Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companion Damage Reduction (DR) Stacking

WetYoda
WetYoda
✭✭
How does Companion Damage Reduction stacking work?

Damage reduction can be achieved through multiple skills at the same time.
  1. Hurricane Visage 20%
  2. Razor Cape 20%
  3. Ritual of Salvation 20%

If these skills stack, is the DR additive (60% DR) or multiplicative (~50%)?

Then there's also bolstered equipment that can provide up to 20.4% DR. (12 pieces x 1.7% DR)

Assuming all of the aforementioned skills were active and equipment DR stacks, is the DR additive (80.4% DR) or multiplicative (~60% DR)?

I see this unanswered question brought up repeatedly in the course of various threads, so I thought I'd start a dedicated discussion topic.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2023 7:31PM
PC NA - GM of Atrocious Love Letter and proud owner of an imgakin monkey
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent quite figured it out yet either, but its also kind of difficult to test because the durations and cooldowns are all different, not to mention the companion AI doesnt always use them ideally either (like the fighters guild rune, they have to be standing on the rune to get the bonus but frequently end up placing it too far from the enemy, or walking out of it)

the ritual only gives 40% reduction if the enemy they are fighting is considered daedra/undead (while they are common enemies, there are also a lot of enemies which arent considered such)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WetYoda
    WetYoda
    ✭✭
    I'm curious if anyone has ideas on how to test this.

I suppose I could load Ember up with full DR armor and all the DR skills, then send her to fight a daedra or undead world boss to see if the DR is additive and she takes literally zero damage.

(Hurricane Visage 20% + Razor Cape 20% + Ritual of Salvation 40% + Armor 20.4% = 100.4.%)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    testing wouldnt necessarily be that hard lol

remove all their armor and skills, and see how much dmg they get hit for

either reset the boss or kill it and wait for respawn

setup the companion with all the proper armor and skills and then see how much they take

the main difficulty is your not using 1h and shield so the companion could not reliably keep aggro, and they would likely keep wandering in and out of the ritual of salvation

the other problem is that there would only be a short period (maybe 5 sec) where all of those skills overlap, as none of them are 100% uptime
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WetYoda
    WetYoda
    ✭✭
    Perhaps this is a noob question, but where can I see incoming damage for companions?

I have CMX installed with its CMX Combat Log tab available, but I don't see anywhere in that, the base game, or other addons to see companion damage.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their outgoing damage counts as pets, I think. The damage they take would be also considered pet taken?