! Very evocative location. I'm excited for those who wanted precisely this!

I still REALLY want a Breton tower in the mountains of Bangkorai, above Jackdaw Cove (or Kerbol's Hollow). That's my character's spiritual home, since 2014, and I've been waiting since housing launched for such an option. The Tor Draioch model looks perfect for it, and re-ignited my hopes for such a thing.

A plot of land in that location (and the means to build it in a convincing way) would be a viable alternative, OR a portal to an Evergloam plot featuring this tower (in the same vein as Hunter's Glade) located near the GATE to The Reach would do the job.

I'd go as far as saying its the thing I want more than anything else in this game.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on January 31, 2023 4:58AM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running around the Island right now. This is so impressive! You can see all the other Islands, even Vastyr and a bunch of docks, the volcano, the boats sailing by, a broken ship piece in the rocks you can swim to, and those adorable jumpy creatures in the sea. It's such a detailed, tranquil vibe. I absolutely love it. Love the rocky undercroft, especially how the sandy dirt kicks up as you walk across the floor. All the lighthouse rooms, with the nook under the stairs and the arched one in the wall.

I really only want medium and small houses, but this is definitely the exception. Please raise the furnishing cap just a little bit before you release this? Even just a hundred more. <3
    Edited by Cireous on January 31, 2023 10:54AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When, when, when? I can not wait for it! :)
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When i heard Fog Break Lighthouse i was really hoping for a nice moody "Hermaeus/Cthulhu" sort of place with half sunken ships and ... well... fog. So far the preview look OK, but ill need to see it in person.

Hopefully there are more houses to come, and maybe an interesting Apocrypha place, not all elf mushroom towers.

Update 37 isn't the Necrom chapter; it's just the Dungeon DLC tied to the chapter; which means nothing from the actual new zone(s) with this update, just the two story-related dungeons, which are always located in already-existing zones, and various other things not related to the upcoming chapter zones.

I don't know, since they never responded to inquiries about it, if the lack of a druid-themed house with the Galen DLC was an oversight, or if maybe they just didn't have one ready, yet, but I imagine that Fogbreak is the response to that omission.

None of the Telvanni Peninsula or Apocrypha zone content will land until Update 38, and the next PTS release that precedes it, so we won't see actual Necrom Chapter-related content, like housing assets, until Update 38.
    And there is no reason (yet) to believe there won't be a house (in addition to the inn room) coming with the chapter.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 1, 2023 7:11AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • kind_hero
      kind_hero
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      chrisfeng wrote: »

Update: watched a few youtube perviews. This gives really the same vibe as grand topal. Still not convinced.

IMO the lighthouse is way to far from the entrance. The player should start at the lighthouse or nearer. Otherwise I a nice island, but again, it is too large even for 1000 slots.
      [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Update 37 isn't the Necrom chapter; it's just the Dungeon DLC tied to the chapter; which means nothing from the actual new zone(s) with this update, just the two story-related dungeons, which are always located in already-existing zones, and various other things not related to the upcoming chapter zones.

While this is generally correct, the new "hourglass" seems to be related to this year's story content, I guess? At least it has an obvious Tribunal focus which fits to Q2's theme, but plays no role in the Q1 dungeons yet.
      @Syldras | PC | EU
      The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
      Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
      Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
      Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire