Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Casual ToT while waiting for a dungeon group

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
As we all know it usually takes hours, many, many, many hours to get a group as a DD for a veteran dungeon. Usually I do quests while waiting but when all quests get done I'd really love to be able to play a bunch of ToT matches while waiting for a group dungeon. I'm aware that at some point I'll be forced to leave at the middle of one match... but that's ok, It's an easy victory I'm willing to give to anyone in order to go for my dungeon group. We could just receive the alert, and when we leave the remaining player will win the match. Basically, like conceding. I'm not suggesting it for ranked, but only for casual matches. I think that it would be very nice.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have the chat window open during the match, it has a thing which shows when you have notifications which is where the ready check shows up

i also dont know how stuff like "auto accept ready checks" addons would work if you were in the middle of a tribute match lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have the chat window open during the match, it has a thing which shows when you have notifications which is where the ready check shows up

i also dont know how stuff like "auto accept ready checks" addons would work if you were in the middle of a tribute match lol

It doesn't matter if you can see the notifications during the match if you can't join a group search for a dungeon.

Also, you can always disable those "auto accept ready checks" addons. I didn't even knew it and I wouldn't use it anyway. :)

Edited by NeKryXe on January 14, 2023 6:40AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally like the auto accept ready checks, then i dont have to pay attention when the ready check comes up, for example it hides the notifications while you are in combat, and ive missed some ready checks while i was just farming enemies

does the game block you from queueing for ToT while in the dungeon queue? i guess im just used to the queue for cyro, you can queue for multiple cyro campaigns at the same time, as long as you are not already in cyrodiil (i sometimes do this while im waiting for the grey host queue, and then queue into the blackreach campaign to still earn some AP even though it might be way slower)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would seem easier to form the dungeon group oneself instead of asking Zenimax to put the group together. I never have to wait for a dungeon, even as when I am running DPS.

This way, I get my dungeons done and can go on to do whatever I want to.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    It would seem easier to form the dungeon group oneself instead of asking Zenimax to put the group together. I never have to wait for a dungeon, even as when I am running DPS.

Maybe for you. I can get a group for a vet dungeon in many hours using the group finder but it would take days and a lot of talk in discord to from a group on my guilds, and in the day someone wouldn't come and we'd still need to use the group finder. :D Nah! I'd love to be able to wait for a group while playing ToT, but if it's not possible or no one else wants it, then I'll stick to group finder anyway. :smile:
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

Maybe for you. I can get a group for a vet dungeon in many hours using the group finder but it would take days and a lot of talk in discord to from a group on my guilds, and in the day someone wouldn't come and we'd still need to use the group finder. :D Nah! I'd love to be able to wait for a group while playing ToT, but if it's not possible or no one else wants it, then I'll stick to group finder anyway. :smile:

With five guild slots available, I suggest opening one up and try different guilds until you can find one where the people want to play the game together. I tried out a couple before i found one that was great and from there I found a another for even better raiding.

It took a little effort at the start but I do not want to spend the night waiting to do what I really want to do. That is just the way I roll.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think it would be nice to at least be able to play the npc matches while waiting.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a nice feature to have a "soft-save" or something like this for npc matches. So you can Pause a npc match and the progress is saved for a hour or so. Like this you can queue and play a dungeon and just come back after.
    This would be also the perfect solution to not lose the whole progress when dealing with a disconnect or crash.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

With five guild slots available, I suggest opening one up and try different guilds until you can find one where the people want to play the game together. I tried out a couple before i found one that was great and from there I found a another for even better raiding.

It took a little effort at the start but I do not want to spend the night waiting to do what I really want to do. That is just the way I roll.

I have all five slots in use on the same guilds for more than 5 years. And at least three since release. Maybe if one day we could join six guilds I'll add one for dungeons.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I do think it would be nice to at least be able to play the npc matches while waiting.

pretty sure this can be done, since you dont need to queue for the npc matches

i dont know how it would work out with the ready check and stuff though as i havent particularly tried this yet lol

i think the OP was talking more about queuing into the casual/competitive ToT queues while also queued for a dungeon
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

pretty sure this can be done, since you dont need to queue for the npc matches

i dont know how it would work out with the ready check and stuff though as i havent particularly tried this yet lol

i think the OP was talking more about queuing into the casual/competitive ToT queues while also queued for a dungeon

Nope. You cannot join an npc match while queued for anything in the activity finder.

1fh6q5jt7m8m.jpg

I know OP meant casual matches, but I think they wouldn't do that because it's against a real person. I can understand that too. I just wish they'd let us do it at least against npcs. The npc can't be disappointed they didn't get to finish a match.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 18, 2023 11:13PM