The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time for a 2nd Alliance Locked Camp?

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
Gray Host is nearly always population locked in the afternoons and evenings for me. 50+ queues with sometimes over an hour wait to get in and play. Usually about 15 minutes before the first crash sends me back to the desktop and I have to re-queue to get back in.

Is it time for a new Alliance Locked Campaign?
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously! The queue is way over 100 players, and the wait is nearly 2 hours to get in to Gray Host on NA
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was even bad getting into blackreach tonight. Think its time to either add one, or do something different with the no-proc that people are not playing. Or maybe mack the no-proc, no-CP the ideal place for sub-50 and get rid of the sub-50 for another fully equipped campaign or one that actually matches battle grounds

Or. Or...the crazy idea of just trying to balance one rule set everyone understands and has the information on what they can do, for all of PvP and have 3 of them and battlegrounds with symmetry.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should go the other way. They should remove some of the other campaigns, just leave CP and No CP campaigns, and focus on bringing back 24 man groups and raising the population caps for the campaigns.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I queued up at 6:40pm yesterday to go to the Gray Host / Alliance Locked campaign. The queue at that time was 119. By 8:30, the queue was at 29. I finally got into the campaign at 9:05pm and was able to play.

• SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Well, I queued up at 6:40pm yesterday to go to the Gray Host / Alliance Locked campaign. The queue at that time was 119. By 8:30, the queue was at 29. I finally got into the campaign at 9:05pm and was able to play.

The population cap was over 400 at one time just a few years ago. Now the pop cap is right about 80/faction. That's why the queue is so long.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be removing the locks, if anything. It's such an unnecessary inconvenience.

They'll probably never do away with it though, as it helps sell alliance changes.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    They should be removing the locks, if anything. It's such an unnecessary inconvenience.

They'll probably never do away with it though, as it helps sell alliance changes.

This. And it seems that many were saying Cyrodiil PvP had been killed off.

And no changes should occur before the server work is completed. If it works the pop cap can be raised.

• biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA the two cp enabled campaigns are the most populated, with Greyhost by far the preferred campaign.

The no cp seems to never have more than one population bar on all factions. The no proc rule is my guess as to why this is so.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this talk about queues gives me hope. Gray Host on Playstation EU has been empty since August 2022. Sometimes there is 1 bar red. Gray Host has been unplayable since the maintenance in the middle of the PvP event. They broke the main campaign and never told us what's going on. People moved to Blackreach or started to level up chars on Playstation NA. Or they just finally quit playing ESO. Blackreach is pretty empty too. Cyrodiil on Playstation EU is empty and boring. It would be nice if they could finally do something about the catastrophic performance and all the bugs in this game. I mean, instead of just announcing something all the time, maybe actually do something that helps. Yeah, that would be great. I am sick of waiting another year, every year, just to hear "please wait another year"...