Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

UPDATE :we will get up to 20 CHARS MAX

• joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of my characters will be deleted. Each of them was horrifically expensive both in terms of time and money invested. I have burnt way too much money on things that will one day in the not too distant future be completely annihilated - once the servers are switched off. Unless at least one character slot is added, the new class can't even possibly exist on my account.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. I have free slots now and will be getting another one if I buy Necrom.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to confirm here, there will be 2 additional slots with the introduction of the Arcanist, totaling 20 character slots.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Arawin
    Arawin
    ✭✭
    it also said one of the slots will be free
  • TheGremlyn
    TheGremlyn
    ✭✭
    Wishful thinking. If we got 3 slots I could keep up my form of having a tank of every class, a healer of every class, and dps of every class. I'm particular about the eso races as I like running Imperial for tanks, Bretons for healers and High Elves for my dps. I do turn my tanks into stam dps using the armory system but it's also quicker for me to simply log out of one and onto another and everything is set and I don't have to worry about messing up the armory builds (did it once, wasn't thrilled).

Insert sad puppy eyes here
    Just Call Me Stalwart
    PC NA
    Tank First, Healer Second, DPS for Fun
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to confirm here, there will be 2 additional slots with the introduction of the Arcanist, totaling 20 character slots.

What about Class Change Token? For most players with tons of characters the additional slots don't help much, because it'll require stop playing the way we enjoy for about one year to fully level up another character when we already did it too many times.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

What about Class Change Token? For most players with tons of characters the additional slots don't help much, because it'll require stop playing the way we enjoy for about one year to fully level up another character when we already did it too many times.

Heck , this particular story arc with Hermaeus Mora is the perfect opportunity to introduce them. Working with the Daedric Pince of Forbidden Knowledge?! Having a class-change token as the storyline reward (make them look like the Black Books) would be perfection.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

Heck , this particular story arc with Hermaeus Mora is the perfect opportunity to introduce them. Working with the Daedric Pince of Forbidden Knowledge?! Having a class-change token as the storyline reward (make them look like the Black Books) would be perfection.

That would be amazing. Much more rewarding than 2 useless character slots.
  • Screamer19b14_ESO

Can you give some insight as to why ZOS is changing precedent of always making the amount of possible character slots the number of playable classes multiplied by the number of traditional roles in the game? Morrowind released 3 slots, Elsweyr released 3 slots, and now necrom will be two? I can speak for many when i say regardless of the introduction of the armory system, i still must make multiple of the same class to play a different role because at this time, it is not possible to save character race in an armory slot. I and many other players would buy 28 race changes and an ungodly amount of armory slots if that were the cased so we can fine tune our builds to the maximum.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you give some insight as to why ZOS is changing precedent of always making the amount of possible character slots the number of playable classes multiplied by the number of traditional roles in the game? Morrowind released 3 slots, Elsweyr released 3 slots, and now necrom will be two? I can speak for many when i say regardless of the introduction of the armory system, i still must make multiple of the same class to play a different role because at this time, it is not possible to save character race in an armory slot. I and many other players would buy 28 race changes and an ungodly amount of armory slots if that were the cased so we can fine tune our builds to the maximum.

Just a guess, but it may be because of the armory system? Seeing as each character gets one free armory slot you could actually do four builds with only two more characters: tank, healer, stam dps, mag dps.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Morrowind only released 2(#13 and #14)
    Dragonbone about 6 month later released the #15 with leveling reward
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on January 26, 2023 6:01PM
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just give us a class change token?
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we really get one character slot for free ? Can't find any dev post about this.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Will we really get one character slot for free ? Can't find any dev post about this.

It was on zos twitter