Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

How to disable F5 for visitors?

CountonMe
CountonMe
✭✭✭
I dont want my visitors hitting F5 and browsing my furnishings. Is there a way to turn that off?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as i know, no there is no way to disable that, i think even the "limited visitor" can still open that menu

the only real way is to disallow ALL visitors, which i know is likely counter to what you are trying to do lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, why not?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

they didnt add a way to when they implemented that system lol

ive seen a lot of complaints about this feature from guilds that tried to host events like scavenger/item hunts because anyone could just open the retrieve menu now and search and locate the item in question (which is probably why the OP was asking if they could disable it lol)

realistically i think limited visitor should probably disable this, like it disables interactivity with furnishings
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I shudder to think someone is walking around with that on the whole time because of the way it distorts the visuals with the white outlines.

Also, someone could remake the custom items ppl work carefully to make.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shudder to think someone is walking around with that on the whole time because of the way it distorts the visuals with the white outlines.

a visitor can only move items if they are listed as a "decorator" (the retrieve list was originally only available to this role)

the retrieve list that visitor/limited visitor can use is "read only" so items cannot be moved

normal "visitor" role allows the visitor to interact with furnishings, such as using crafting tables, turning on/off lights or music boxes, etc (they cannot move an item to a different location though)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

a visitor can only move items if they are listed as a "decorator" (the retrieve list was originally only available to this role)

the retrieve list that visitor/limited visitor can use is "read only" so items cannot be moved

normal "visitor" role allows the visitor to interact with furnishings, such as using crafting tables, turning on/off lights or music boxes, etc (they cannot move an item to a different location though)

I think you misunderstood my post. Ppl can see what furns were used to make custom items, take a few screenies, go recreate that item in their build.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ive seen a lot of complaints about this feature from guilds that tried to host events like scavenger/item hunts because anyone could just open the retrieve menu now and search and locate the item in question (which is probably why the OP was asking if they could disable it lol)

realistically i think limited visitor should probably disable this, like it disables interactivity with furnishings

Yes, exactly. I came here to complain about this very thing for the same reason. I'd like it to be independent of the visitor settings so that people can still open and shut door furnishings. ZOS, if you implement the ability to disable the inspection tool, please don't forget consoles!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, exactly. I came here to complain about this very thing for the same reason. I'd like it to be independent of the visitor settings so that people can still open and shut door furnishings. ZOS, if you implement the ability to disable the inspection tool, please don't forget consoles!

I agree it should be independent of the visitor settings. Wanting a player to be able to open the door (or not wanting them to interact with fake doors or lights) doesn't have much to do with a player's willingness to share their furniture list.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you misunderstood my post. Ppl can see what furns were used to make custom items, take a few screenies, go recreate that item in their build.

Mh, if you don't want this, only allow ppl into your home that you trust.

Personally I don't mind if people copy my "inventions". Copying is a sort of acknowledgement.