Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Killing Yourself is a Solution to a Bug in Cyrodiil?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
A thread discussing being stuck in combat, preventing mounting up, in Cyrodiil was just closed because the issue was "resolved" according to the note.

Is killing yourself in the game a solution to a problem?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 24, 2023 4:28AM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A thread discussing being stuck in combat, preventing mounting up, in Cyrodiil was just closed because the issue was "resolved" according to the note.

Absolutely untrue, and death does not remove the stuck in combat bug in Cyrodiil. You can rez at a transitus or even at your base and still be unable to mount, open mail, etc.

Death is an easy way to port though, if you don't have any keep recall stones, or there's a queue and you can't port to IC and back to your campaign right away. Disable your safe fall CP and jump off the top of a keep, or into the slaughterfish.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue was resolved. The bug isn't fixed but players suggested possible work arounds until it is fixed. A Mod then asked if any of those solutions worked. The player with the problem said yes he was able to finally mount so the issue was resolved.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly @Jaraal is correct. I understand that it did not get this bad until Zenimax changed things concerning combat. We used to be able to swap skills and gear if we were "in combat" but had not actively engaged in combat or taken damage for a short period. Since it has been around for years, it seems Zenimax cannot find what changed in that patch that made this so bad.
    Edited by Amottica on January 21, 2023 6:16AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Absolutely untrue, and death does not remove the stuck in combat bug in Cyrodiil. You can rez at a transitus or even at your base and still be unable to mount, open mail, etc.

Death is an easy way to port though, if you don't have any keep recall stones, or there's a queue and you can't port to IC and back to your campaign right away. Disable your safe fall CP and jump off the top of a keep, or into the slaughterfish.
    One common tricks for getting the four skyshards hidden inside enemy inner wall is to ride to one, then go to the scroll temple and let the guards kill you. now port to one of the other 3 disconnected keeps and repeat.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, but often dying doesn't remove the stuck in combat bug either. Only sure ways to fix the bug are to log out or go to a delve, like Cheesemongers Hollow. I usually go to Cheesemongers Hollow when I get stuck in combat or forever debuffs. They don't call it Cheesemongers laundry service for nothin' ya know.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    The issue was resolved. The bug isn't fixed but players suggested possible work arounds until it is fixed. A Mod then asked if any of those solutions worked. The player with the problem said yes he was able to finally mount so the issue was resolved.

No, the stuck in combat issue most certainly is not resolved. It's still a major issue that happens very, very frequently.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, the stuck in combat issue most certainly is not resolved. It's still a major issue that happens very, very frequently.

It might be worth making a bug report.

before resorting to killing self to solve this bug or even cheesemongers, it's also worth dropping group if you are in one.
    Edited by Dr_Con on January 21, 2023 4:32PM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    When I have the bug, I always go to Uncle sheo cheese factory in the base and you are out of the bug.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because you can still be in combat after rezzing. Like the comment above says, I also go to the alliance base and enter Cheesemonger's Hollow, or you can also port to IC and than back to Cyro, and these will both take you out of combat. They kind of suck as solutions go, but something to be aware of.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sometimes and it seems to be a complex problem.
    Dying does not reliably get a player out of combat; it helps me more often than not. If the campaign is pop locked I try that before cheese mongers. Another thing we do (to remove several bugs) is to "crash out" the game.

Edited by Dojohoda on January 21, 2023 6:01PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only sure fire way I’ve found to avoid being stuck in combat is to NEVER leave a fight until either you or every opponent you’ve damaged is dead.

Being a healer complicates this a bit because you now have to ensure that every opponent of everyone you’ve healed is dead.

Hope this helps until ZOS pulls their head out and finally fixes this.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only resolution (since Cheesemongers doesn't always work) that I saw was the "kill yourself" one and that is why I asked. That does not seem like a true resolution so I wanted to know, but the thread was closed so I could not ask there.

Zoning to IC and back is not good in a pop-locked campaign, since that can leave you stuck waiting to get back in (just as going into a delve would). I wanted to know a solution that really fixed it and did not see the solution that would avoid the other problems, so I wanted to know if those radical workarounds were considered appropriate now. None seemed to solve the problem in reality and I want to know both what the solution is and the value of reporting bugs.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I stated the bug still exists. The issue was one player being stuck no matter what he tried. He is no longer stuck so for that specific thread the issue the player who started the thread was having has been resolved. He is no longer stuck.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not resolved.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug, it's a feature...
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not resolved.

Depends on what "it" is.

The in combat bug is not resolved.

That one player being stuck in combat has been resolved.

The thread Flopsy referred to was about getting out of combat, not about fixing the bug.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not resolved.

Depends on what "it" is.

The thread Flopsy referred to was about getting out of combat, not about fixing the bug.

Which is a bug. (Not sure if I am properly following the point, but the noted bug remains.)

I work on security flaws more now, but we don't stop discussing a flaw just because a single abuse case (how security flaws are properly named) is fixable. We keep the "bug" or "flaw" open until it is fixed.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on January 22, 2023 1:49AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not resolved.

Depends on what "it" is.

Which is a bug. (Not sure if I am properly following the point, but the noted bug remains.)

I work on security flaws more now, but we don't stop discussing a flaw just because a single abuse case (how security flaws are properly named) is fixable. We keep the "bug" or "flaw" open until it is fixed.

At this point there needs to be a fool proof debug option to get pulled out of combat since even if there is a fix people are still not going to believe it, since this issue has been around for years.

there needs to be a way for a user to pull themselves out of combat that has low abuse potential.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The solution should not require you to kill the guy you were in combat with in PvP. Sometimes you find a stalemate or realize that the other player has outmatched you. Sometimes you realize that guy is a unkillable tank and he is just tying you up at a resource while his buddies flag the keep. You should be able to disengage and after a certain period of time where you have not taken any damage, then you should be considered out of combat.

They need to recode it up that way.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭

The only resolution (since Cheesemongers doesn't always work) that I saw was the "kill yourself" one and that is why I asked. That does not seem like a true resolution so I wanted to know, but the thread was closed so I could not ask there.

That's weird, Uncle Sheo's Cheese ALWAYS works for me and for everyone else that has had the perma effect or the battle-bug. What exactly doesn't get cleansed when you're at Uncle Sheo's?
    Edited by Quackery on January 23, 2023 4:03AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not resolved.

Depends on what "it" is.

The thread was one player that didn't know the work around for getting out of combat. He was given the information he needed. It wasn't about fixing the bug it was about a work around until it is fixed.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheesemonger has always worked for me, but if Cyro is all pop-locked, you tend be stuck in an infinite que with no idea how long you'll be with Theo.

Haven't tried the ravage health idea, but I may make some potions to pop to experiment.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but the other thread is a very good example of how things work around here.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Cheesemonger has always worked for me, but if Cyro is all pop-locked, you tend be stuck in an infinite que with no idea how long you'll be with Theo.

Haven't tried the ravage health idea, but I may make some potions to pop to experiment.

This was what I meant when I said "doesn't always work". That and you have to go back to the main base for it. Who wants to have to queue into the campaign to clear a flag?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This long standing combat bug needs to fixed by ZOS. There are no good excuses.

Combat should end after 30 secs of doing no damage and no healing and not receiving damage.

Simple fix. Please get this fixed ASAP @ZOS_GinaBruno

No one should have to run all the way across Cyrodiil because of the combat bug.