The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Open Call for the (Old) Worm Cult Set as Motif

Anumaril
Anumaril
✭✭✭✭✭
AODbBSw.jpg

This is a call for ZOS to add the old Worm Cult set as an unlockable motif in the game. It is (in my humble opinion) the best looking necromancer-themed motif in the game, and I absolutely adore wearing it while questing with my necromancer. Sadly I'm forced to actually wear the armour itself from the Vaults of Madness to pull this off, which means I can't wear other armour sets I'd rather wear for their effects etc.

It's been so many years and this honestly deserves to just be a motif on its own by now. I know I can't be the only one who loves this style, or would at least use it if it were a motif (the "new" Worm Cult motif added some years ago doesn't compare to this "old" version imo). I would love to be able to wear this while doing dungeons or PvP, not just while questing with random dungeon armour from VoM. I hope you consider adding it as a motif (to the Crown Store even) soon, would definitely cry tears of joy.

PS: while you're at it, maybe you'd consider a hide shoulders option ;)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are adding hide shoulders! Interesting that there’s a unique motif in a nonDLC dungeon. I’ve never noticed it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    They are adding hide shoulders! Interesting that there’s a unique motif in a nonDLC dungeon. I’ve never noticed it.

They are?? That's amazing! Pretty much all of my saved outfits I designed around not having shoulders because I prefer the slimmer silhouette. Where did you hear they'd be adding the option? Is it coming in the next update or something?

And yeah I'm pretty surprised about the style myself. For years I kept silent about it because I assumed they'd add it eventually. But at this point I'm more than willing to get vocal about it haha
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »

They are?? That's amazing! Pretty much all of my saved outfits I designed around not having shoulders because I prefer the slimmer silhouette. Where did you hear they'd be adding the option? Is it coming in the next update or something?

And yeah I'm pretty surprised about the style myself. For years I kept silent about it because I assumed they'd add it eventually. But at this point I'm more than willing to get vocal about it haha

It was mentioned in the stream covering the next update. It’s also on PTS right now! It was described as being available for event tickets in the assistant like the dwarven spider pet.

PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird there are a bunch of base game dungeon styles we actually don't have access to as a motifs.

Lich, Original Ashlander, Ebon, Hawk's Eye, Lich, Maormer, Reach Winter, Savior's Hide, Original Worm Cult, Asylum, and 5th Tier racial motifs.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's weird there are a bunch of base game dungeon styles we actually don't have access to as a motifs.

Lich, Original Ashlander, Ebon, Hawk's Eye, Lich, Maormer, Reach Winter, Savior's Hide, Original Worm Cult, Asylum, and 5th Tier racial motifs.

At least there are costumes for original Ashlander and Reach Winter. The others? Not so lucky. And I'd love to have a proper Savior's hide style or costume. That was my go to armor in Skyrim, and in later playthroughs of Morrowind.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd even settle for a costume, if not a motif. Sure it would be better to have a motif so you can mix and match what you want, but at this point anything is better than nothing. The old Worm Cult style even has a robe version (not the half-robe version I'm wearing in the picture) which would also be cool to have access to.

I just don't understand the reason for restricting so many styles like NotaDaedraWorshipper mentioned. The lich style is another one I've had my eye on for years because of the lich staff (which looks similar to Mannimarco's staff). I was convinced that the Nerian'eth arms pack would include an updated version of that staff since it's what he uses in the actual dungeon, but it ended up being a different one altogether.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i want lich style
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    For me, I more fondly to the unobtainable Savior's Hide motif, but yeah same they should by now make these unobtainable motifs obtainable in some form of a way by now. Like, they could at least make them a limited time item in the crown store or shove them in a crate. Or, as a reward pitch to the team working on the upcoming endless dungeon, they could add the motifs as rewards within it.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on February 7, 2023 10:42AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.