The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purposed changes to Mara's balm

TheHeroCat
TheHeroCat
✭✭✭
2pc: 1478 armor
3pc: 1478 armor
4pc: 4% healing taken
5pc: When a negative effect is applied to you, you heal for 1200 hp every 2 seconds. for every additional negative effect, you heal an extra 580 hp up to 7000 hp.

I think the real problem with this set is the cleansing effect. the cleansing effect is too passive and it alleviates to much pressure. This proposed change will alleviate pressure while giving way to pressure build that relies on stacking negative effects. Furthermore, this change will make the fight feel more like a tug of war rather then a reset button that does not have to be pressed.

tell me what you think buds, I'm eager to hear your thoughts and criticism. 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐 <3
Edited by TheHeroCat on January 13, 2023 8:00PM
  • TheHeroCat
    TheHeroCat
    ✭✭✭
    :)
    Edited by TheHeroCat on January 13, 2023 6:13PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purge is so good I don't even slot extended ritual on my pvp plar anymore
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that maras balm needs a nerf but I think this goes too far. I had to check a website to remind myself of the base value... It's basically 1600, capable of happening every second. Your proposed change makes it only 25% as effective.

And I do appreciate how, with your idea, the heal gets bigger the more negative effects you have. I think this is a perfect way to change the mechanic and a fair way to dispense with the purge. I just honestly think your starting number is too low. Make the heal start at 1200 I think and your idea is a winner.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs the line of crit resist. It's a PVP set for PVPers, and giving PVP sets PVP stats is the smallest of olive branches.
  • TheHeroCat
    TheHeroCat
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I agree that maras balm needs a nerf but I think this goes too far. I had to check a website to remind myself of the base value... It's basically 1600, capable of happening every second. Your proposed change makes it only 25% as effective.

And I do appreciate how, with your idea, the heal gets bigger the more negative effects you have. I think this is a perfect way to change the mechanic and a fair way to dispense with the purge. I just honestly think your starting number is too low. Make the heal start at 1200 I think and your idea is a winner.

yeah thats a good point. do you think since the heal would start at 1200 the cap should also be raised to something like 7000 hps? and then go up by 580?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a numbers guy I just like spitballing ideas. I think capping it at 4k was a decent spitball. 7k feels too much to me.

Then again you have it ticking every 2 seconds instead of every 1, so let's maybe make it 5k and call it good? That way it still competes with similar sets like Robes of the Hist.

It could go up 400 per negative effect or 580 I'm not sure I have much to say about that-- that's a question for the number guys.

I just feel like since you're removing the purge and burst heal completely you need to leave the remaining half some strength. But I'm still a fan of the idea.