Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companion ultimate alert sound

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
There's an alert sound for the companion ultimate that I'd like to disable. Is it possible? I mean, without removing the skill from the bar.

I think the alert sound is set to let the player know that the companion ultimate ready to use, but I never use it manually, I always let the companion use it. Unfortunately companions don't use much their ultimate, or they delay it for a long time, and the sound alert of their ultimate don't stop for a while during fights.

I already tried to remove the key on controls, but I didn't find it. Am I missing something?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    playing sound on ultimate being useable is in the settings, and if on PC i think there are also addons that can change or turn off the alert sound for the ultimate too

i usually let the companion use theirs manually as well, and most of the time they do use it soon after its full (exception being if its a melee ultimate like bastion or isobel and you have them designed as a ranged dmg, since they only use the ultimate when in melee range of an enemy)

i also really hate the long cast on some of the ultimates, specifically isobels, its not good for a tank companion to get locked into a 3.8 sec cast time ultimate that doesnt even do that great of dmg lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    playing sound on ultimate being useable is in the settings, and if on PC i think there are also addons that can change or turn off the alert sound for the ultimate too

i usually let the companion use theirs manually as well, and most of the time they do use it soon after its full (exception being if its a melee ultimate like bastion or isobel and you have them designed as a ranged dmg, since they only use the ultimate when in melee range of an enemy)

i also really hate the long cast on some of the ultimates, specifically isobels, its not good for a tank companion to get locked into a 3.8 sec cast time ultimate that doesnt even do that great of dmg lol

I didn't find it on settings yet. I only found "Companion Ultimate Auto Cast" that I have turned on, so I shouldn't even be receiving sound alerts from it. But I going to try to find that addon. Thanks.

0tajb7w9m8kr.png

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw... I never use Bastian. Mostly the problem is with Mirri as an healer. Her ultimate seems to get stuck sometimes and keeps repeating a sound alert.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill have to look where i saw the option, but im pretty sure there is something about it in the "no thank you" addon

i honestly didnt even notice the companion ultimate has a sound when its charged lol (and i had solved my problem with isobels ultimate by just taking it off her bar so she didnt use it lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill have to look where i saw the option, but im pretty sure there is something about it in the "no thank you" addon

i honestly didnt even notice the companion ultimate has a sound when its charged lol (and i had solved my problem with isobels ultimate by just taking it off her bar so she didnt use it lol)

I'm going to check it. thanks. :wink:

I think that the companion ultimate alert sound is new. At least I only started to get annoyed by it recently. :smiley:
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been noticing that the companion ultimate alert sound happens only with Mirri.

The Impeccable Shot ultimate seems to be bugged and it rarely works, so there's a constant sound that I'm now not sure if it is an alert for the ultimate ready or an error sound because it doesn't work.

It would be nice if we had other ultimate options on companions. We only have one and when it's bugged there's no other option.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i used to use mirri, the ultimate worked fine for me, however the companions do act weird if the target they are trying to go after is out of LOS

this is extremely noticeable with the mages guild meteor (starfall for them), if the enemy is out of LOS, the companion will repeatedly try to cast starfall (making the noise of the skill at the same time, even though it never fully activates)

a similar issue could be happening to mirri with her ultimate if the enemy goes out of LOS and she is trying to aim the ultimate but its failing because she cant target the enemy

i dont remember mirris ultimate actually having problems and doing nothing, though because it is single target she is very likely to pop it poorly timed or on the wrong target (like aiming the shot right as the enemy dies since its a 3 sec cast time, or shooting it at a weak enemy instead of the boss if its like right at the beginning of combat)

i kind of wish companions had at least 1 more skill slot available, because with 5 slot + ult, they are effectively working with a 1 bar build and since all their skills are cooldown based its hard to balance them with dmg skills and self survival skills
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is extremely noticeable with the mages guild meteor (starfall for them), if the enemy is out of LOS, the companion will repeatedly try to cast starfall (making the noise of the skill at the same time, even though it never fully activates)

humm... maybe that's annoying noise I'm constantly hearing. I can't find a way to disable that sound and the ultimate rarely works, so I'm just going to remove it until it's fixed. usually I hear that sound repeatedly in a fight around 6 to 10 times until the ultimate procs... and it doesn't do anything special anyway. :smiley:
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After all, I was being optimistic. I've just been counting the number of times I hear the ultimate alert sound during a fight and it always exceeds 12 consecutive times until it procs.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

humm... maybe that's annoying noise I'm constantly hearing. I can't find a way to disable that sound and the ultimate rarely works, so I'm just going to remove it until it's fixed. usually I hear that sound repeatedly in a fight around 6 to 10 times until the ultimate procs... and it doesn't do anything special anyway. :smiley:

mirris ultimate is kind of like the NPCs "taking aim" charged shot

it has a 3 second cast time, and during the 3 second cast time she makes the target take 20% more dmg, and then fires a heavy dmg bow shot at the end (ive seen her get up to 45k dmg crits with it)

the main problem i have with most of the companion ults is the very long cast times, for mirri if she loses LoS it cancels the ultimate

bastions ult requires an enemy being in melee range for at least 2 sec, and then has a 2 sec cast time on top of it
    isobels ult likely has the same melee requirement as bastion but has a 3.8 sec cast time on her ult
    mirri has a 3 sec cast time on her ult, but at least its debuffing the enemy while the cast is going off

the only companion ult that works good right now is ember, who only has a 0.5 sec cast time on her ult so it basically never gets interrupted from LoS issues
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But why do we get that intrusive alert sound constantly? I understand now, after reading your explanation, that it's hard to proc, but I really don't care, I don't need to be constantly spammed with that alert sound everytime the ultimate fails. I really don't want to know and I don't find it useful. There must be a way to disable it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the base game sadly no, not without just removing their ultimate entirely, i did not see any specific options in the normal game settings about the ultimate ready sound

the addon "no thank you" has an option to mute the ultimate ready sound, but i dont know if it works for companion ultimates
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master