Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arcanist

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
Like the Nightblade or Warden or other class skills would the Arcanist have had a history within the Elder Scrolls - could the Dwemer have first tapped into this majic - rune majic maybe..

Edit: never mind this :) when rewatching the Reveal, I saw/heard that the origins of the Arcanist along with other lore can be discovered while playing Shadow over Morrowind.
Edited by Eporem on January 27, 2023 1:35AM
  • CardinalJack
    CardinalJack
    ✭✭
    Fully expecting the Arcanist is a result of selling your soul to Herma Mora. Filthy Daedra....
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully expecting the Arcanist is a result of selling your soul to Herma Mora. Filthy Daedra....

Yeah just a rebranded Morrowind Warlock with Herma Mora theme

"I'm a warlock. I have bound myself by oath and deed to the service of a Daedra lord, and in return have received gifts of knowledge and power. The Temple calls my patrons the bad Daedra, and perhaps they aren't very nice... but I guess I'm not very nice, either. If you are curious, and not afraid, I can tell you a little about the bad Daedra and Daedric summonings."

Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While rune magic, likely is its own magic, type of thing, the dwemers major acheivements, were more based on music. Tonal architecture. So this magic isn't connected to them as far as we know, this is more a unique thing tied to the Daedric prince Mora.

Aztrias wrote: »

Yeah just a rebranded Morrowind Warlock with Herma Mora theme

"I'm a warlock. I have bound myself by oath and deed to the service of a Daedra lord, and in return have received gifts of knowledge and power. The Temple calls my patrons the bad Daedra, and perhaps they aren't very nice... but I guess I'm not very nice, either. If you are curious, and not afraid, I can tell you a little about the bad Daedra and Daedric summonings."

Well if you are talking about the Tribunal Temple, pretty sure they wouldn't consider Mora as one of the bad Daedra. Given his role with Mephala, they are connected. Also i assume they have similar stories about Mora as the Khajiit do. Since its stated Azura has an alliance with the prince, and the Prince allows Azura to read the books in his library.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Hermaus Mora is not one of the Bad Daedra.
    The Warlock characters in Morrowind say their patrons are the bad Daedra, but my bet is that a 'Warlock' could make a pact with any Daedra(not just the ones the Temple deem 'Bad Daedra') for power and knowledge, in that regard the Arcanist does seem like a Hermaus Mora flavored Warlock.
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Some Lore of Apocrypha

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Secrets_Overheard_in_Apocrypha

is Hermaus Mora then considered an Ur-Daedra who is elder than Ada? and could the mad mage mentioned be the new Redguard companion who is an Arcanist

Edited by Eporem on January 29, 2023 10:12PM