Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ancient Sandstones

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
I wonder why it takes so many Ancient Sandstones to create the Fargrave style structures. 12 to 16 pieces of Ancient Sandstones are needed to make a platform or a wall: that's too much! For all the other Syle Materials, 1 or 2 pieces are needed, why are these required in large numbers? Acquiring Ancient Sandstones isn't that difficult, but by farming these items you collect about 10 pieces in a hour... to make a Fargrave-style house you need a lot of structures... a job of months and months of farming. Couldn't we standardize these Style Materials with the others, making each structural item require only 1 or 2 of them?
@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_Bill
@ZOS_Kevin
Edited by Rishikesa108 on December 20, 2022 10:27PM
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed - I started a thread about this very thing back in May...never did get an answer - hope you fair better :)

Treasure chests in Craglorn ( top tiers seems to be better ) have a chance of containing them as do some boss drops and loot in Craglorn based trials. Grinding for it in a completely different zone doesn't help the population of players back in Fargrave.

It would be appreciated to understand why these odd ball ratios for materials required happen.

• VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    farming these items you collect about 10 pieces in an hour... to make a Fargrave-style house you need a lot of structures... a job of months and months of farming.

It’s frustrating to think they did this intentionally. But how can it not be?

Perhaps they’re viewing months and months of an extra in-game job as “player engagement.”
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason for doing this is obvious (drives Crown Store sales). But it's so extreme in terms of requirements that it's rather in-your-face, which really isn't the way to make players shrug off monetisation in an MMO.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, this is so out of line! I made about ten pieces of Fargrave building components and half a dozen terrariums, and I chewed through all the ancient sandstone I had naturally collected having played since... 2017? Like, gah???
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨