The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FPS - help? Pretty please? :)

amixiamb14_ESO
I’m running a non-prebuilt ryzen 2700x with Cryorig H7 with RTX 3060 with 16g ram and 1TB SSD - housed in H500. Windows 11 - everything updated, and No bloatware. I AM running on a 1080p older Sony 55” TV so only 60hz. I’ve reduce to low settings and will get 60 FPS and then cloudrest will dump to 12 FPS. I can run ultra/maximum settings sitting at the crib with parse dummy, but as soon as a trial is underway, my FPS tanks no matter the settings.

I was thinking of upgrading to 5800x or 5950x? I’m at a loss and sad :(
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compatability issues?
  • amixiamb14_ESO
    wilykcat wrote: »
    Compatability issues?

Between current hardware or maybe a software/setting issue I may be missing?
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you have an RTX that means you have Nvidia card. Now you should have the Nvidia software in your notifications. Notifications in Windows 11 is in the lower right corner of your desktop, it has the arrow pointing up.

1. Right click on the Nvidia icon and you should have the Nvidia Control panel.

2. Look at the "manage 3D settings" and click on it.

3. Scroll down to the "Max Frame Rate" and set it for 100.

I did this on a 32in Komodo 1080P TV and it ran just fine for me. The games FPS dropped down to around 70-80 FPS during normal Cloud Rest trial.
  • amixiamb14_ESO
    Gotcha. Done. Thank you for the help. I was running NZXT Cam tool last night and CPU usage is like 3-4% and gpu is around 80% on max/ultra. I’ll test your trick out tonight. I really appreciate it!

madman65 wrote: »
    Since you have an RTX that means you have Nvidia card. Now you should have the Nvidia software in your notifications. Notifications in Windows 11 is in the lower right corner of your desktop, it has the arrow pointing up.

1. Right click on the Nvidia icon and you should have the Nvidia Control panel.

2. Look at the "manage 3D settings" and click on it.

3. Scroll down to the "Max Frame Rate" and set it for 100.

I did this on a 32in Komodo 1080P TV and it ran just fine for me. The games FPS dropped down to around 70-80 FPS during normal Cloud Rest trial.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @amixiamb14_ESO

Good luck with the troubleshooting suggested!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post