Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Friendly fire campaign

Metemsycosis
Metemsycosis
✭✭✭✭
Would you play in such a campaign?
Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as your opponent's wear Vicious Death, you are playing in such a campaign.
    Edited by Stridig on January 4, 2023 9:33PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll players who would kill other players in all areas they could think that they are safe. Killing your faction scroll carrier. Possibilities for toxicity would be unlimited.

So my answer is big no.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    No. But I'd like to see friendly fire (for group members only to prevent trolling) on 'bomb' skills and sets, such as proxy, VD, plaguebreak etc.
    Edited by Peacatcher on January 4, 2023 10:35PM
    Ps4 EU
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying for years they should just introduce a "mercenary" faction option, where you aren't aligned with any alliance and can attack anybody, but cannot claim keeps/outposts/scrolls.

Would allow the players that do not care about alliance objectives to participate in more PVP action.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    I've been saying for years they should just introduce a "mercenary" faction option, where you aren't aligned with any alliance and can attack anybody, but cannot claim keeps/outposts/scrolls.

Would allow the players that do not care about alliance objectives to participate in more PVP action.

I am more or less targeting faction stacks and ball groups. your idea, while elegant, would not touch either camp imo.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on January 5, 2023 6:13AM

sanguinare vampiris

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    Troll players who would kill other players in all areas they could think that they are safe. Killing your faction scroll carrier. Possibilities for toxicity would be unlimited.

So my answer is big no.

Have you ever encountered a player on your faction running a scroll for an opposing alliance and wish you could smite them ?

sanguinare vampiris

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    As long as your opponent's wear Vicious Death, you are playing in such a campaign.

That's a limited view. Basically if I die then I'm against my faction.

Cool.

But I'm referring to something else. Like when I am zergin and run into another zerg and just start spamming pulsar waiting for my AoE bomb to detonate -- it would be a lot different if my pulsar hurt my team.

sanguinare vampiris

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several AoE abilities that provide benefits to your team at the same time as doing damage. Also, you have to think about synergies and how impossible to use most of them would be.

Too much would have to change honestly it's a fun thought but there's just no way. Not with this game... Not the way it is now.

It is pretty funny trying to imagine one zerg trying to pick apart another zerg with single target abilities only... But it just wouldn't work without the game changing SO much.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I collect Alliance points for killing my own?
    hmmmm..Maybe?
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    There are several AoE abilities that provide benefits to your team at the same time as doing damage. Also, you have to think about synergies and how impossible to use most of them would be.

Too much would have to change honestly it's a fun thought but there's just no way. Not with this game... Not the way it is now.

It is pretty funny trying to imagine one zerg trying to pick apart another zerg with single target abilities only... But it just wouldn't work without the game changing SO much.

Lol I don't think impossible is the right word, but more or less

In your example the person triggering the synergy would more or less be considered a caster for the purpose of who the spell hits.

sanguinare vampiris

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Do I collect Alliance points for killing my own?
    hmmmm..Maybe?

It would depend I think if they are known traitors or alliance pkers 😂

sanguinare vampiris

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In your example the person triggering the synergy would more or less be considered a caster for the purpose of who the spell hits.

My point is that you have to be nearby to activate most synergies. How are you going to synergize Ignite without being talonsed yourself? And how is the original caster supposed to not get hit by the synergy?

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get where you are coming from but I think it would be 80% trolling, 15% "oops" and 5% spy killing or other. The groups and zergs would just not play there. It would likely look like the no proc no CP campaign but .maybe worse from trolling
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

My point is that you have to be nearby to activate most synergies. How are you going to synergize Ignite without being talonsed yourself? And how is the original caster supposed to not get hit by the synergy?

You would be talonized yourself and if the original caster doesn't back from the AoE they would get hit.

sanguinare vampiris

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get where you are coming from but I think it would be 80% trolling, 15% "oops" and 5% spy killing or other. The groups and zergs would just not play there. It would likely look like the no proc no CP campaign but .maybe worse from trolling

Humans are a social animal and would band up but I think you're right about it being deader than RW

sanguinare vampiris

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you play in such a campaign?

We had that when PB would go off with a cleanse by players from another alliance coming into zerg and cleansing the zerg constantly.