Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current demand for chromium plating

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Usually the costs of upgrade materials rise after a patch that shifts the meta as people are upgrading new sets. But what could be driving the current demand for chromium platings? For a long time, pricing above 350k would mean it sits there for a while, but now they are being snatched up at 450k! (Same guild and trader location)
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chromium plating is the rarest gold upgrade matt in the game. As such, it will have the biggest price swings when people are changing gear in mass. Those that get on it early get the lower (still expensive) chromium, and those that are slow getting what they need to upgrade new gear are going to pay dearly for that slow reaction.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Chromium plating is the rarest gold upgrade matt in the game. As such, it will have the biggest price swings when people are changing gear in mass. Those that get on it early get the lower (still expensive) chromium, and those that are slow getting what they need to upgrade new gear are going to pay dearly for that slow reaction.

Yes, that’s true, but what could be driving the current demand (on PC NA, I should add)? As far as I know, it had remained relatively stable for weeks, if not months, and just now jumped up.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Yes, that’s true, but what could be driving the current demand (on PC NA, I should add)? As far as I know, it had remained relatively stable for weeks, if not months, and just now jumped up.

Expectation since there is a reveal following a new DLC hitting the PTS. People expect something in their gear will change.

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrome plates go around 70-75k now on xbox . blue and green plates have gotten cheaper --- the only one the price goes up on is purple plates.

• ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Farming for these materials is horrible because of how many you need to create one plating. I just stop at purple now. Game is losing its fun on all aspects of play.
    For the Empire
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    I just stop at purple now.

I think one reason so many upgrade jewelry from purple to gold is due to the bloodthirsty trait. The jump from purple to gold is noticeable. With the upcoming changes in U37, this jump will become much smaller so staying with purple should be perfectly fine (it is fine now, but not if you want the added performance).