The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Keybind more than one potion?

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
Might there be an addon that would allow me to keybind more than one potion? Currently, i have a healing potion bound, but would also like to have another bound to another key.
Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greymind Quickslot bar comes in my mind
    Provides a bar instead of a wheel and you can assign different keys like F1 to F10 for the slots to select teh potions.
    BUT: Addons cannot enable the potion then, you always need to "use" the potion via your normal quickslot key afterwards!

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info258-GreymindQuickSlotBar.html
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Greymind Quickslot bar comes in my mind
    Provides a bar instead of a wheel and you can assign different keys like F1 to F10 for the slots to select teh potions.
    BUT: Addons cannot enable the potion then, you always need to "use" the potion via your normal quickslot key afterwards!

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info258-GreymindQuickSlotBar.html
    Agreed, I've used that addon for a few years now. Its main drawback is it only works for the main quickslot wheels, it's not updated to handle the other quickslot wheels, and its author has indicated he will probably never do that update.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just installed this... have no idea how to get it to work. find it very, very confusing :( even the instructions arent helpful at all.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i just installed this... have no idea how to get it to work. find it very, very confusing :( even the instructions arent helpful at all.
    Go to Settings | Controls, and there's a new section in the list of keybinds for the Greymind Quickslot Bar. What I did myself was assign F1 to F8 to the 8 slots, then when you use one of these keys the quickslot bar (normally displayed at the bottom centre of the screen, but it can be moved) will highlight the slot corresponding to the key you pressed. You then press Q (or whatever your normal Quickslot key is) to activate the item. Hope that helps ?
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, in the end, you're pressing an additional key to get the quick slot to work? Am i understanding that correctly?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, in the end, you're pressing an additional key to get the quick slot to work? Am i understanding that correctly?
    Yes, but it's probably still easier than using the quickslot wheel without an addon. To use it without the addon, you have to hold down the quickslot key (e.g. Q), then move the mouse over to the item you want, then release Q. This addon makes it easier (in my opinion, because you can just press one of your quickslot item bound keys and then the quickslot key, leaving your mouse free for other actions.

The addon also shows you which quickslot wheel item is currently selected, something the standard GUI doesn't do.
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 19, 2023 9:36PM
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ugh... thanks for the clarification and help and all, but i hate the quickslot thing in game, and this addon too apparently. i am wishing to have less keys to worry about pushing in the middle of dying :(

Makes me desperately wish how things were done in WoW. You had an action bar.. could put whatever you wanted in it, one mouse click away.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in my first answer already:
    Addons CANNOT bind any key to direct usage of the quickslots or potions. It would be "boting" if done) which is against the TOS.
    So alla ddons can do is provide you the easing of the wheel by providing you dedicated key to switch the wheel index (like Greymind does with a flat bar instead of the wheel) and you need to still activaet it via the default keybind for quickslots.

For me this is WAY easier to press F5 to select a stamina potion instead of having to use that wheel, open it, move around to stamina potion and that all in middle of the fight!
    It's just F5 -> Q
    or F1 -> for a health potion.

If you feel having the mouse and that wheel todo this is easier, then there won't be any addon helping you I fear 8as described above). There ever will only be 1 key to "use" a quickslot item, no matter which one is actually "selected".
    Addons can only assist by "selecting" the quickslots.

FCO StarveStop e.g. provides a helper to automatically select your food buf from quickslots AND also provides a "brain" for the last used potion (in fight, out of fight) so it will automatically switch to the quickslot depending on your zone (trial, dungeon, overland, pvp) and status (in fight, out of fight).
    Maybe this can help you.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ugh... thanks for the clarification and help and all, but i hate the quickslot thing in game, and this addon too apparently. i am wishing to have less keys to worry about pushing in the middle of dying :(

Makes me desperately wish how things were done in WoW. You had an action bar.. could put whatever you wanted in it, one mouse click away.

In general you have two, or maybe three things to worry about:

- Food, which is infrequent so it is just a convenience to have it on the bar. Though you might wish to have a different food type available for specific circumstances. In any case, the idea is to enter a fight fully fed:)

- Survival potion, if you think it's a tough fight then make your survival potion active before you start.

- Buff potion, if you're going to use them then make it active before going into action.

Then at most all you should need to do in battle is swap between potions. If you link potions to F1, F2, etc. and food to F8, F7, ... then it is incredibly easy to switch between potions - they are literally under your fingers just above the Q to use them

I have four potions slotted in F1 to F4, then in F5 either a fifth (invisibility) or sigil of retreat (if in IC), scrying in F6, two foods in F7 and F8.

And swap in mudballs if I feel they are essential ;)