Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Nightblade and warden weapon choice

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
I'm stuck on which of these two weapon fit well on each other as 1 bar.
Double dagger or bow
Also just wondering is minor breach worth on having on all class and no matter what.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daggers are generally better but for warden you should consider an ice staff.
    Minor breach is done by tanks in PvE, in PvP I’m not sure but I know magshalks (major/minor breach) is great there.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Daggers are generally better but for warden you should consider an ice staff.
    Minor breach is done by tanks in PvE, in PvP I’m not sure but I know magshalks (major/minor breach) is great there.

I already have 2 warden one stamina I'm doing for bow or dagger and one is made as ice warden staff.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    I need assistance to choose
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If youre doing a 1 bar build, id go with dual wielding. DW you can at least get a ranged ability, but unless you have the vateshran bow, you will always have to be at range to make full use of the bow's abilities and passives. Whichever you feel more comfortable playing with. As a warden, most of the skills are ranged so maybe bow would be better. As a NB dual wield would probably be better as its more of a up close fighter. Also depends on if youre doing pve or pvp tho, as a NB can use bow and then cloak away for pvp.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    That was my main as bow warden and dual wield as NB until I change it but when I test it yesterday it didn't feel right as how it was before like you say so thank you also one last thing which class fit with fire staff because I have it for DK first but I change it to a sword and shield because it fit on dk better so I put the fire staff to soccer if that fit better or is it better on necromancer.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »
    That was my main as bow warden and dual wield as NB until I change it but when I test it yesterday it didn't feel right as how it was before like you say so thank you also one last thing which class fit with fire staff because I have it for DK first but I change it to a sword and shield because it fit on dk better so I put the fire staff to soccer if that fit better or is it better on necromancer.

Every class except Warden or a HA build, if you’re using a staff use inferno. Warden uses ice and HA uses lightning. Daggers are better than inferno staff damagewise (on mag too) but if you weave it’s only useful in close range and heavies give stam rather than mag.
    Thematically, necromancer has ice, lightning, and fire skills while sorcerer has lightning. Though, it could be argued lightning causes fire.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

Every class except Warden or a HA build, if you’re using a staff use inferno. Warden uses ice and HA uses lightning. Daggers are better than inferno staff damagewise (on mag too) but if you weave it’s only useful in close range and heavies give stam rather than mag.
    Thematically, necromancer has ice, lightning, and fire skills while sorcerer has lightning. Though, it could be argued lightning causes fire.

I am following all skills passive as example dragon knight have a 10% block and others so that mean a shield and sword fit on him and sorcerer I see it have a lightning and physical 5% passive so not sure if a two handle weapon fit on sorcerer and night blade have a 100% stunning passive so not sure which different weapon have a good stun skills and I'm trying to have every class not using the same weapon and feel different if that make sense.
    But fire staff I'm stuck which one work well especially when necromancer have a over time passive.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am following all skills passive as example dragon knight have a 10% block and others so that mean a shield and sword fit on him and sorcerer I see it have a lightning and physical 5% passive so not sure if a two handle weapon fit on sorcerer and night blade have a 100% stunning passive so not sure which different weapon have a good stun skills and I'm trying to have every class not using the same weapon and feel different if that make sense.
    But fire staff I'm stuck which one work well especially when necromancer have a over time passive.

DK has that passive but any weapon can block not just sword and shield. Sure sword and shield gets some use out of it as a tank, but you could argue that its useful for any situation where you block successfully. Someone in light armor who would take more damage from physical attacks would benefit a lot more if the attack theyre blocking is a physical one, whereas the reverse is true for if the person is wearing heavy armor and blocks a magickal attack. Its not solely about the weapon you use.

Not to mention that you can use any weapon with any class (tho yes ice staves are better with mag wardens).
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max damage is going to be daggers, but Bow will give you more options at range. Class really doesnt matter here. The only weapon that specifically screams warden (or any specific class) is ice staff.

Its purely a preference in playstyle. Melee usually has more damage potential, range usually is a little easier to play. If you already have a staff warden, maybe consider giving melee a try.

In PVP specifically, oakensoul NB with DW can make a heck of a ganker if you dont mind getting up close and personal. Ganking can also be done with a bow. Your kill rate wont be as high, but much easier to slip away when you miss.

There really isn't a right answer here. Truthfully, if you want a really powerful one bar build, roll a sorc with a lighting staff. There is no better bang for your buck in terms of damage potential, survival, and ease of play, at least in PVE. In PVP, the only one bar build I would run is a NB ganker, but that's just me.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Max damage is going to be daggers, but Bow will give you more options at range. Class really doesnt matter here. The only weapon that specifically screams warden (or any specific class) is ice staff.

Its purely a preference in playstyle. Melee usually has more damage potential, range usually is a little easier to play. If you already have a staff warden, maybe consider giving melee a try.

In PVP specifically, oakensoul NB with DW can make a heck of a ganker if you dont mind getting up close and personal. Ganking can also be done with a bow. Your kill rate wont be as high, but much easier to slip away when you miss.

There really isn't a right answer here. Truthfully, if you want a really powerful one bar build, roll a sorc with a lighting staff. There is no better bang for your buck in terms of damage potential, survival, and ease of play, at least in PVE. In PVP, the only one bar build I would run is a NB ganker, but that's just me.

I understand thank you and that why I always use 1 bar is easier and fun.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

DK has that passive but any weapon can block not just sword and shield. Sure sword and shield gets some use out of it as a tank, but you could argue that its useful for any situation where you block successfully. Someone in light armor who would take more damage from physical attacks would benefit a lot more if the attack theyre blocking is a physical one, whereas the reverse is true for if the person is wearing heavy armor and blocks a magickal attack. Its not solely about the weapon you use.

Not to mention that you can use any weapon with any class (tho yes ice staves are better with mag wardens).

Thank you I keep it in mind.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yadibroz Sounds like you want roleplay advice, rather than gameplay advice. 🤔Anyways. 😅

If you want to make a viable weapon choice, than you should look at the weapon passives, not the class passives.
    Weapons should supplement the class by plucking the holes in the class kit. Not reinforcing the strong points while leaving the holes open.

Wardens do not have a strong and easy to use class spammable (Birds are not a real spammble, imo. They are too difficult to use. Needs a lot of skill.). Flurry fills that gap perfectly. Also, on one bar builds you are in need of efficiency on terms of bar space usage. And the Bloodthirst morph of Flurry will heal you as well as do very good damage.
    For Icewardens the same is true in the case of Frost Reach. Without the heal, though.
    In PvE Dual Wielding is always best for Nightblades, Wardens and pretty much all classes.
    In groups you use 2 Daggers and while Soloing 2 maces.
    read, think and write.In that order.