Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can companions heal other companions?

Cireous
Cireous
✭✭✭✭✭
Specifically, while ungrouped in the Overland. Can/will they single target heal other peoples companions? I think I've seen the AOE heals work, but not sure about the single target heals. Has anyone tested this? Was trying, but it just gets so chaotic at WWBs and WBs, making it difficult to observe the companions actions.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2023 6:33PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but with very specific abilities. Possibly Isobel's Holy Ground and Restoration Staff Mending Incantation (still requires player to walk in front). Anything that requires an actual target will only target themselves or players, other targets like pets and other companions are ignored.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on January 16, 2023 4:11AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but with very specific abilities. Possibly Isobel's Holy Ground and Restoration Staff Mending Incantation (still requires player to walk in front). Anything that requires an actual target will only target themselves or players, other targets like pets and other companions are ignored.

Good to know, that Mirri thinks of me first.

Now, how can I get Naryu to be my companion.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to heal companions that are not your own then slot Echoing Vigor, Blessing of Protection, Healing Ritual, Cleansing Ritual, or Fungal Growth. As far as I know these have no target restrictions and if you have a bunch of companions and pets packed together, not in your party, they will get healed.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to heal companions that are not your own then slot Echoing Vigor, Blessing of Protection, Healing Ritual, Cleansing Ritual, or Fungal Growth. As far as I know these have no target restrictions and if you have a bunch of companions and pets packed together, not in your party, they will get healed.
    Ah, that's what I feared. No single-target companion-to-companion healing. Bummer. I guess it's back to compulsively ressing everyone's under-geared companions every 30 seconds in Overland fights. Man, they die so quick... lol. Thank you for the info.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know the best gear set up for Isobel and healing? I currently only have 1 very expensive epic Heavy Vigorous set I share between all my companions, no matter what their build is. However, I'm tired of sharing, it's inconvenient, but there's no way I'm going to shell out a stupid amount of gold for more Heavy Vigorous sets (thanks again to the guy that buys all of these items out, assuring their unaffordability, only to put them back on the traders for millions, you're a champ :| ).

So, is it two quickened and the rest healing, for healing set ups? All light? Is there much survivability with that?

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, do you know the best gear set up for Isobel and healing?

I can't say what the best way to make her healing, but I have a personal preference. I go all out Quickened in every slot and use a two-handed weapon so she stays close to melee range. Blessed Sacrament, Sunder, Beam of Reproach, Sun Brand, and Holy Ground. This gives her 3 healing effects and 2 damage over time effects. If you want to go all out healing, go with Crimson Font and Ritual of Salvation. While Ritual of Salvation is not a healing spell its damage reduction effect applies to everyone standing inside it not just herself with Solar Ward, it's also more reactive when dealing with unexpected damage.

More in-depth information can be found here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/620245/
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, do you know the best gear set up for Isobel and healing?

I can't say what the best way to make her healing, but I have a personal preference. I go all out Quickened in every slot and use a two-handed weapon so she stays close to melee range. Blessed Sacrament, Sunder, Beam of Reproach, Sun Brand, and Holy Ground. This gives her 3 healing effects and 2 damage over time effects. If you want to go all out healing, go with Crimson Font and Ritual of Salvation. While Ritual of Salvation is not a healing spell its damage reduction effect applies to everyone standing inside it not just herself with Solar Ward, it's also more reactive when dealing with unexpected damage.

More in-depth information can be found here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/620245/
    Very interesting. I appreciate you sharing all of this. Quickened does seems like it would be a lot more useful---was considering this today. Do you use light, medium or heavy for this companion? I'm gonna have to look up those skills when I log back in. Keeping her in melee is an interesting strategy. With her resto staff, I'm always having to stop her mid-combat to pull her back into range, as she rolls off into no-where-vile, and then command her back into battle. I have to do it so much, it gets kind of tedious.