The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can you give necromancer skull throw a small buff?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
ricochet/venom, a small buff would be amazing.
Maybe something that doensn't affect pvp too much like...third skull throw's have 5% crit chance... or just buff the dmg, or add minor courage to it or minor brutality
Edited by francesinhalover on January 8, 2023 3:10AM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would need the buff for PvP, as it’s incomparable to other ranged spammables, why would I use Venom over Lethal Injection or Crushing Weapon?
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Necromancer as a whole needs a rework, it’s missing so many important things.
  • MurkyWetWolf198
    MurkyWetWolf198
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer's mostly fine, It just needs a good spammable and then it'd be set. It's arguable best class PvE, and it's main downside in PvP is the lack of a good spammable and stun
    Personally, I think Ricochet skulls should apply burning to nearby enemies (a strong DoT) every 3rd cast, and Stam skulls should become a melee ability where you pick up a skull and crack it against an enemy, and it stuns every 3rd hit
    Thoughts?
    Edited by MurkyWetWolf198 on January 8, 2023 8:55PM
  • MurkyWetWolf198
    MurkyWetWolf198
    ✭✭✭
    And Necromancer as a whole needs a rework, it’s missing so many important things.

What do you think it's missing?
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn’t have a Minor buff to provide to the group.

It has maybe two DoTs and the class damage passive scales with DoTs.

The class has a sustain passive that requires kills to proc which is a very heavy cost, as there are often long drawn out fights with one enemy.

Avid Boneyard is significantly better than its other morph, literally night and day.

All of the class Ultimates cost 225+

The most iconic skill of a Necromancer, a pet skeleton; Skeletal Archer, is absolutely useless in its current state.

The list goes on…
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 9, 2023 7:15AM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the class needs in pvp, imho, is an offensive identity to call its own. Every other class seems to have one. Nightblades put out extreme burst from stealth and are gone in the blink of an eye. Dragonknights are the kings of wars of attrition, and will outlast you with their HoTs and DoTs. Sorcerers are the masters of speed, and can hit and run better than any other class. Wardens' game is usually AoE CCs -- snaring, rooting and stunning their way to victory. Templars are versatile healers with a great execute. the best cleanse in the game, and offering the most utility to their group.

Necromancers have blastbones, which is unreliable even on good days. Outside of that, they have nothing worth mentioning. Their summons (archer and arcanist) deal laughable damage and are literally more useful dead (as corpses to be consumed). Their AoE DoT abilities (shocking siphon and boneyard) pale in comparison to skills like Cinder Storm, and are too easy to just walk away from.

Necromancer honestly feels like the redheaded stepchild of classes right now.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on January 9, 2023 8:04AM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the class needs in pvp, imho, is an offensive identity to call its own. Every other class seems to have one. Nightblades put out extreme burst from stealth and are gone in the blink of an eye. Dragonknights are the kings of wars of attrition, and will outlast you with their HoTs and DoTs. Sorcerers are the masters of speed, and can hit and run better than any other class. Wardens' game is usually AoE CCs -- snaring, rooting and stunning their way to victory. Templars are versatile healers with a great execute. the best cleanse in the game, and offering the most utility to their group.

Necromancers have blastbones, which is unreliable even on good days. Outside of that, they have nothing worth mentioning. Their summons (archer and arcanist) deal laughable damage and are literally more useful dead (as corpses to be consumed). Their AoE DoT abilities (shocking siphon and boneyard) pale in comparison to skills like Cinder Storm, and are too easy to just walk away from.

Necromancer honestly feels like the redheaded stepchild of classes right now.

given the class might become garbage out of nowhere because of pvp. I rather it stay balanced like now. even if boring,
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn’t have a Minor buff to provide to the group.

It has maybe two DoTs and the class damage passive scales with DoTs.

The class has a sustain passive that requires kills to proc which is a very heavy cost, as there are often long drawn out fights with one enemy.

Avid Boneyard is significantly better than its other morph, literally night and day.

All of the class Ultimates cost 225+

The most iconic skill of a Necromancer, a pet skeleton; Skeletal Archer, is absolutely useless in its current state.

The list goes on…

yeah the ultimate's could get a cost decrease. I know necro's can farm ulti fast but that doesn't really work on boss fights.

yeah the other boneyard is mostly for tanks i think. Otherwise idk what it is for. If it gets some buffs it will just be used on pve instead of avid because your teammates can proc avid for you.

the pet skeleton should have a longer duration. at this point it's bloody useless compared to just using base vigor.

yeah i wish it gave other ppl something. maybe https://eso-hub.com/en/buffs-debuffs/minor-courage
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the necro ult isn't as valuable as it used to be. It feels like there are easier ways to get major vulnerability these days -- e.g. Turning Tide and/or the Archdruid monster set. I feel like there used to be things in the necromancer's kit that made it really stand out. Major protection from Deaden Pain is another good example of this.
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great if the class had access to major sorcery through a class skill...
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The class needs the basic buffs that are now available to every other class through their class skills (one of either major sorc/brut or proph/sav, if not access to both). The mage/archer were given a 50% stealth nerf for no reason recently - this should either be reverted or the skills completely reworked, especially since the skills don't even count as dots and are not buffed by the dot passive. Finally their spammable needs love. Whether it's a total rework, or at the very least given one of the aforementioned buffs, there needs to be a reason to use those skills because as is, they are straight downgrades (at most you could argue theyre sidegrades) to other spammables, and in PvP they're absolutely useless outside of anything other than melee range because of how slow the projectiles travel.

That's really about it. Add the named buffs so that they aren't shoehorned into 2h/entropy/green or blue pots and give them a reason to use their class damage abilities. They have strong healing, and good burst from blastbones, but they're very 1 note.

Editing to add: it irks me that they attempted to buff empowering grasp just to nuke it by removing Empower from pvp entirely. Changes to Empower aside, this skill needs to either give its pet buff passively while slotted or on cast - whether or not you hit the pets themselves. It is nigh impossible to actually hit your pets with this.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 10, 2023 4:39PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The class needs the basic buffs that are now available to every other class through their class skills (one of either major sorc/brut or proph/sav, if not access to both). The mage/archer were given a 50% stealth nerf for no reason recently - this should either be reverted or the skills completely reworked, especially since the skills don't even count as dots and are not buffed by the dot passive. Finally their spammable needs love. Whether it's a total rework, or at the very least given one of the aforementioned buffs, there needs to be a reason to use those skills because as is, they are straight downgrades (at most you could argue theyre sidegrades) to other spammables, and in PvP they're absolutely useless outside of anything other than melee range because of how slow the projectiles travel.

That's really about it. Add the named buffs so that they aren't shoehorned into 2h/entropy/green or blue pots and give them a reason to use their class damage abilities. They have strong healing, and good burst from blastbones, but they're very 1 note.

Editing to add: it irks me that they attempted to buff empowering grasp just to nuke it by removing Empower from pvp entirely. Changes to Empower aside, this skill needs to either give its pet buff passively while slotted or on cast - whether or not you hit the pets themselves. It is nigh impossible to actually hit your pets with this.

Wow, I kind of forgot about empowering grasp! I was always like, which direction do I cast it to? The allies or the enemies? Both? lol It was very niche in PvP, but I enjoyed it. Worked through the grates in keeps. My necro wears all proc sets because they will still work in the lag while blastbones goes on strike. Probably been hanging out with those ballistas who are too busy to fire (as if they had another function).
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    Just started a Necromancer for the first time last month. It's currently one of my favorite builds, but one thing I'd change about Shocking siphon so it's not useless in boss fights: Apply it to an active Skellie you made instead--this way you can decrease the summon time by 25% for the extra damage of Shocking Siphon. And the skellies will still move with you! That would be nice.

I supposed you could do the same with the healing siphon for wraiths too.

Then buff the "base" summon times by like 5 seconds for skellies and wraiths.

Edit: Adjusted my ability overhaul to be more balanced and to make more sense.
    Edited by Nihilr on January 11, 2023 10:04AM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is my primary but I just started leveling a Necro so I have a ec crow for trials and I gotta agree. Skull is very sub par for a spammable. Definitely could use a little love. Nothing too crazy but something to make it a bit more competitive.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just rework it all together. It’s so slow and sluggish.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It needs far more than a small buff. Either a total rework, or something fairly substantial added while also increasing the projectile speed. This last point is a must. The projectile is far too slow.

The animation could also use work. The fact that there's three separate animations for each stage makes weaving buggy
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necro Identity already has a self synergy; what if one morph had the Skull return to you after impacting an enemy for a new damage synergy? I know, sounds laggy, but imagine harmony for things other than bombs.
    One skull morph could add a heavy DoT (passives!), while the other had more burst potential.
    The skulls could travel even slower, like the Undaunted orb, and allow self-synergy with greater damage/burst.
    I hardly see skulls being used, there's potential to help the Necro class. Pun intended - skulls missed the mark - it would be great to see an improvement there.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree the necromancer skull throw does seem lackluster, a little on the slow side (but not as slow as the cliff racer wardens have)

i think the utility that necromancers brought to the team before u35 was empower, but since thats basically only for heavy attack builds now and most of those self build for that buff, it certainly doesnt make much sense, nor actually being helpful anymore

i like the suggestion that the skull applies some kind of dot on the 3rd cast (it could apply fire for mag morph or poison for stam morph)

i also agree with the sentiment that the pets are mostly garbage

the other thing i would say the necromancer needs work on is they have a class passive dedicated to buffing dots, but out of their class passive they have maybe 2 real dots, 1 of which is a dmg tether and the other is boneyard, all the dmg pets dont count as dots and count as direct dmg

the other major problem i have with necromancers is that their primary dmg skill, blastbones, cant trigger procs and is useless in a majority of scenarios (cyro examples being attacking from a keep wall, the blastbones cannot jump down), and i find the very slow spawn time and the hard lock on being able to summon another until the first explodes extremely annoying
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i agree the necromancer skull throw does seem lackluster, a little on the slow side (but not as slow as the cliff racer wardens have)

i think the utility that necromancers brought to the team before u35 was empower, but since thats basically only for heavy attack builds now and most of those self build for that buff, it certainly doesnt make much sense, nor actually being helpful anymore

i like the suggestion that the skull applies some kind of dot on the 3rd cast (it could apply fire for mag morph or poison for stam morph)

i also agree with the sentiment that the pets are mostly garbage

the other thing i would say the necromancer needs work on is they have a class passive dedicated to buffing dots, but out of their class passive they have maybe 2 real dots, 1 of which is a dmg tether and the other is boneyard, all the dmg pets dont count as dots and count as direct dmg

the other major problem i have with necromancers is that their primary dmg skill, blastbones, cant trigger procs and is useless in a majority of scenarios (cyro examples being attacking from a keep wall, the blastbones cannot jump down), and i find the very slow spawn time and the hard lock on being able to summon another until the first explodes extremely annoying

Necro's difficulty in proccing sets should also not be overlooked. They have to outsource ways to reliably proc sets or are forced to run one of the tethers to "reliably" do so. Both of their bread & butter abilities (ghost and blastbones) are not able to proc anything.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 24, 2023 9:11PM