Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fence an Epic Quality Item

MJ202
MJ202
✭✭✭✭
Just how or what do you need to do to get credit for this achievement?

I looked for advice on how to do this but so far everything I've read does not seem to work. I've gone to many of the locations suggested to steal of pickpocket epic items and have yet to even find one. I've tried upgrading stolen weapons or armor and fenced (sold) it and have not received credit.

What the heck do I need to do?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2022 1:45PM
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a purple item worth 1500 good and very rare. It just requires some luck to get one from pickpocket or safeboxes.
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any suggestions on where it's best to look for one?
  • Tyhar
    Tyhar
    ✭✭
    Easy way to bypass this. Steal a piece of equipment somewhere then improve it to epic quality. Also gotta sell the stolen item, you don't get credit if you launder it. Not sure if you can pick up just any equipment, might have to have a price to sell for before improving to count? This is what I did for achievement for ember myself. After I stole items forever and finally got a epic item and then laundered it and realized that didn't count. Probably also have to have Ember out to receive.
    Edited by Tyhar on September 18, 2022 12:55PM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Steal/pickpocket any purple item, which includes motif pages.
    I pickpocketed a motif page in Vvardenfell, fenced it, and got credit.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Steal/pickpocket any purple item, which includes motif pages.
      I pickpocketed a motif page in Vvardenfell, fenced it, and got credit.

Vvardenfell motif was the easiest I found as well.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
      66,110 achievement points
    • Treeshka
      Treeshka
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Not sure if it still works but just steal a white quality weapon upgrade it and then fence it.
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • MJ202
      MJ202
      ✭✭✭✭
      I finally completed this.

I found and filched a purple plan from the fighter’s guild in Alinor, Summerset (wardrobe in the barracks room on the third floor). In addition, I also stole a great sword from the armory room on the first floor. I upgraded the stolen sword to epic and then I headed to the Fence in the Thieves Den on Abah’s Landing. All my previous attempts at fencing (selling) an epic item had been at a random outlaw refuge.

At the Thieves Den I first attempted to sell the stolen epic plan to the fence. I did this without Ember present. The result was I did not receive credit for fencing (selling) the epic plan. I then summoned Ember and once she was present, I fenced (sold) the upgraded, stolen, great sword. I finally received credit for fencing (selling) an epic item.

My conclusions:

Selling an upgraded, stolen item will work for the completion of this achievement.

To receive credit, Ember must be with you when you complete the sale.

As for selling at the Fence at Abah’s Landing, versus a fence at a random outlaw refuge, I can’t say for certain this is required, but to be safe, go to Ahab’s landing to fence (sell) the stolen, epic item.
    • Tornaad
      Tornaad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tyhar wrote: »
      Easy way to bypass this. Steal a piece of equipment somewhere then improve it to epic quality. Also gotta sell the stolen item, you don't get credit if you launder it. Not sure if you can pick up just any equipment, might have to have a price to sell for before improving to count? This is what I did for achievement for ember myself. After I stole items forever and finally got a epic item and then laundered it and realized that didn't count. Probably also have to have Ember out to receive.

That was very helpful thank you. And a Fighter's guild is a great place to find equipment to "borrow."
    • SpiritKitten
      SpiritKitten
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I cringe that you fenced a purple furnishing plan. :/