The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Destruction skills

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
Which better Destructive Reach" or
"Destructive Clench
For pvp and pve combine
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what you’re doing. Destructive reach is a spammable + DoT, clench is a spammable without DoT. Inferno clench does knockback, ice clench immobilizes but it also taunts so don’t use it in PvE unless you’re tanking.
    If this is still about your warden, I use ice reach as my spammable and I love it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Depends on what you’re doing. Destructive reach is a spammable + DoT, clench is a spammable without DoT. Inferno clench does knockback, ice clench immobilizes but it also taunts so don’t use it in PvE unless you’re tanking.
    If this is still about your warden, I use ice reach as my spammable and I love it.

I was thinking the same that frost reach is better like you say because of the over time for warden and thank you.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

I do wanna ask you is it true sorcere Crystal Weapon skill where it say reduce target armor for 1000 for 5 second that is almost like minor breach but with 5 second only and is that why it don't say minor breach right.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

I do wanna ask you is it true sorcere Crystal Weapon skill where it say reduce target armor for 1000 for 5 second that is almost like minor breach but with 5 second only and is that why it don't say minor breach right.

There are some cases where something applies a non-named debuff, as with Crystal Weapon. This is important because it can stack with major and minor breach. I’m not sure why it is that Crystal Weapon applies the debuff that it does but I mostly just see it used in PvE for the damage increase to light and heavy attacks. Could be useful in PvP though since player resistances can be higher than npc resistances.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Minor Breach is 2.9 times more armor reduction. Duration has nothing to do with it.
    Noone knows why Crystal Weapon still has this 1000 armor debuff. It's not needed for groups.
    Almost noone uses Crystal Weapon ever since Crystal Frags procs from Mag, Stam and Health abilities.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    I ask because I'm trying to get all my classes to have minor breach or major breach but as different breach skill abilities.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ask because I'm trying to get all my classes to have minor breach or major breach but as different breach skill abilities.

That's impossible. Only the Templars have an ability with minor breach. Other classes don't.
    And Templar is the only class that doesn't have a source for Major Breach.
    So unless you want to use SwordnBoard or Bows on every Character, I suggest you reevaluate your wish. Breach comes from sets and poisons as well. But neither Sunderflame nor Hand of Mephala or Dragons Defilement are considered good sets.

What do you really want? Reach the penetration cap? There are better ways to get there.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on January 25, 2023 6:53PM
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's impossible. Only the Templars have an ability with minor breach. Other classes don't.
    And Templar is the only class that doesn't have a source for Major Breach.
    So unless you want to use SwordnBoard or Bows on every Character, I suggest you reevaluate your wish. Breach comes from sets and poisons as well. But neither Sunderflame nor Hand of Mephala or Dragons Defilement are considered good sets.

What do you really want? Reach the penetration cap? There are better ways to get there.

Anything that does physical damage can proc Sundered status so theoretically any class skill with that type of damage can also trigger minor breach.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, with a probability of what? 1% for AoE DoTs or 10%for Single Target Dirrect Damage attacks?
    Its gonna be great uptime... 🙄

Without building for it, with for example the charged trait on the fb weapon, you have a very low effect on combat effectiveness of that sundered SE.

And the OP asked for abilities that give minor breach directly, not indirectly around three corners.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on January 28, 2023 9:57AM