Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fortified Nirncrux/Potent Nirncrux

nebula3832
nebula3832
✭✭✭
Ok so......7 hours! In craglorn farming and killing everything in sight for the "bleeping "mat Fortified Nirncrux/Potent Nirncrux.....nope...even did all main quest thinking maybe I need to do those to get it to drop....nope nada nothing just a whole bunch of weeds!
If anyone knows if im doing it wrong or advise please let me know im literally exhausted from craglorn 🙏

Best Answers

• Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    you can buy it from guild traders, why distress yourself?
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirncrux has a 1 in 200 chance to drop anywhere in Craglorn from blacksmithing, clothing (this includes welwas and daggerback pigs), jewelry, and woodworking nodes, with a 1 in 4 chance of Potent. You don't need to do the Main Quest.

As long as that's what you're farming, you're not doing anything wrong. Just very, very unlucky by my standards.
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They drop from metal, cloth, and wood nodes in Craglorn. They also have a chance to drop if you kill an enemy that drops leather. I have always found that to be a poor method, though. Between the low drop chance and time it takes to kill welwas, it is not worth it. I just run around in a large circle, avoiding enemies, and just harvesting metal/cloth/wood. I equip Ring of the Wild Hunt for speed boost and slot all the resource harvesting boosts in the green Champion Point tree. If you don't get any nirncrux after an hour, refine the metal/cloth/wood you have collected. You should have farmed enough to get a few gold upgrade mats from refining. You can sell those to make gold to buy a nirncrux.
    Answer ✓
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to everyone that answered🙂 must be very unlucky lol will keep on trying and utilize some of the advice given 🙏
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally find that there are easier ways (that are generally more fun) to earn gold with which I can just buy the nirncrux from guild traders.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I personally find that there are easier ways (that are generally more fun) to earn gold with which I can just buy the nirncrux from guild traders.

Unfortunately dont have much gold to buy from guilds just getting through main guests doesn't give much and leaves you little time to get into grinding for items to sell for gold. Hopefully as I level up will start to get better 🙂
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nebula3832 wrote: »

Unfortunately dont have much gold to buy from guilds just getting through main guests doesn't give much and leaves you little time to get into grinding for items to sell for gold. Hopefully as I level up will start to get better 🙂

You can farm alchemy nodes at any level and sell those to make gold! There is a pretty decent circuit that you can run in Coldharbour that will net you a boat load of mats to sell in a relatively short time, with no interruptions for fighting!

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting a nice stockpile of both Nirncrux types just by deconstructing Nirnhoned gear. These frequently drop in newer PVE content. The drop rates from Craglorn are too low to bother farming.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nebula3832 wrote: »

Check the prices of some mushrooms and flowers at the traders. Just picking up mushrooms and flowers you see while you quest can get you more gold than you'd think. I watch people run past cornflowers and columbine and wonder why they don't want 500+ gold each....
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Check the prices of some mushrooms and flowers at the traders. Just picking up mushrooms and flowers you see while you quest can get you more gold than you'd think. I watch people run past cornflowers and columbine and wonder why they don't want 500+ gold each....

I will dismount in Cyrodiil to pick Corn Flower or Columbine...

• ice34697
    ice34697
    ✭✭✭

Oooooo you risk taker, you
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting a nice stockpile of both Nirncrux types just by deconstructing Nirnhoned gear. These frequently drop in newer PVE content. The drop rates from Craglorn are too low to bother farming.

i do something similar to this when im capped on transmutes and sitting on dozens of geodes

craft level 1 item, transmute to nirnhoned, decon, and with the passives/cp your very likely to get the nirncrux out of the decon

i did this the other night, burned 150 transmute on making nirhoned items to decon, and after opening all my geodes i was capped again lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ice34697 wrote: »

Oooooo you risk taker, you

I don't mind getting killed so long as I get that sweet, sweet Corn Flower or Columbine, but it really grinds my gears when I get hit with the Stuck in Combat bug and can't remount. I was stuck in combat today, even after dying and respawning at our home gate, and even that didn't clear the combat. I couldn't mount up, couldn't log out, nada. I just dashboarded and went and played something else.

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i do something similar to this when im capped on transmutes and sitting on dozens of geodes

craft level 1 item, transmute to nirnhoned, decon, and with the passives/cp your very likely to get the nirncrux out of the decon

i did this the other night, burned 150 transmute on making nirhoned items to decon, and after opening all my geodes i was capped again lol

When I'm running out of transmute crystal space, I just craft something that costs me 25 to recreate and just leave it in my bank. When I need more, I decon it and get my 25 back. Just a nice way to bank those transmute. Of course, I don't get gold for doing that! :)
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP