Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Mount While In Combat

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Same game sessions as my PvP kick out.

Back in....I was able to use my mount twice. For the last hour, I have been 'stuck in combat' and there is NO combat.
I am effectively trapped at a keep because I cannot ride. And running there....no thanks.

Help?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 20, 2023 2:25PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Port to one of the gate keeps. Run up the stairs and jump off the highest part of the keep over and over until you die, then rez at the keep. Be sure to tell people not to heal you.

Going inside of cheesemongers also fixes that but, you can get trapped there for a bit if your faction is poplocked.

Edited to add another one: Port to a keep with a resource that is owned by an enemy faction. Run to it and let the guards kill you. Then rez where you can.

It's sad but if you are stuck in combat that long, you have to either die or zone out of Cyrodiil via cheesemonger or a delve. Zoning is risky when poplocked as mentioned above.
    Edited by Dojohoda on January 15, 2023 8:16AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dojohoda Wow...that is insane...to get out of combat!

Cheesemongers....I will be visiting...

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the way you can't "mount in combat" is stupid anyway. Once you have gone out of range of any possible enemy attack for a few ticks you should be able to mount. You can get chased half way across the map in open world and you are still "in combat". I can open doors if I haven't been hit for several ticks by enemies but it takes 45 seconds to mount? Come on that's not remotely realistic.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on January 15, 2023 9:54PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be nice to add to the QOL fixes.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the way you can't "mount in combat" is stupid anyway. Once you have gone out of range of any possible enemy attack for a few ticks you should be able to mount. You can get chased half way across the map in open world and you are still "in combat". I can open doors if I haven't been hit for several ticks by enemies but it takes 45 seconds to mount? Come on that's not remotely realistic.

For starters, it should work like doors. Honestly.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Zama666

Were you able to get out of combat with the suggestions posted above?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Zama666

Yes, but is quite a lot of work for that....I get it....client server differences....
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zama666

Rather than having to purposely die or enter Cheesemonger's, could we maybe get a Dev response on why we are stuck in combat for so long? We were told some 3 years back that it was no easy fix, but that they would be working on a solution. But here we are. Three years later. And some of these quality of life fixes would go a long way to making the pvp community happier.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is even more ironic is that some places you can attack a mob (with a bow or range magic shot)and the mob resets before getting close enough to contact me.

Sometimes you can't stay in combat, when you want to, and sometimes you can't get out.

No one mentioned the door in Wayrest Sewers that can become a block!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suicide pots are your best friend.

If you get stuck in walls, stairs or fights all the time, it's the easiest way to get out. Without ending up in a queue.

It's good if you want to get rid of the hammer too. Or if you are a sweaty hammer nerd who wants to time his death for a necro resurrection ultimate of his friends before the hammer disappears.

There are a couple of different recipes but i am using this one when i want the pain to end: Essence of Ravage Health (ravage health, ravage stamina, creeping ravage health) - Emetic Russula, Fleshfly Larva, Nightshade.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zama666

This has been an issue for 3+ years. It is often crippling to the PVP experience - I have undoubtedly spend well over 100 hours running on foot from keep to keep because I'm permanently stuck in combat. The number one culprit is the "ball groups" that remain in combat without ever dying indefinitely. You will notice that if you interact with an opposing group by attacking them, then you leave and try to mount, you'll more or less remain stuck in combat unless that group happens to entirely wipe.

I really wish zenimax would just write a line of code that says "If you haven't had a combat interaction with other players in the past 30 seconds, you exit combat". It seems like it would be such a simple fix to a problem that has plagued us for years. If I haven't healed, dealt damage to, or distributed a buff/debuff to another player in the past 30 seconds, I should exit combat.
    Edited by React on January 19, 2023 8:06PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has managed to resolve their mount issue, we will go ahead and close the thread from further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.