Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Uncover the Future of ESO During The Developer_Direct & Global Reveal Livestreams!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
851reymozcfb.jpg
Discover the future of The Elder Scrolls Online with two amazing back-to-back livestreams: The Developer_Direct and 2023 ESO Global Reveal.

Save the date for the Developer_Direct, presented by Xbox and Bethesda, and 2023 ESO Global Reveal streaming live to Twitch on January 25 at 3pm EST.

We can’t wait to show you what’s in store for ESO this year! For more information, check out the article linked here*.

*hint, something about a twitch drop is mentioned in the article.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 25, 2023 4:49PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That room reminds me of the Spellcrafting demo shortly after release, where you had to find these hidden rooms throughout Tamriel to collect tablet pieces ...

Or it's just wishful thinking. Can't really make out the tapestries.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'maps' behind the Argonian are the three types of Hakoshae banners
    Hakoshae-Banners-Festival-Superior-1.jpg

Additionally the lore text for the Ritual Casting emote is
    Exhibit your mastery of magical manifestations! Looks magnificent, yes? But what does the ritual do? Oh, that's up to you, of course.
    Which may be a hint/ suggestion of the new system?? Or may be irrelevant.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 11, 2023 4:00PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin you don't show up in dev tracker. Anyway to get that to show up as thats often the primary spot to look
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    I believe the three new maps behind the Ritual casting argonian are new assets, I don't believe I have seen them before.
    image.png

From the maps I can really only make out two 'key' features.
    1. There is water to the South (Presuming the maps are north oriented)
    2. There are both grassy/ rocky areas along with snowy peaks

The only place I can think of which fits those two areas would be Solstheim 534px-BM-place-Solstheim.jpg

Now there have been the voice lines suggesting the
    Telvanni Peninsula
    So potentially both areas could be added? They are connected enough. Or, they added a red herring like they did with Lyris Titanborn saying she would be going to Skingrad, and instead the chapter was set in Blackwood. I.e. Same region, wrong specifics, so as to not get peoples hopes up etc.

Another thing worth mentioning is the Argonian is wearing the Blackreach Vanguard outfit style, which supports the connection Solstheim has to Skyrim.

Exhibit your mastery of magical manifestations! Looks magnificent, yes? But what does the ritual do? Oh, that's up to you, of course.

Spellcraft
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't those Hakoshae banners?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hakoshae_Banner,_Blue

And the green stuff isn't a map, it's just dirt. Look at the vines on the wall.
    Edited by Syldras on January 11, 2023 3:51PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the three new maps behind the Ritual casting argonian are new assets, I don't believe I have seen them before.
    image.png

From the maps I can really only make out two 'key' features.
    1. There is water to the South (Presuming the maps are north oriented)
    2. There are both grassy/ rocky areas along with snowy peaks

The only place I can think of which fits those two areas would be Solstheim 534px-BM-place-Solstheim.jpg

Now there have been the voice lines suggesting the
    Telvanni Peninsula
    So potentially both areas could be added? They are connected enough. Or, they added a red herring like they did with Lyris Titanborn saying she would be going to Skingrad, and instead the chapter was set in Blackwood. I.e. Same region, wrong specifics, so as to not get peoples hopes up etc.

Another thing worth mentioning is the Argonian is wearing the Blackreach Vanguard outfit style, which supports the connection Solstheim has to Skyrim.

Spellcraft

Yeah the ritual casting emote seems kind of on the nose, but we have been fooled before.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Ah, yes:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hakoshae_Banner,_Blue

And the green stuff isn't a map, it's just dirt. Look at the vines on the wall.

Yeah, they are all the three types of Hakoshae Banner's but that is a crazy amount of green dirt. Especially stuff growing over the banners rather than behind them.
    Hakoshae-Banners-Festival-Superior-1.jpg
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 11, 2023 4:01PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if
    Yeah, they are all the three types of Hakoshae Banner's but that is a crazy amount of green dirt.

Well, if a whole wall is overgrown with vines and moss, that is quite possible.
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Yeah the ritual casting emote seems kind of on the nose, but we have been fooled before.

It may be a hint, but I too wouldn't be too sure about it.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That room reminds me of the Spellcrafting demo shortly after release, where you had to find these hidden rooms throughout Tamriel to collect tablet pieces ...

Or it's just wishful thinking. Can't really make out the tapestries.

Wishful thinking. We had this exact same discussion when they had the Elsweyr tablet in the promo stuff and everybody was expecting that it has something to do with Spellcrafting. Hint: it did not.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Wishful thinking. We had this exact same discussion when they had the Elsweyr tablet in the promo stuff and everybody was expecting that it has something to do with Spellcrafting. Hint: it did not.

The emote might be a hint on magic playing a bigger role in this chapter in general (which would make sense, if it's Telvanni Peninsula, for example). A hint on spellcrafting? Well, conjuration is one type of magic, but where's the crafting aspect? And people doing rituals and conjuring whatever isn't exactly anything new in ESO either.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

The emote might be a hint on magic playing a bigger role in this chapter in general (which would make sense, if it's Telvanni Peninsula, for example). A hint on spellcrafting? Well, conjuration is one type of magic, but where's the crafting aspect? And people doing rituals and conjuring whatever isn't exactly anything new in ESO either.

I just don’t want people to get their hopes up just to be let down again. Remember all the discussion about naval combat or ships right before the High Isle announcement? I do. And we know how that went.

I think Spellcrating is the only thing that can revitalize ESOs stale and boring combat. It‘s my dream feature since they showed it on QuakeCon 8 years ago. But I was let down so many times by ZOS that I just can’t keep my hopes up. Not after Blackwood and High Isle.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @TechMaybeHic Thanks for the heads up on the Dev Tracker. I thought I added the tag, but I guess not. Added now.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leyawiin trunk, jewelry box, moldy or mossy Hakoshae banners. Picture is just random stuff to throw us off... :|

Orrr we're going to combine Murkmire, Elsweyr, and Blackwood into a giant zone using that emote!? :o
    /s
    Edited by alternatelder on January 11, 2023 4:35PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leyawiin trunk, jewelry box, moldy or mossy Hakoshae banners. Picture is just random stuff to throw us off... :|

Orrr we're going to combine Murkmire, Elsweyr, and Blackwood into a giant zone using that emote!? :o
    /s

Topal Island? :D
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

Topal Island? :D

:D I really wanted this lot, but Argonian themed garbage shacks in Grahtwood... :|
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not Solsteim! I’ve had more than enough of Nords and remakes of Oblivion and Skyrim stuff! :persevere: I hope we’re going to the Telvanni peninsula, Falinestri, or Hammerfell! Or the rest of Elsweyr or even Pyandonea or Akavir! Most of those I don’t expect but more Oblivion or Skyrim territory would be a disappointment to me.

I’m glad we have a date to look forward to now! :smiley:
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Studio Director Matt Firor will unveil 2023’s major Chapter update, including the latest regions of Tamriel to become playable in ESO, as well as a major new feature coming in the game’s biggest update this year. The Developer_Direct will be immediately followed by the full, standalone ESO Chapter Reveal Event, hosted by Zenimax Online Studios, which will provide all the in-depth details ESO players will be keen to know.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/7KozYhth7cAfhvimV4YObE/xbox-bethesda-developer_direct-livestream-january-25?utm_source=Community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=8600264229&linkId=196837381
    Edited by LaerothKeykalyn on January 11, 2023 6:22PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I, for one, don't believe there are any clues in the art. They probably put together a quick backdrop using various existing assets (and those are definitely Hakoshae banners) to create a spooky ritual vibe. As for the emote, probably something they've already had in the pan for a while that they decided to give away as incentive to watch the stream. . .

And I will. I'm a sucker for sparkly purple stuff!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love purple sparkly stuff too!

I sure hope it is NOT spellcraft. The nightmare of balancing that on a non single player game is nightmarish.

Honestly I expect some Oblivion or Skyrim related thing because that's what gets returned to when the playerbase gets tired of the lack of fixes. The hope is we'll be distracted.
    Edited by blktauna on January 12, 2023 2:49AM
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not Solsteim! I’ve had more than enough of Nords and remakes of Oblivion and Skyrim stuff! :persevere: I hope we’re going to the Telvanni peninsula, Falinestri, or Hammerfell! Or the rest of Elsweyr or even Pyandonea or Akavir! Most of those I don’t expect but more Oblivion or Skyrim territory would be a disappointment to me.

I’m glad we have a date to look forward to now! :smiley:

Before Oblivion and Skyrim, Solsteim was introduced in TES3 Morrowind and brought us Werewolves. I think it could be fun and maybe be part of filling in more of Vvardenfell?
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before Oblivion and Skyrim, Solsteim was introduced in TES3 Morrowind and brought us Werewolves. I think it could be fun and maybe be part of filling in more of Vvardenfell?

Solstheim as a whole chapter? Isn't the map a bit small? Before they announced that there won't be smaller story dlcs in Q4 anymore, I thought Solstheim would be perfect for that.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellcraft
    Spellcrafting = Balance crafting for us, players. We will be able to ignore the patch notes and all the balance changes & craft our own skills. Cloaking sorc that can streak ? Sure ! Streaking NB that can cloak ? Yep ! Or maybe DK with Corrosive that can have decent gap closer / mobilty ? Yep !

^ At least this is what I am worried about and why I think spell crafting is a bad idea. People just don't know what they are asking for. It is imho a "Pandora box". Imagine on top of having to grind for a best gear and mythic, also having to grind for the best spells,... just to be competitive & have equall chances... :#

Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 12, 2023 1:04PM
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spellcraft
    Spellcrafting = Balance crafting for us, players. We will be able to ignore the patch notes and all the balance changes & craft our own skills. Cloaking sorc that can streak ? Sure ! Streaking NB that can cloak ? Yep ! Or maybe DK with Corrosive that can have decent gap closer / mobilty ? Yep !

^ At least this is what I am worried about and why I think spell crafting is a bad idea. People just don't know what they are asking for. It is imho a "Pandora box". Imagine on top of having to grind for a best gear and mythic, also having to grind for the best spells,... just to be competitive & have equall chances... :#

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solstheim as a whole chapter? Isn't the map a bit small? Before they announced that there won't be smaller story dlcs in Q4 anymore, I thought Solstheim would be perfect for that.

Solstheim might be the right size the Chapter Plan starting this year. My impression is that they want to dial back on "quest" stuff, and that introduces the possibility of smaller zones, or less to do in them.

People say "Telvanni Penninsula" but what if that is too big and they do another "Sheogorad Region" and just leave out a chunk of it?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spellcraft

Spellcrafting was in the works during beta. It was not a mix and match grab bag of existing class skills. It was more like generic skill creation and worked similar to enchanting. So you might find a "heal sigil" and mix it with an "AoE sigil" and " a DoT sigil" and now you have an area heal over time. But if you had a "single target sigil" instead of an "AoE sigil", you got a single target heal over time. A "fire sigil" instead of a "heal sigil", now you have AoE fire damage over time.

I think spellcrafting would be a lot easier to balance than people think. But also a lot less powerful and exciting than people think. It would have a lot more in common with enchanting and potions and poisons and their fairly generic effects.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's speculating on the big feature. All I care about is where I'll be sightseeing next.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit just hopes one of his next new friends is a Shadowscale Argonian necromancer. Would be a tragic ball-drop if they passed up on this opportunity.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the new feature isn't Spellcrafting, which I desperately want, I'm still pretty stoked about the ritual emote.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Everyone's speculating on the big feature. All I care about is where I'll be sightseeing next.

^ This

I have done the quests and exploring in both High Isle and Galen, and I liked both the writing and the scenery.

I still have not done the last big feature (card game / Tales of Tribute).

Also not excited about the two new companions we will probably get, with each one a different race than the four we already have. I have four fully leveled companions, setup as tank, healer, range dps, melee dps, and I do not need any more companions.