Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Gladiator of Kvatch a good set?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Like the title says. Is the Gladiator of Kvatch set a good set?
Particularly if you don't have an execute skill.
And how many bloodthirsty traits should I have if I use this set?

Best Answer

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I think it's a bad set UNLESS you run an execute. The only people I've heard say they use it is sorcs. Maybe @SkaraMinoc would be kind enough to answer that for you.
    Answer ✓
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @LittlePinkDot @OBJnoob

Best used on a Sorc with Endless Fury. Other classes I wouldn't bother.

It's a fun set to mess around with if you want to secure and/or steal killing blows. Many players won't expect it and let their health slip to 20% and then get clapped for 7-10k damage. Funny but mostly a meme set. For serious PvP, I wouldn't recommend it because you need to contribute towards getting the enemy into execute range. Gladiator does nothing for that.

You might have a few days of fun but you'll shelve it shortly thereafter.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 19, 2023 12:33AM
    PC NA
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's good in optimized BG groups if you're playing a Sorc. It's not the best in an optimized BG group, but it can be good with certain setups. But it's really only good if your entire group is optimized around one another, otherwise it's a meme set.

It's not good in PVE 90% of the time, and is ok at best.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty good on PVE Magicka Templar. Not quite as good as Kinras for sustained damage, but some encounters reward high burst damage at the end, and Gladiator beams are incredible. It's nice that you can craft it in light armor, while sets like Kinras and Deadly Strikes are only available in medium.

I wouldn't recommend it for PVP. Getting enemies from 100-25% while effectively missing a 5-piece set is tough. And generally if you beam someone below 25% health they are dead with or without gladiator.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u could try it with a nb that has a strong opener following spin, or bomber
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played with it on pvp magsorc in bgs for a couple of days. It’s good for stealing kills, that’s about it. Boring, parasitic play style. I don’t recommend it.