Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "Beauty Blossoms As A New Morphing Event Collectible Arrives In 2023!"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
84syl4awowzv.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for, "Beauty Blossoms As A New Morphing Event Collectible Arrives In 2023!"

"Marvel at this year’s morphing collectible, the Passion Dancer Blossom pet!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 12, 2023 4:37PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay, new personalities are always welcome as event (or any other ocassion) prize. If you have many different characters, new personality can give a lot flavour and uniqueness for each of them.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BARDS ARE COMING!!!!!!!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new personality will always have me showing up for events. Just in case you're wondering, ZOS. ;P
  • x99KungFuTacosx
    x99KungFuTacosx
    ✭✭✭
    So the "pet" is just a floating plant? That's fine, whatever. We've gotten plenty of free pets lately. I'm excited to see what the personality is like.

Please make the mount something other than a re-skinned quasigriff this year. Those things are some of the worst-looking mounts in the game.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    BARDS ARE COMING!!!!!!!

But a bard personality was already released last year, wouldn't that have been a hint if there was a bard class coming, if that's what you're talking about?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to be the one who spoils the fun, but I personally (and I know I'm not the only one) am wondering about the direction where this is going. The art, the style, I mean. Of course, I know that Dibella is part of the lore for a long time already, and I assume that some of this year's rewards might be by-products of last year's druid theme. But: Both the floating flower and the personality are (or were?) already on PTS. The personality looks extremely exaggerated, unnatural, like a complete caricature. Not sure if I'm allowed to link it here, but there's a Youtube video that shows it (personality demonstration starts at 1:30):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfMg9PkUxH0

Honestly, who walks like this? Of course, some people will find it funny and use it on their characters, and that's okay. Not much different than the jester personality, although there's one point: The "jester walk" is supposed to be funny, while this new thing is not presented as a caricature. It doesn't say "parody of a snobbish lady". And yeah, this makes me wonder, especially after last year's very straightforward and cliché writing (especially when it comes to characters): Are interesting, nuanced characters still part of the concept, or are you completely going for one-dimensional caricatures now?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww...I'm disappointed by the walk. I was hoping we'd finally get a feminine personality that was less over the top than the duchess.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I don't want to be the one who spoils the fun, but I personally (and I know I'm not the only one) am wondering about the direction where this is going. The art, the style, I mean. Of course, I know that Dibella is part of the lore for a long time already, and I assume that some of this year's rewards might be by-products of last year's druid theme. But: Both the floating flower and the personality are (or were?) already on PTS. The personality looks extremely exaggerated, unnatural, like a complete caricature. Not sure if I'm allowed to link it here, but there's a Youtube video that shows it (personality demonstration starts at 1:30):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfMg9PkUxH0

Honestly, who walks like this? Of course, some people will find it funny and use it on their characters, and that's okay. Not much different than the jester personality, although there's one point: The "jester walk" is supposed to be funny, while this new thing is not presented as a caricature. It doesn't say "parody of a snobbish lady". And yeah, this makes me wonder, especially after last year's very straightforward and cliché writing (especially when it comes to characters): Are interesting, nuanced characters still part of the concept, or are you completely going for one-dimensional caricatures now?

It looks terrible, guess we'll see it on the 1 million orcs in pink dresses soon.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... that's not encouraging.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    Aww...I'm disappointed by the walk. I was hoping we'd finally get a feminine personality that was less over the top than the duchess.

Yeah, it fills a niche that already exists. I also noticed the idle animation had a clipping problem on the character I used on PTS (their hands went into their stomach), I hope that was fixed but I guess will maybe find out.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, they don't tell us the end game. The 4Q transformation is usually the important one that lets people know if it is worth the time and effort to invest in this thing. The floating flower and another over-the-top acting for a personality are not encouraging, though.

Edit: I wonder what color Power Ranger we will get in 3Q. My guess is green.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 13, 2023 2:01PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2021, didn’t some players complain about the Deadlands Firewalker personality, that it didn’t loop the doom emote on idle or something? Now I love the Deadlands Firewalker personality for NOT being over-the-top and having an in-your-face idle (the assassin dagger flipping could be cool if it wasn’t sooo frequent and immediate IMO).

It would really be awesome if there was some adjustment/customization available in personalities, even a slider from “subtle” to “caricature” or something! Otherwise, I just have to hope we get more personalities like Brassy Assassin, Deadlands Firewalker, and Tevinter Magister in the future!
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to plant that nirnroot, I mean pet, in my garden :relieved:
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »

I always look at pets from a housing perspective.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2021, didn’t some players complain about the Deadlands Firewalker personality, that it didn’t loop the doom emote on idle or something? Now I love the Deadlands Firewalker personality for NOT being over-the-top and having an in-your-face idle (the assassin dagger flipping could be cool if it wasn’t sooo frequent and immediate IMO).

It would really be awesome if there was some adjustment/customization available in personalities, even a slider from “subtle” to “caricature” or something! Otherwise, I just have to hope we get more personalities like Brassy Assassin, Deadlands Firewalker, and Tevinter Magister in the future!

I loved the Deadlands Firewalker personality because it was subtle. I love this personality because it's over the top. I like a variety when it comes to personalities. (Totally agree about the assassin dagger flip, though!)

But yeah, I would love to be able to adjust the intensity of each personality, or even mix-and-match elements of the personalities you own.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    BARDS ARE COMING!!!!!!!

Please, no! :neutral:
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dibella? Ugh :/
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh. Blech! (The "pet")
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »

It will float around though, I think? In case I'm doing the event quests anyway (this year's rewards aren't really an incentive), I'll probably put it in a terrarium or something like that, as a magical curiosity. The personality, on the other hand...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire