The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thieves Oasis, Floor Grid Misalignment

The_Titan_Tim
The_Titan_Tim
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m unsure whether this was intentional or not, but after my girlfriend just got her long awaited Thieves Oasis, we were working on her home in the housing editor and immediately after heading into advanced, there was a massive problem!…

xiv67e531krc.png

The floor grid X and Y axis don’t line up with the entrance! Is this intended? Editing this house using advanced editor is extraordinarily difficult as a result, and seemingly without reason.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any way that the floor mapping could be aligned with the entrance like most other homes in the game?
Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 9, 2023 2:59AM
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    @The_Titan_Tim
    Use 10.4 / 100.4 / 190.4 / 280.4
    :)
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Titan_Tim

Thank you for the short term fix!

Hopefully it gets adjusted at some point.
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    @The_Titan_Tim

It likely wont be adjusted. There are a lot of houses that are skewed like this. Just takes a little time to find he right position to make it centered. :)
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Titan_Tim

It likely wont be adjusted. There are a lot of houses that are skewed like this. Just takes a little time to find he right position to make it centered. :)

Yeah, she has all of the craftable sets, not being able to follow a grid made it a nightmare setting them up.

ktn0jfimfrgg.png
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 9, 2023 2:54AM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently that's not the only issue with this house. I always do extensive research on pros and cons of houses after buying Aldmeri Grotto (for which I luckily got a refund). I really wanted this house, but the negatives are making me wait until Zos releases something similar with no wall penetrating sandstorms, a better water front, higher ceiling/boundary...Or an open lot like Moon Sugar, but without a mysterious ocean front in the middle of nowhere that doesn't show up on the map.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where you are in Thieves Oasis but if it's the outdoor ruins the building isn't actually rectangular so this is probably unavoidable. Certainly, I hope they don't change it given that I've furnished mine (!).
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    Not sure where you are in Thieves Oasis but if it's the outdoor ruins the building isn't actually rectangular so this is probably unavoidable. Certainly, I hope they don't change it given that I've furnished mine (!).

The hope is that if they did move the floor grid; that it wouldn’t mess with any structures already in place, adjusting independently.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

The hope is that if they did move the floor grid; that it wouldn’t mess with any structures already in place, adjusting independently.

If it is the ruins, given that the rooms aren't rectangular if they align it there, it will become out of alignment elsewhere in the room.
    Edited by Northwold on January 9, 2023 10:11PM
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    If you think the floor grid alignment is bad, check out the chandeliers that come with the furnished version of Thieves' Oasis. Because they are too long the chandelier chains tend to poke through up to the second floor of homes, so to prevent that from happening ZOS lowered the chandeliers to the point where they are the same height as characters on the ground floor. They block movement and look silly. There are around four such chandeliers in the furnished version. ZOS needs to shorten the chains on chandeliers as most homes with second floors have that problem (including Highhallow Hold, Mournoth Keep, etc.). The chains poke through, look bad, and block movement on the floor above.