The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Craft bag for furniture

Spartaness
Having a 'third inventory' for furniture that was like the craft bag would be fantastic. I'm on my 7th 700 slot house just for storage and am loathe to destroy items I won't get mats back for. Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I would think it'd save a ton of server memory as the items aren't out in the world.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I commented on this in guild they said it has been suggested many times. They said one of the devs commented on it saying it is not like the crafting bags since there are a lot more unique furnishing pieces than there are crafting matts. That significant number of possible pieces that the server would have to query would add a greater load to the server at a time when they are trying to reduce the server load.

So yes, it is a great idea but probably not going to happen anytime soon.
  • Spartaness
    So I guess the next best alternative would be the ability to deconstruct furniture
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Require slight mod, housing runs from inventory of character& bank, crafting has option to exclude bank. It would be nice to have this option for housing.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I don't even horde furniture i know i will never use and I've got (2) 700 item homes near capacity as well as a bunch in my bank.

I agree a "craft bag" of sorts or a way to deconstruct and regain the materials would be nice. Even a basic item can require some costly mats, to just sell it off if i think i "might" use it in my next house.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the difference between a craft bag of furniture's toll on the server and that of simply having everything across several banks, storage chests and guild banks.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the difference between a craft bag of furniture's toll on the server and that of simply having everything across several banks, storage chests and guild banks.

One is only loaded when you access it, possibly(?!).
    Edited by Northwold on February 7, 2022 1:58PM
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree we need a furniture bag! That excuse of server load isn't true, since the furniture already take up server resources just being in houses, inventory and chests.