The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Check mail etc without standing up

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
Is there an addon that would allow you to check mail or look in your inventory without making your chair get up from their chair or whatever?
Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the "no thank you" addon has an option in there to prevent the screen from rotating/interrupting your action when you go into a menu

its great so you can open menu while fishing for example lol

the only menu it does not prevent this on is when your in the collection menu on the outfit styles tab because of the outfit previews
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will check this one out, thank you
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons cannot prevent the stand up or showing to others you are currently searching the inventory (chest). They can only prevent the character turning towards you as you open menus. So it will still stand up or interrupt other animations.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have sometimes wanted to be able to sit in a chair and look at inventory. And have always wanted to go to bed and exit the game. I can come back in to the game Standing up if needed.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have sometimes wanted to be able to sit in a chair and look at inventory. And have always wanted to go to bed and exit the game. I can come back in to the game Standing up if needed.

In WoW you can do this. You can also be sitting in a chair and able to use in game emotes. So you could be sitting, and execute the laugh emote while still sitting, for example.

Same as lying down and logging out.

Had been hoping there was a way to do stuff like this as well, in ESO. Oh well.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Addons cannot prevent the stand up or showing to others you are currently searching the inventory (chest). They can only prevent the character turning towards you as you open menus. So it will still stand up or interrupt other animations.

"No, Thank You!" do those things when using Gamepad UI.
    Edited by Bat on January 2, 2023 9:12PM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really prevent the "stand up"? I'm only aware of the "turn around to the player" as you open the inventory.

Maybe gamepad mode got other possibilities then (as it uses totally different types of scenes and lists compared to keyboard mode) but afaik keyboard mode does not provide such.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Does it really prevent the "stand up"? I'm only aware of the "turn around to the player" as you open the inventory.

Maybe gamepad mode got other possibilities then (as it uses totally different types of scenes and lists compared to keyboard mode) but afaik keyboard mode does not provide such.

it definitely doesnt stop your current animation, since i use the no thank you addon and it will not interrupt your current animation when opening certain menus (i usually do so while fishing, there are only a few menus that the addon will not change functionality, i think the outfit tab of collections menu and the crown store because both of them use the "item preview" mode)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use the add on called "No Spin".
    It works great. It is included with "No Thank You", but if you just want the no stand up this is it.
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    It works great. It is included with "No Thank You", but if you just want the no stand up this is it.
    Huzzah!

@wenchmore420b14_ESO Thank you for the suggestion. Does it only show you not standing up in your window, or is it also visible to others?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huzzah!

@wenchmore420b14_ESO Thank you for the suggestion. Does it only show you not standing up in your window, or is it also visible to others?

TBH, not sure about that. Sorry...
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are sitting and you open the inv, your toon will stand up.
    Addons like No Thank You, FCO ChangeStuff and others which "stop the player spinning towards you" or "allow to open the inventory without interrupting the current harvest or other things" won't prevent your player from standing up or moving etc.

I don't think that any addon would be able to do so. They can just do what the current addons already provide