The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO Live: January 20 @ 4pm EST- Voice Actor Steve French and Paul Guyet

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
okrdzp6itkj9.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for, "ESO Live: January 20 @ 4pm EST- Voice Actor Steve French and Paul Guyet"

"Watch as Community Managers Gina Bruno and Jessica Folsom are joined by the voice actors behind Mehrunes Dagon and the Ascendant Lord!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 23, 2023 4:32PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi @ZOS_Kevin -

*Tune into Twitch.tv/Bethesda this Friday, January 20 at 4pm EST, as ....*

Were we not getting GMT time zones in announcements?

PLease :smile:
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deter1UK
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    hi @ZOS_Kevin -
    Were we not getting GMT time zones in announcements?
    The announcement for the Developer Direct and ESO Global Reveal sessions on January 25 (NOT the same date as the ESO Live on January 20) has GMT info in the key graphic at the start of the original announcement article here:
    https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63467

So it looks like ZOS is listing GMT times for the important stuff - maybe just not the "fluff" sessions? In any case, ESO live is going to be at 9pm GMT. It's easy enough to figure out.

Edit: updated to remove foot from mouth and clarify that the upcoming ESO live is a different twitch stream than the Global Reveal.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on January 18, 2023 7:55PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to note that we normally put the time based on where the studio is. So for us, we use EST/EDT/ET timezones. However, I'll pass this feedback on GMT usage to the powers that be for future consideration.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    So it looks like ZOS is listing GMT times for the important stuff - maybe just not the "fluff" sessions? In any case, ESO live is going to be at 9pm GMT. It's easy enough to figure out.

Edit: updated to remove foot from mouth and clarify that the upcoming ESO live is a different twitch stream than the Global Reveal.

Yes I can work it out lol but Gina posted in September

ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. That post was written in haste but we can absolutely include UTC in future messaging (and will even edit the existing one for clarity).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter

So I just thought I'd help them to remember to :smile:

Thanks @ZOS_Kevin for your reply also.
    Edited by Deter1UK on January 18, 2023 9:13PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to note that we normally put the time based on where the studio is. So for us, we use EST/EDT/ET timezones. However, I'll pass this feedback on GMT usage to the powers that be for future consideration.

We have repeatedly asked you (as in ZOS) to do this and you have said you will. ESO is international with a lot of players outside the US, it makes sense to also add the times for events, streams etc in UTC.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on January 20, 2023 12:57AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    in defense of @ZOS_Kevin (to me seems like game site itself and forum are operated by different teams)

Announcements exist in corresponding time zone for language - when at post itself click upper left corner to change language.

English International GMT https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/63483
    DE, FR and ES in CET https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/de/news/post/63483
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to politely request that the “Mehrunes Dagon and the Ascendant Lord at the DMV” segment be cut out and reposted on all of the Elder Scrolls social media channels. That was hilarious! :D
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally awesome! Very interesting to learn more about what goes into the craft of voice acting and also super entertaining, had me laughing out loud! :lol: Thank you!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 20, 2023 10:27PM
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely. It was the most entertaining stream I have seen.

Very well done to all concerned!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DMV improvised scene was hilarious! Thanks to everyone for a great episode! :smile:
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't finished last year's storyline!
    You might want to hold off on this video.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

A GLOBAL playerbase. It's about what's best for the PLAYERS not the studio lol.