The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bow vs. Destro Staff

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
For PvP and PVE I am finding a staff much easier to use because it auto aims.
This way I can just keep heavy attacking and restoring resources...but with a bow...it is a miss fest....

Will this ever get balanced?

Or am I missing a secret to bows?

Tanks,

Z
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow and staff have the same targeting type/auto aim/projectile homing, the target just has to be in range and targeted when the shot is released, and if they do not dodge-roll it, it will hit
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wdym? It works exactly the same.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He might be talking about a resto or lightning staff? Heavy attacks with those really are easier.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    He might be talking about a resto or lightning staff? Heavy attacks with those really are easier.

Yeah, with a lightning staff you could just hold left mouse button without a target directly in front initially, then spin a direction and automatically capture the first tick of heavy attack the exact millisecond when a target is in sight. After that you can keep on spinning or face some other direction and the rest of the attack goes through and hits everything in the vicinity of the first target.

So with a lightning staff heavy attack build not only can you tie a brick over the left mouse button, but you could set it sideways over a treadmill and do AFK DPS on everything in a 28 meter radius
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, Lightning staff.

Feels like I don't have to aim...and it also hits right away unlike a bow shot for heavy attacks...

Heavy attack bow - it seems I have to aim it in PvP more...or is it just me...