The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for a StamSorc Build - Post U35

CGPsaint
CGPsaint
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm trying to get back into PvP and am looking for a new build for my StamSorc. Anyone have a build for rolling solo in Gray Host? Doesn't have to be meta and stickerbook is pretty full, including all perfected arena weapons.
"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most important thing is Maras balm(I know surprising but stamsorc healing is trash without it). Double bar it
    1x backbar 5x set, like clever alchemist.
    1x vateshran perfected maul.
    1x magma
    1x malacath/or sea serpent's coil.

your standard skill layout, make sure to include haunting curse and crystal weapon.
    If you can land the curse + crystal weapon+ dizzying swing into a DB it should be pretty good burst

That being said, there are to many plars with templar beam running around that make stamsorc not fun to play right now. Why zos decided to buff an undodgeable auto tracking execute skill like that I have no idea.
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on January 13, 2023 11:28PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes as cheesey as maras balm is I concur that I goes nicely on a stamsorc. I used maras balm with quick cloak on a DW stamsorc and survival was easy.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Play NB
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jokes aside run what @Alchimiste1 suggested. As long as you build into survivability you can solo on stamsorc. Don't expect to deal as much damage as other classes though when you do go that route. Stamsorc's been left behind for a long time buff wise.

Another option is to go 80% tank and kill people by timing 4 burst abilities together. Individually, your burst will not do a lot of damage, but when combined you can still kill plenty of squishies in Cyrodiil. Slot a spammable, Crystal Weapon, Curse, and Bound Armaments. Go for at least 40k HP, 28k resist, and 2.5k crit resist. Go ranged for that matter too so you can ignore regen and spam Energy Overload for resources. I run sub 800 regen in that setup and still feel like I have too much sustain.
    Edited by StaticWave on January 14, 2023 2:54AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For example this is a build I would probably try if I had the mythic:

ngo8x1kkcqz6.png

xb71erzvltcd.png

x4p7459dl1pa.png

Stats are self buffed (CP included) without Continuous passive. Daedric Trickery buffs aren't active.

I normally run Essence Thief instead of Clever Alchemist, but that's what I'd try if I had Sea Serpent.
    Edited by StaticWave on January 14, 2023 3:10AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what I'm currently using:

88ivnxjcp8hp.png

x6wl9ig4ugwh.png

3l92fg9i8r6z.png

I'd swap DDF with Sea Serpent if I had the latter mythic. Everything self-buffed obviously.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you to everyone for taking the time to respond. There is a lot of great information and suggestions here that I will be digesting so that I can get my StamSorc back up and running!
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dekrypted wrote: »
    Im flattered to be tagged honestly haha

While I typically ride solo, my setups tend to feel nice surfing zergs and not being 100% useless in bgs.

On my bowsorc, I've currently built into crit chance and crit damage.

As of this patch mine has orders wrath front bar, 5pc gourmand's, 1pc trainee and back bar of Vateshran greatsword.

Greatsword is for rally as sorc has terribad healing and I can make it work for the most part. The others who have posted their setups arguably may be more towards your liking especially given the stats they've displayed, but I've personally always enjoyed the way I play it. In an effort not to plug my own video, I'll send you a PM of it in a battlegrounds match against some lower tier and mid tier players.

Dek has markyn as the last piece here if I recall correctly
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden