The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeon difficulty in between normal and vet

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
i'm finding the learning curve going from normal dungeons to vets a little steep. It basically goes from, stand in bad, you get hurt a tiny bit, to stand in bad and you're dead. There is no learning curve there, really. (Please don't respond with something snarky like, "just dont stand in bad.")

Coming from WoW, we had normal dungeons, then heroic, then mythic and mythic+. i found this an amazing system and was doing my fair share of Mythic 17s. (out of 20, max difficulty), but that took awhile, and practice and learning and such. The way things were set up, it allowed for mistakes, yet still also allowed for progression and learning.

Now, you go from painfully easy to, screw up, and you're dead, and then if the other people in the group aren't nice, you end up kicked.

Yeah yeah, join a guild and run with understanding people.... i'd rather there be a dungeon finder option to not have to wait for people like that. i just think it would be better if there was a level of difficulty in between a tap on the wrist and a grave.

Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it has always been this way. The step from normal to veteran is wide. It's the same for trials as well. It's as if there's a difficulty missing in between.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, in normals some of the mechanics are so mild it's hard to know they even exist, in vet it kills you. I used to at least try to practice the mechanics in normal that I would need for vet, but for a lot of content, you need the group participating to really practice.

Going from normal to vet is definitely being thrown into the deep end of the pool.
    PS5/NA
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been talked about a lot. There are huge gaps in difficulty from normal to vet and then vet to hard mode. It can be daunting for newer players. I know I personally got to a point back in the day where I was like "oh normal dungeons are easy now, let's try vet! I'm totally ready!". Got my bum handed to me. Thing is that mechanics are mandatory for vet content and pretty much optional for normal and you kinda just got to figure out how mechanics work in the game by yourself unless you turn to YouTube or something. So yeah I can empathize. Totally been that guy.. best thing you can do is find some friends who don't mind doing a teaching run with ya so you can get a feel for it.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on January 10, 2023 9:17PM
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't realized it had been discussed before. One would have thought ZOS woulda addressed this and added a medium ground in or something, by now. So disappointing :(
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow