The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New gathering animation prevents Heartwood

harvey07
harvey07
✭✭✭
i activated the new gathering customizable action (which i was super excited that i got) and i noticed no heartwood (i use farming buddy to track a few items). i figured just my rng....it kept going for almost two days...so i was like 'what did i do differently to gathering?" so, i deactivated the custom gathering and the very next wood node dropped heartwood. i then reactivated it...nothing for a while. i took it back off again.....heartwood started showing up.

i do not know the 'number magic' behind the scenes and even if that customizable action could mess with anything but i feel those two are definitely related. i put in a bug report via game ticket but was curious if i was the only one? i could just be completely insane and the rng really really hated me for days...but i do not believe in coincidences.
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have the customizable action for gathering and I've noticed I've not gotten any heartwood, but only since the New Life Festival event started. I have so far chalked this up to just bad RNG for me, but I did notice it. I don't use any addons for gathering, etc.

EDIT for new info - I just got 3 heartwood from a wood node. I'm going with RNG then in my case. I can't speak to the customizable action (and that only affects plant gathering as in Alchemical mats, yes?).
    Edited by Mithgil on December 16, 2022 11:22PM
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mithgil wrote: »
    I don't have the customizable action for gathering and I've noticed I've not gotten any heartwood, but only since the New Life Festival event started. I have so far chalked this up to just bad RNG for me, but I did notice it. I don't use any addons for gathering, etc.

EDIT for new info - I just got 3 heartwood from a wood node. I'm going with RNG then in my case. I can't speak to the customizable action (and that only affects plant gathering as in Alchemical mats, yes?).

i believe it is for plant gathering, but its possible it could affect other things

i saw another thread today about there being potential issues with the alternate wayshrine teleport causing the scaling wayshrine cost for quickly porting multiple times to not actually scale up, so while it is just altering an animation i wouldnt put it past to end up affecting something else lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • RawBrightSilver
    I use the new green falcon animation for plant gathering, and I have still managed to get some heartwood from wood harvesting.

Must be just bad RNG.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    First you are unlucky with hearthwood, second someone could be before you and just taking hearthwood from the node.
    Absolutely normal for selfish less understanding individuals who will never understand that they are supposed to take the whole nod or the whole chest. Because if he picks up only something, it stays there until someone other picks up rest.
    I saw it many time even from person with ESO+ ...
    Edited by davidtk on December 17, 2022 12:01PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    First you are unlucky with hearthwood, second someone could be before you and just taking hearthwood from the node.
    Absolutely normal for selfish less understanding individuals who will never understand that they are supposed to take the whole nod or the whole chest. Because if he picks up only something, it stays there until someone other picks up rest.
    I saw it many time even from person with ESO+ ...

Chests and nodes will respawn even if left partially unlooted. It’s obnoxious because it tricks other players into thinking they’re getting an unlooted chest or node, but it doesn’t prevent them from respawning until emptied.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Chests and nodes will respawn even if left partially unlooted. It’s obnoxious because it tricks other players into thinking they’re getting an unlooted chest or node, but it doesn’t prevent them from respawning until emptied.

It's annoying, especially when one comes to Ruby Ash wood and pulls out maple... (verified with low lvl char in group). So what will one do? Will he wait until node ever respawns or will he pick up by half looted?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »

It's annoying, especially when one comes to Ruby Ash wood and pulls out maple... (verified with low lvl char in group). So what will one do? Will he wait until node ever respawns or will he pick up by half looted?

if it is not fully looted, its like ~10 min timer before it despawns, and then theres a timer of roughly ~2-5 min before it respawns

so if you loot everything, that single chest cycle is about 5-6 min, if you partially loot, and nobody else picks up the loot it puts the new chest spawn at ~15-16 min
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made some testings with and without that falcon harvesting...
    For me, same RND chances for heartwood with and without.
    But i have harvester what picking both lvl1 and lvl10 nodes... So my chances are lower.
    if it is not fully looted, its like ~10 min timer before it despawns, and then theres a timer of roughly ~2-5 min before it respawns

so if you loot everything, that single chest cycle is about 5-6 min, if you partially loot, and nobody else picks up the loot it puts the new chest spawn at ~15-16 min

Ahh Thank you very much, I never figure out the timers of chests :)
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    i did some farming with the falcon i got with endeavors, i see no difference with nodes that use the animation and not use in relation to the chance drops. Heartwood, mundane, regulus, etc all drop normally. Bast still drops with falcon on cloth nodes. As for getting low quality item like maple, if your character is 160 CP and your node skill is at 50, you will get the top item each time. If either is not maxed you have a chance of getting a node item to match your character level or node skill level. The only problem I see with the gather falcon is the animation is not consistent with the CP gather skill. Master gatherer should have the animation much quicker and it doesn't, hopefully ZOS will fix this soon.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »
    ... The only problem I see with the gather falcon is the animation is not consistent with the CP gather skill. Master gatherer should have the animation much quicker and it doesn't, hopefully ZOS will fix this soon.
    Ah I am glad that someone else see that difference in the speed of gathering with and without too! I thought that is only my problem :)
    athena9205 wrote: »
    ...if your character is 160 CP and your node skill is at 50, you will get the top item each time. If either is not maxed you have a chance of getting a node item to match your character level or node skill level...
    Node skill you mean for example blacksmithing "Metalworking" under Cratf skill tree? Because if you have:
    Character on CP160
    Blacksmith on lvl50
    but "Metalworking 1/10" you will get 50:50 Iron and Rubedite. If you will invest skill points into rising this passive, you will rise the lowest materials what you will get from the node. 2/10 steel etc... 10/10 Rubedite.
    I do daily crafts with 11 toons but only two are maxed for crafting. Rest have passives at 1/10 so my harvester must have lowered passives too because I need low lvl mats for dailies...
    Edited by davidtk on January 14, 2023 6:29PM