Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Uncover the Future of ESO During The Developer_Direct & Global Reveal Livestreams!

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the room guys and gurls. Exploration as an argument for a $40 Chapter is not enough anymore. Even ZOS seems to have realized this.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Solstheim might be the right size the Chapter Plan starting this year. My impression is that they want to dial back on "quest" stuff, and that introduces the possibility of smaller zones, or less to do in them.

I know they want to reduce non-repeatable quest content, but if they don't only remove the usual Q4 story dlc (which was half the size of the big chapters if we go by quest numbers) but also reduce the main chapter's story content to a bigger extent, that would be a really bad idea, I think. In fact, they've already been doing that over the years. Morrowind/Vvardenfell had almost 70 quests, in Greymoor that was reduced to barely 55, in Blackwood it were only 45, High Isle about 50 (Galen as the Q4 dlc has 24) - and repeatables are already included there. In 2020 they said they're sorry they have to reduce content because the pandemic makes their work much more complicated, but they'll return to the old quality and scope when things turn back to normal... And now they talk about reducing it even more.

I understand that people aren't here just for the story and lore and that there are people who don't care for the stories and lore at all. But a lot of players do. And I don't think it's wise to offer them less and less, probably for the same prize. The removal of the Q4 story dlc alone is already a decrease of story content by a third.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're going to assume that there are any hints here about what's to come, I'll point out that the use of the word "uncover" seems like a pointed choice. I'm not sure what it points to, but I think "discover" or just "find out" would be more natural. Coupled with the image having a buried ruins vibe, it might be...something. Any thoughts?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    If we're going to assume that there are any hints here about what's to come, I'll point out that the use of the word "uncover" seems like a pointed choice. I'm not sure what it points to, but I think "discover" or just "find out" would be more natural. Coupled with the image having a buried ruins vibe, it might be...something. Any thoughts?

I mean... I don't want to read too much into this, but Spellcrafting as shown back in 2014 was about hidden rooms in delves, where you would have to go to find new recipes, materials or whatever to craft new spells.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I mean... I don't want to read too much into this, but Spellcrafting as shown back in 2014 was about hidden rooms in delves, where you would have to go to find new recipes, materials or whatever to craft new spells.

There is no doubt that Spellcrafting would be a "tentpole" they could add to the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will just be more quest related special delve instances like when Lyranth took you through the ambitions quests.
    I'd be down for that
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right. They have a tendency to do that. The reveal stream of 2022 was announced with "A Storm Rises Over Tamriel during ESO’s Upcoming Global Reveal Show", the stream of 2021 with "Destruction Comes to Tamriel During ESO’s 2021 Global Reveal Event!"
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

You're right. They have a tendency to do that. The reveal stream of 2022 was announced with "A Storm Rises Over Tamriel during ESO’s Upcoming Global Reveal Show", the stream of 2021 with "Destruction Comes to Tamriel During ESO’s 2021 Global Reveal Event!"

Have you noticed how few people seem to be talking about hints? I am just not feeling the hype. Marketing had best get on the ball and start paying some streamers to talk about this game or no one is going to notice this announcement until after it happens.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've done this to themselves. No amount of marketing can reverse player dread at their patch/update announcements.

We no longer ask, what fun new thing is coming and now ask, [snip] is getting nerfed/broken/removed this time.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 17, 2023 11:25AM
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Have you noticed how few people seem to be talking about hints? I am just not feeling the hype. Marketing had best get on the ball and start paying some streamers to talk about this game or no one is going to notice this announcement until after it happens.

I think the card game last year burned so many players that most of them are just anxious and dreading the announcement.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, last year was subpar. And not allowing "rumors, datamined content, or otherwise unofficial, unreleased information" in the forums anymore probably also doesn't help.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Letter sent to Lotus of Doom, and others, reposted here with his permission.

Unsure exactly who the letter is addressed to...
    Proxy,

The tide of fate swirls around you with glorious fury and has chosen you to serve as its surrogate in a crisis most perilous. The future of at least two worlds hangs in the balance. Your talent for changing destiny has been noticed, hence the reason for this letter.

Many paths lead forward, but only one ends with the survival of Nirn. At this particular moment, in this specific instance, you must be the thread that keeps reality itself from unraveling.

I shall summon you as soon as the inescapable fortunes of consequence show me where we are headed most.

Leramil the Wise

Edit: Under black light, the letter shows the sigil of Hermaeus Mora

Edited by Elsonso on January 18, 2023 3:18AM
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    Proxy,
    The tide of fate swirls around you with glorious fury and has chosen you to serve as its surrogate in a crisis most perilous.
    The future of at least two worlds hangs in the balance. Your talent for changing destiny has been noticed, hence the reason for this letter.
    Many paths lead forward, but only one ends with the survival of Nirn. At this particular moment, in this specific instance, you must be the thread that keeps reality from unravelling.

I shall summon you as soon as the inescapable fortunes of consequence show me where we are needed most.

Leramil the Wise
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a subtle hint that youtubers and other community leaders must promote the game at this critical stage to prevent the end of Nirn? They can change the destiny of the game by their influence on the community. They can keep the ESO world going. :p
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a subtle hint that youtubers and other community leaders must promote the game at this critical stage to prevent the end of Nirn? They can change the destiny of the game by their influence on the community. They can keep the ESO world going. :p

Heh. They do this every year. They spend a portion of the marketing budget on something that they send to their streamer friends so they can hype the game for them.

I almost didn't post the text above when I saw this happening, again. They don't send that sort of stuff to normal people, but streamers don't hang out here and so it would take time for that information to get to the forum.

FYI: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/625630/letters-being-sent-out-to-streamers-in-advance-of-the-reveal
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...bring back the drumbeat of War.

Where is our epic destruction?

What of Cyrodiil? We need more, something new - Open the center, Connect the bridges, (make them drawbridges - pvpers love bridge fights >:)) add NPC chaos in the center, add large Alliance-wide EMP buffs that benefit non-pvpers who contribute to their Alliance War effort.

Give us a massive platform tower in the center to fight to the top or something....

Recode the map, no one uses grass - bring in the overland team.

Edited by StihlReign on January 18, 2023 2:22PM
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    ...bring back the drumbeat of War.

Where is our epic destruction?

What of Cyrodiil? We need more, something new - Open the center, Connect the bridges, (make them drawbridges - pvpers love bridge fights >:)) add NPC chaos in the center, add large Alliance-wide EMP buffs that benefit non-pvpers who contribute to their Alliance War effort.

Give us a massive platform tower in the center to fight to the top or something....

Recode the map, no one uses grass - bring in the overland team.

I love this comment so much - it reminds me how i used to feel seeing so much potential in ESO, but now having had my soul shattered in a pool of unbreakable dork convergence i know that we're going to get a game of marbles in 2023 - and cyro will lag even worse
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this comment so much - it reminds me how i used to feel seeing so much potential in ESO, but now having had my soul shattered in a pool of unbreakable dork convergence i know that we're going to get a game of marbles in 2023 - and cyro will lag even worse

I think we are going to get a game of tag with children.

/s

I'm being sarcastic, but it does click all the buttons (most requested, found in other video games, tent-pole/tie-in merchandise). Search for children in this forum and there are multiple pages of threads. And playing tag with children was in a previous Elder Scrolls game (Skyrim). ZOS could offer additional children as house guests in the Crown Store.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »

/s

I'm being sarcastic, but it does click all the buttons (most requested, found in other video games, tent-pole/tie-in merchandise). Search for children in this forum and there are multiple pages of threads. And playing tag with children was in a previous Elder Scrolls game (Skyrim). ZOS could offer additional children as house guests in the Crown Store.

There are repeatedly comments that from the perspective of realism and logic, it's strange that there are no children anywhere. Few people would also like to have companion marriage plus child adoption for their roleplaying. But I never had the impression that it was "most requested", and I'm not really sure if it's a "tentpole system" either, as it's not really a big new activity that can be added on continously.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »

/s

There are repeatedly comments that from the perspective of realism and logic, it's strange that there are no children anywhere. Few people would also like to have companion marriage plus child adoption for their roleplaying. But I never had the impression that it was "most requested", and I'm not really sure if it's a "tentpole system" either, as it's not really a big new activity that can be added on continously.

I believe they were joking. It’s hardly most requested and would hardly add anything and certainly isn’t any kind of new system. I have absolutely no objection to children being in the game as there are in GW2, but it’s not going to draw people to a game or make a difference in people playing or not. Sure, it would be realistic and people in ESO obviously have children, but I just assume they’re out of sight like the commodes. :tongue:
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how the people who are actually building this game feel like when they have to read the announcements of the marketing department... I guess i know how the people who have to do the streams feel, because i can see it in their faces.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it would be easier to feel positive about the game.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »
    I wonder how the people who are actually building this game feel like when they have to read the announcements of the marketing department... I guess i know how the people who have to do the streams feel, because i can see it in their faces.

Well, hopefully this year will be different. I did enjoy the Blackwood trailer and reveal.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want neither kids nor spellcrafting... I just ant to be a sload... is that too much to ask???? They have the sprotes for it... I don't care if I can't mount or fit anyhere... It would be fun

;-D
    Edited by blktauna on January 19, 2023 11:31PM
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, it would be realistic and people in ESO obviously have children, but I just assume they’re out of sight like the commodes. :tongue:

I assume they're behind all those closed doors. Which makes sense considering Tamriel is currently endangered by Daedric plots, dark anchors, vampires and harrowstorms, dragons, plagues and whatnot (and it won't get any better) ;)
    blktauna wrote: »
    I want neither kids nor spellcrafting... I just ant to be a sload... is that too much to ask???? They have the sprotes for it... I don't care if I can't mount or fit anyhere... It would be fun ;-D

Would you accept the consequences of no one being willing to talk to you and people either fleeing or attacking on sight?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this happen to Necros? It happens to my vampires, and my assassins....

I think it would be a riot, if slightly inconvenient at times.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Doesn't this happen to Necros? It happens to my vampires, and my assassins....
    I think it would be a riot, if slightly inconvenient at times.

With necros only if they use certain abilities in public, same does for assassinating people of course, otherwise npcs aren't bothered. Vampirism on the highest stage makes npcs not want to trade with a character anymore, with a few exceptions, but they also don't attack on sight.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    Will the global reveal be the only time to get the emote? Or will it be possible to get them in subsequent community streams over the weekend?