Do the Dragonfires protect Tamriel or all of Nirn?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A quick (?) and fairly random question but something I found myself wondering about. I know that during ESO the Dragonfires remain unlit anyway, because no suitable candidates are available to light them, but when they are does it only protect Tamriel or is it all of Nirn?

Are there hypothetically distant continents which have no direct contact with Tamriel which periodically find themselves open to daedric invasions for no apparent reason?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would think it would have to be all of Nirn, otherwise the Daedric Princes could take over, say, Akavir, then raise a mortal army of cultists and invade that way. Or suck those continents into their respective Daedric planes, at which point they stop existing as part of Nirn.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet on the Mundus, the mortal plane of existence.
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gap in the Lore. Tamriel is everything, center of the world, where everything happens. Everywhere else is forgotten or ignored.

I have to wonder what happened during the Planemeld and Oblivion Crisis on the other continents, though. Not so much as a Thank You card from the dead beats on the other continents. :smile: I also have to wonder why there hasn't been a Crisis elsewhere that impacts Tamriel and then mysteriously goes away when some Hero fixes it on the other continent.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I have to wonder what happened during the Planemeld and Oblivion Crisis on the other continents, though. Not so much as a Thank You card from the dead beats on the other continents. :smile:

Given that both those particular messes were started by Tamrielics in the first place I wouldn’t be sending a thank you card either! ;)

We do have the Tsaesci invading to stop Alduin the World Eater, they just jumped the gun by a few thousand years.
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I also have to wonder why there hasn't been a Crisis elsewhere that impacts Tamriel and then mysteriously goes away when some Hero fixes it on the other continent.

If we get DLC in Pyandonea I expect some will crop up. ;)

That said, most of the disasters on other continents don’t seem to have heroes stopping them: witness the destruction of Yokuda and the freezing-over of Atmora.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • KingArthasMenethil
    KingArthasMenethil
    ✭✭✭
    They say that the "Dragonfires" is meant to stop the Daedra invading the world. But it could be easily just Sotha Sil's little deal with the Demon lords that stop it.

The real question is just how much is Imperial propaganda to make them seem important and how much actually does something.
    EU 2000+ CP
    Characters
    Gaius Sulla 50 Cyrodiil DragonKnight.
    Livia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Nightblade.
    Divayth-Fyr 50 Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Ragnar Shatter-Shield 50 Nord Dragonknight.
    Selvia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Templar.
    Attrebus Mede 50 Cyrodiil Warden.
    Zirath Urivith 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
    Dame Edwinna Gelas 50 Breton Dragonknight.
    Agrippina Tharn 50 Cyrodiil Necromancer.
    Bedal Dren 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    *Taps a claw on the Lunar Lattice.*

For those not familiar, a vast Daedric/Aedric level technology that spans both Nirn and the moons.
    The primary purpose of which is to keep Oblivion and it's more obnoxious residents out.

To paraphrase Abnur Tharn: "Look beyond the metaphors to find the truth in the myth."
    This one suggests that the statement applies to Imperial myths as well.