The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Burning Status Effects for 49000 Days!

ZharaX
ZharaX
✭✭✭
Last year when the Whitestrake events was running I did notice the exact same thing.... Having this Burning effect running for like 49000+ days is pretty annoying!
Don't say it is a feature or some useless thing that is supposed to be like this.

You can't do jack with this one on, no mount because you're in battle, only way to clear is thru a Delve enter/exit or Cyrodiil exit.

Anyone know what could be causing this, and please no... let'st it not be the way it's working
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 29, 2022 3:20AM
The picture on the wall is chaotic.
I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, have seen that and other effects that get messed up in Cryodiil .. you have to leave and come back to clear it .. if you go into that red glowing circle at the home base where you learn to use the hammer .. you won't leave Cryodiil and have to re-queue ..
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    49,710 is a 64 bit integer stack overflow. They have known about it for years.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

And what did they do in all those years?
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a PVP problem, its not high priority :D:D:D:D but aye, its annoying, even when you get 2x burning, 1x Streak fatigue, 1x posion and 1x vulnerability

AT least let me have a cold fire burning effect I can have on me 24/7, I want to burn blue flames
    Edited by Jamie_Aubrey on July 29, 2022 2:20AM
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »

You already know the answer to that.

My guess is that they don’t actually know how to fix it. It’s such an obvious bug that reflects poorly on the coding, so one would assume they would fix it if they could.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They watched a whole lotta PVPrs BURN !

If I was at home I'd post a pic from a few MYMs back, I had Standard chains debuff, burning & some other debuff I can't remember all at the same time for 4years. I'm pretty sure it's just a UI error & the debuffs aren't actually active. It made my character look pretty cool though... running around wrapped in burning chains :D
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a PVP problem, its not high priority :D:D:D:D but aye, its annoying, even when you get 2x burning, 1x Streak fatigue, 1x posion and 1x vulnerability

AT least let me have a cold fire burning effect I can have on me 24/7, I want to burn blue flames

I've had a cold fire glitch on my character before, I burned with blue flames for hours! It actually got a little annoying after a while, though, cuz I could hear the flames flickering the whole time, lol.

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »

They watched a whole lotta PVPrs BURN !

If I was at home I'd post a pic from a few MYMs back, I had Standard chains debuff, burning & some other debuff I can't remember all at the same time for 4years. I'm pretty sure it's just a UI error & the debuffs aren't actually active. It made my character look pretty cool though... running around wrapped in burning chains :D

It depends on the debuff, as some actually do affect you until you zone. And there's no consistency, as sometimes you can see the status effects actually working against you, and other times they seem to be just a text UI error.

Edited by Jaraal on July 29, 2022 8:11AM
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    today i got 5 x 49170 days of burning bug /cheat / error ? in PVP
    and it happens 3 or 4 times every week
    this bug runs for years now
    any patch/fix in the future ?
    thanks

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's odd that they're using a 64 bit integer to track/control status effect durations. It's overkill.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390