The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Explore Elsweyr's Warm Sands During The Season Of The Dragon Event

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
7c437qo6dh5j.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for, "Explore Elsweyr's Warm Sands During The Season Of The Dragon Event"

"Defend the home of the Khajiit from the Dragon threat and earn bonus rewards during this new in-game event!"
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No double loot?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No double loot?

That's what I was about to ask; I didn't see anything about double drops, even went CTRL+F "double" and nothing. I was hoping to go farm dungeons for double motifs.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we should get 2 Sunspire Senche mounts for a trifecta during the event. Or better yet, a multi-rider version :D
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Double Drops?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. Just wanted to note that I see your questions about double drops. I'll be checking on this now and hopefully get an answer soon.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    No double loot?

That's what I was about to ask; I didn't see anything about double drops, even went CTRL+F "double" and nothing. I was hoping to go farm dungeons for double motifs.

"Throughout the event, you can collect special Reward Boxes and benefit from increased drops to Daily Quests, Dungeons, and Trials throughout the regions of Northern and Southern Elsweyr."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we should get 2 Sunspire Senche mounts for a trifecta during the event. Or better yet, a multi-rider version :D

two+horses.jpg
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do any of the champion point system green tree slotables up the colored rewards to a higher color?
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m excited to finally get the Dawnwood Indrik! :love: I started ESO mid 2019 and this never had the opportunity.

Also, love Elsweyr, as it has a unique look and feel in Tamriel, and also was my introduction to ESO. :blush:
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. Just wanted to note that I see your questions about double drops. I'll be checking on this now and hopefully get an answer soon.

Will there be a new class.
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    Will "Jade-Crown Dragonslayer Helmet" and "Jade-Crown Dragonslayer Schoulder" be available again? In my overview they are greyed out so i can never reach 100%. If not, please feel free to remove it from the overview.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is "Dragon document recipe"?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

For an event? 🤔 No.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 21, 2023 6:42PM
  • Bjoerdr
    Bjoerdr
    ✭✭
    Hi,
    can you please make the "Dragon's Treasure Trove" from the Orginal Dargon Event "getable" ?

I mean this really nice house item :
    https://eso-hub.com/en/collectibles/dragons-treasure-trove
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will this event have any extra XP buff, e.g. from a drink like with the New Life Festival ?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a chapter promotion, so there won't be an XP bonus. That's for the real events.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin ..... Any Update on the clarification of "Double Drops" ?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

yes. just during the event, though.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

probably the document bag that drops from dragons...it can contain a recipe
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do any of the champion point system green tree slotables up the colored rewards to a higher color?

the treasure hunter does that for treasure chests
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 90% sure we're getting double drops. I think the copywriter may have just missed that.

We get double drops for every celebration event, and they also had them on the PTS testing version of this event:
    Event Testing – Season of the Dragon Celebration
    Those Dragons keep returning to your homeland! You know what to do. This event includes all of the year's content for the Season of the Dragon, including both the Elsweyr Chapter and the Dragonhold DLC as well as all four dungeons released as part of the year's story: Depths of Malatar, Frostvault, Moongrave Fane, and the Lair of Maarselok.
    • Pick up the introductory quest, “Bane of Dragons,” either for free in the Crown Store or from Captain Samara at the Impresario’s tent outside of Rimmen.
    • The first daily quest you complete in Northern Elsweyr or Southern Elsweyr rewards a Glorious Elsweyr Box. Subsequent dailies, as well as activities in the zones or linked dungeons, will award slightly lower quality Elsweyr Boxes.
    • These boxes can contain valuable treasures, style items or motif pages from the year-of storyline, Elsweyr-specific crafting materials (such as Dragon's Blood, Dragon's Rheum, or Dragon's Bile), treaure maps, furnishing recipes, or a tradeable style page for the new Claw Dancer armor style.
    • The first daily you complete in Northern Elsweyr will award you one Event Ticket. You can get a second Event Ticket for the first daily you complete in Southern Elsweyr as well, for a maximum of two Event Tickets per day per account.
    • These include dailies such as the Dragon-hunting quests.
    • Bosses and Dragons in both Elsweyrs, as well as bosses in Sunspire, Depths of Malatar, Frostvault, Moongrave Fane, and the Lair of Maarselok drop additional loot during this event.
    • As with other celebrations, resource nodes, daily quests, and other activities in the zones are more bountiful during the Season of the Dragon. Don't let the shadow of a Dragon's wings keep you indoors!
    • The Impresario will carry bound style pages of the Claw Dancer armor style for 5 tickets each. She will also have three fragments of the new Passion Dancer Blossom pet, the new base item for 2023's morphing collectibles themed around Dibella!
    • The Impresario will also carry the first fragment of the first morph, the Passion's Muse personality

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 90% sure we're getting double drops. I think the copywriter may have just missed that.

We get double drops for every celebration event, and they also had them on the PTS testing version of this event:
    Those Dragons keep returning to your homeland! You know what to do. This event includes all of the year's content for the Season of the Dragon, including both the Elsweyr Chapter and the Dragonhold DLC as well as all four dungeons released as part of the year's story: Depths of Malatar, Frostvault, Moongrave Fane, and the Lair of Maarselok.
    • Pick up the introductory quest, “Bane of Dragons,” either for free in the Crown Store or from Captain Samara at the Impresario’s tent outside of Rimmen.
    • The first daily quest you complete in Northern Elsweyr or Southern Elsweyr rewards a Glorious Elsweyr Box. Subsequent dailies, as well as activities in the zones or linked dungeons, will award slightly lower quality Elsweyr Boxes.
    • These boxes can contain valuable treasures, style items or motif pages from the year-of storyline, Elsweyr-specific crafting materials (such as Dragon's Blood, Dragon's Rheum, or Dragon's Bile), treaure maps, furnishing recipes, or a tradeable style page for the new Claw Dancer armor style.
    • The first daily you complete in Northern Elsweyr will award you one Event Ticket. You can get a second Event Ticket for the first daily you complete in Southern Elsweyr as well, for a maximum of two Event Tickets per day per account.
    • Bosses and Dragons in both Elsweyrs, as well as bosses in Sunspire, Depths of Malatar, Frostvault, Moongrave Fane, and the Lair of Maarselok drop additional loot during this event.
    • As with other celebrations, resource nodes, daily quests, and other activities in the zones are more bountiful during the Season of the Dragon. Don't let the shadow of a Dragon's wings keep you indoors!
    • The Impresario will carry bound style pages of the Claw Dancer armor style for 5 tickets each. She will also have three fragments of the new Passion Dancer Blossom pet, the new base item for 2023's morphing collectibles themed around Dibella!
    • The Impresario will also carry the first fragment of the first morph, the Passion's Muse personality

I already quoted it earlier in this post but the article for the event does mention this:

"Throughout the event, you can collect special Reward Boxes and benefit from increased drops to Daily Quests, Dungeons, and Trials throughout the regions of Northern and Southern Elsweyr."
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I already quoted it earlier in this post but the article for the event does mention this:

Yeah, it's just that a lot of people are latching on to the fact that it doesn't explicitly say "resource nodes" as one of the things that gives double drops. Despite that every Celebration event so far has included that.

As an example, the Skyrim event had a whole list of:
    In addition to all these reward box treasures, you’ll benefit from bonus loot dropped during the following activities:
    • Western Skyrim and the Reach daily quest rewards
    • Kyne's Aegis weekly quest
    • Harrowstorm world events
    • Harrowstorm and Stonethorn DLC dungeons: Icereach, Unhallowed Grave, Castle Thorn, and Stone Garden
    • World and delve bosses in Western Skyrim and the Reach
    • Kyne's Aegis trial
    • Vateshran Hollows arena
    • Crafting resource nodes
    But we didn't get something like this for the Elsweyr event.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on January 24, 2023 2:32PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, I wanted to clarify the drops here. After checking with the dev team, there will be the following:
    • Resource nodes in Northern and Southern Elsweyr have a higher yield than normal
    • Bosses, dragons, and dungeon/trial bosses in the Wrathstone and Scalebreaker dungeons/trial drop extra loot
    Staff Post
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, I wanted to clarify the drops here. After checking with the dev team, there will be the following:
    • Resource nodes in Northern and Southern Elsweyr have a higher yield than normal
    • Bosses, dragons, and dungeon/trial bosses in the Wrathstone and Scalebreaker dungeons/trial drop extra loot

But is it double drops on bosses, dragons and the specified dungeon and trial bosses? I mean, I assume so since that’s always been the case but it would be nice to have confirmation because this vague wording could mean we get an extra white treasure.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »

But is it double drops on bosses, dragons and the specified dungeon and trial bosses? I mean, I assume so since that’s always been the case but it would be nice to have confirmation because this vague wording could mean we get an extra white treasure.

It's just me, but I feel like one of the main reasons they go with the more vague wording is because if they came out and said "double drops," there would absolutely be a few people putting in complaints like "EXCUSE ME I ONLY GOT 159875 ANCESTOR SILK FROM 24184 NODES INSTEAD OF THE 193472 I SHOULD HAVE GOT SO DOUBLE DROPS AREN'T WORKING RIGHT!!1!11!!"

We all know it's double. I'm sure if someone wanted to list it all out, they may notice they only got like 93% extra instead of 100% extra, but most of us know that that's just RNG rounding errors. But you know that there will be people who will complain if they promise double and they get only 93% extra.

And again, based on every other celebration event they've ever run, the bosses will drop double loot. Sure, the bosses have chances of different loot and qualities (it's not technically 'double loot' if they drop a purple Darloc Brae belt and a green Crafty Alfiq shoes since those are different things in different qualities, but we recognize it as two things which could drop from that same boss). I'm sure it's just written vaguely because "you will get two drops from the corresponding loot table instead of one" is a lot more words than "double loot," and it also leads to the problem that we already have people who don't understand the loot tables (i.e. people who complain that curation isn't working because the first boss of Fungal I isn't dropping the weapons they still need from the stickerbook).
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »

It's just me, but I feel like one of the main reasons they go with the more vague wording is because if they came out and said "double drops," there would absolutely be a few people putting in complaints like "EXCUSE ME I ONLY GOT 159875 ANCESTOR SILK FROM 24184 NODES INSTEAD OF THE 193472 I SHOULD HAVE GOT SO DOUBLE DROPS AREN'T WORKING RIGHT!!1!11!!"

We all know it's double. I'm sure if someone wanted to list it all out, they may notice they only got like 93% extra instead of 100% extra, but most of us know that that's just RNG rounding errors. But you know that there will be people who will complain if they promise double and they get only 93% extra.

And again, based on every other celebration event they've ever run, the bosses will drop double loot. Sure, the bosses have chances of different loot and qualities (it's not technically 'double loot' if they drop a purple Darloc Brae belt and a green Crafty Alfiq shoes since those are different things in different qualities, but we recognize it as two things which could drop from that same boss). I'm sure it's just written vaguely because "you will get two drops from the corresponding loot table instead of one" is a lot more words than "double loot," and it also leads to the problem that we already have people who don't understand the loot tables (i.e. people who complain that curation isn't working because the first boss of Fungal I isn't dropping the weapons they still need from the stickerbook).

You’re probably right, someone would complain if it’s not 100% double and I also understand a blanket statement is shorter to write. However, I also see how many questions are being asked. And with the past six months in mind, I don’t think it would be a bad idea for ZOS to put a little bit more effort into clear communication and transparency.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

probably the document bag that drops from dragons...it can contain a recipe
    What level are these normally? Is it common to get purple recipes in these bags ?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event doesn’t just have increased drops, it also has increased lag. Didn’t see that in the announcement…
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    The lag is extra gift, probably because of the "free to play time" exactly at the time of the event (was that scheduled?). Connection crashes...
    At the same time extra announcements, of the (scary?) green new DLC, and pre- purchases (scary "pizza horse" btw)...
    Drops can be told extra just for having 1 or 2 itens for crafting bag or a treasure of 20 cent.
    I won't continue in the event...
    Probably won't buy the DLC, and already thinking (since High Isle), in drop the ESO plus signature.

Kind Regards,Akasha Mei