The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which base game furnishings would you like to see made availible to players?

FayJolyn
FayJolyn
✭✭✭✭
Running around base game zones I sometimes notice base game furnishing that are never made available to players. These are usually simple furnishings that are not fancy enough to be luxury furnishings I think, but were never added as a recipe. For example this Khajiit canopy as pictured above the clothing station in Rawl'kha.

edl2cqwm4p5y.jpg

Which base game furnishing would you like to see made available to players?
Edited by FayJolyn on January 7, 2023 4:22PM
Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor and weapon racks with armor and weapons to place in them.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 7, 2023 6:47PM
    PCNA
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Musical instruments! They have lutes -everywhere-0 but you can't place them in your own homes.
    Also hammocks. They only have one kind available, and it's the kind that has to grow out of a tree. None of the normal human-ish kind.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor and weapon racks with armor and weapons to place in them.

100% Agree, how am I supposed to design a dueling arena when I can’t even set up weapons or armor in the waiting rooms?
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Weapons and armor are a 100% must most needed furnishing for the next few content updates. It just seems like such an obvious and important thing that is continuously missing for years. Would also like to see other "martial" accents like the archery targets, weapon racks and training dummies.

1fnthrw4g3fn.png
    lzkkfu4xb6kk.png

But also, there are these really amazing "glowing" potions. I've only seen them in Vile Manse, and nowhere else in the game. But I can't believe they are not requested more often because they are absolutely stunning when used to accent a shelf full of clutter.

bwu0owgunhqh.png

Lastly would like to see some of the crafting tools that havent been included yet including the whet stone, spinner's wheel and mannequin.

qpyhod8sg9vq.png
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @w002exp Those glowing potion bottles are beautiful! I also agree we need weapons, armor, and more musical instrument furnishings! I know these have long been requested, and it almost seems we’re being trolled when the only sword furnishings are… light fixtures… What?

Other things high on my list:
    1) Ayleid structural furnishings, especially arches, pillars, walls, and roof would be amazing too.
    2) Mushroom planters — there are a number of shelves, pots, and barrels of mushrooms in Tamriel that I’d love to have as furnishings.
    3) Open books and scrolls. The only open books I am aware of are part of large furnishing packs.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Musical instruments! They have lutes -everywhere-0 but you can't place them in your own homes.
    Also hammocks. They only have one kind available, and it's the kind that has to grow out of a tree. None of the normal human-ish kind.

Yes! The harp! I want the harp that's sitting in Greymoor Keep in the residential area XD

Vampires make awesome harpists, I'm sure.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mirrors that actually reflect and windows that actually show the outside
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »

Yes! The harp! I want the harp that's sitting in Greymoor Keep in the residential area XD

How neat would it be, If the harp was intractable, and you could treat it as a music box. Character sits down to activate it, triggering an emote that makes it look like your char is playing it, while harp music fills the air.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can they put the hot coals in the crown store already or at least offer them up in a pack? Currently, you have to buy the two homes for them and it's super expensive to find them on traders.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not what your asking, but...

I want the kitten version of the Mages Guild Sentry Cat.

Which is kind of a furnishing, but not at all base game.

1Q6ptJZ.png
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Thought of a few more:

This brewery equipment:
    k7zv9zy525ar.png

These awesome blacksmith molds
    2e479maym4ed.png

The full set of celestial panels. I'm pretty sure you can only get 4 of the 13 right now.
    oedko0b1a3ra.png
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'd also love to see some PET toys! Pet beds, bowls with kibble, bowls with water, toys, , maybe the ability to play fetch with them too.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mirrors that actually reflect and windows that actually show the outside
    Those would both be really nice, probably wouldn't help server performance, though.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The normal high elf chandelier that has a bright orange fire rather than the cursed blue on that provides almost no light.
    PC EU
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »

How neat would it be, If the harp was intractable, and you could treat it as a music box. Character sits down to activate it, triggering an emote that makes it look like your char is playing it, while harp music fills the air.
    Oh, I would love this so much :)

• Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    The normal high elf chandelier that has a bright orange fire rather than the cursed blue on that provides almost no light.

Yes, it's such a pretty design and it's so cold :(
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the windows from the Vaults of Madness generally available.

310qe6l17ait.jpg
    Edited by Northwold on January 21, 2023 9:40PM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flower boxes from each region (like, Flower boxes, marble of Alinor)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took screenies this morning while doing writs. Was planning to make a similar post:

2pi5kw7nj4dh.png
    zw82cgjhdakk.png
    1i5eanj0fndl.png

Why did we get a generic orc statue base this week?

The weekly lux vendor is the only window of opportunity we have for some of this stuff. It'd be interesting to get some insight into the rationale behind what gets selected, and what rejected.

From my limited perspective, we seem to get a lot of REALLY niche and a lot of redundant stuff at the expense of obvious things we've been asking for, for a very long time.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the glowy alchemy bottles @w002exp posted above. More stuff for our arcane laboratories would be amazing. Thus, my second request:

1onnzhkfo8db.png

This image shows two things, found in the Mages Guild in Evermore (my character's home until we finally get a Breton Sorcerer's Tower in Mournoth!). A magical effect "door", and an arcane rune or summoning circle on the ground. Both would be absolutely fantastic as placeable furnishings for typical wizard's tower-type house.

Here's another:

lcwwpsoyz1bf.png
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on January 23, 2023 4:18AM
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thirdly, because the open plot houses are great, there needs to be more variety of structural furnishings.

From base game, we're sorely in need of some of these amazing Ayleid structures:

3sevzuvr5wqk.png
    zr2rbrrybflo.png

I also really LOVE the twisted black iron machinations of Coldharbour. Not the "Mad Architect" style featured in Crypt of Hearts, but this stuff:

jc9ka5mpc4a5.png
    gcrkicdrgeng.png
    vnx8dqpic7lp.png
    n8wyixrbs4xh.png
    atoy7t7i5exg.png
    p4jcpybltlo3.png
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the chicken coop please

tKl1OE0.png
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the Telvanni vivariums / specimen jars with mushrooms inside, as seen in Vvardenfell. We have the empty specimen jar, but I’ve yet to find mushrooms or indeed much else that can fit inside.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    w002exp wrote: »

The full set of celestial panels. I'm pretty sure you can only get 4 of the 13 right now.

@w002exp We have 12 of the Constellation Steles. Most of them are at the luxury furnisher while a few are achievment furniture.

Why did we get a generic orc statue base this week?

The weekly lux vendor is the only window of opportunity we have for some of this stuff. It'd be interesting to get some insight into the rationale behind what gets selected, and what rejected.

From my limited perspective, we seem to get a lot of REALLY niche and a lot of redundant stuff at the expense of obvious things we've been asking for, for a very long time.

Because it's Orsinium weeks. The luxury furnisher has a schedule and the themes are over two weekends.

We can wonder how they decide each theme's new item, though. Sometimes the item is nice, other times even I find the choice odd.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy with just a common teapot, which furnishing recipe does exist in the game files, they just never bothered to let us be able to get our hands on it. From a template character on the PTS.
    9c3b7c3uxjst.jpg

I am after just simple things I would use in most houses, does not have to be something grand to please me. Garlic, a common broom, steak, plain bread, all the base armor and weapons, display cases(the nice ones), plaque's, weapon racks, armor stands, stuff you see in the game but we just cannot have for our houses. Even our alchemy flowers so we can have some nice flowerpots would keep me happy.
  • Katelin
    Katelin
    ✭✭✭
    Oh goodness, so many things and I agree with all the wishlist items posted here! Here are some of my own wishlisted items...

Beehives and apiaries...here are apiaries that can be found on top of the Pulk delve in Vvardenfell:
    tpp5alo1lpnh.png

High Isle added a ton of birdhouses, and all we got was a little gourd one. Here are a couple birdhouses, including one with an animated bird that can be found in Nenalarion's House in Gonfalon Bay (it even chirps!):
    6652vdisc055.png

This painting of a Very Good Boy:
    4nclt76frpr7.png

A mystery board game that looks nice on a table, and bonus: a bowl that matches the compass rose plate set from High Isle:
    eglc2yee84q5.png

Laundry basket and washboard:
    b9te1cbsdnwh.png

Garden planted tomatoes, corn, etc.
    zbaffq7m5riq.png

Thermometer...an example is right inside the door of The Cautious Coffer in Gonfalon Bay:
    ygtfhy871bft.png

Upgraded foodstuffs...these look sooo much nicer than the base game versions, but our furnishing versions only use the older models:
    qh1o4ypjaz6v.png

Mushroom planters and musical instruments were previously mentioned...here are some examples in Fargrave:
    444xrrprn8gv.png
    lgtzj58mqg8b.png
    (to be honest, Fargrave is full of things I would love to be converted to furnishings...)

Dear ZOS, I think y'all got a good project here if y'all take on a summer intern, lol!