Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minimal Companion Reactions seems to be bugged

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just trying to level up Bastian, setting the reactions to minimal to avoid dealing with its noise, but the thing keeps grumbling every time I enter a city.

I'm not sure if it is intentional or bugged, but I see no difference to frequent. The thing doesn't shut up.

If you can't find a way to completely disable the companions noise, at least we could have an option to automatically remove Bastion when we enter a city.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't play much last time but I also noticed that Ember talks a lot about cities with minimal setting - maybe that one city trigger is bugged?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I entered Mournhold with Bastian and it started the usual nonsense talk about cities. Then I traveled to another place and returned. This time it didn't talk right away but as soon as I entered the Mages Guild I had to hear it repeating the same annoying conversation for the thousandth millionth time.

Reacting twice in less than one minute doesn't seem very minimal to me. In minimal mode I was expecting it to be silent for at least 3 to 6 hours.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what i heard on the explanation was that the frequency is on a per dialog basis

so like there is a dialog for entering city, dialog for mounting, dialog for using an ult, dialog for combat, etc

each one of those basically has an individual cooldown that is lengthened or shortened depending on the frequency setting

so even with minimal it still feels like they talk semi frequently, and i still am an advocate for them adding a "none" option so that they shut up lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what i heard on the explanation was that the frequency is on a per dialog basis

so like there is a dialog for entering city, dialog for mounting, dialog for using an ult, dialog for combat, etc

Ouch! That's still painful. I don't understand why are they forcing us to hear the same trash talk forever.

I think I'll just quit companions again and try when it's fixed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i find it more tolerable with it set to minimal, but i still think there should be a "none" option

either that or they should add more varied lines lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i find it more tolerable with it set to minimal, but i still think there should be a "none" option

either that or they should add more varied lines lol

They could at least give us the "none" option once we reach the maximum level or maximum rapport on a companion. It would be more than fair and an incentive to complete it. After we reach the maximum level or rapport of a companion it means that we already listened to their talk thousands of times, forcing it after this point it's just sadistic.