The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bot overload PS4 NA

• ceeney
    ceeney
    Soul Shriven
    This has been happening for close to 4 years. I have not seen Zos mention any plans or strategies to combat these bots.

I would assume after 4 years Zos team do not have the skills or aptitude to counteract these Bots.

Whilst there as been some good suggestions and easily implemented strategies to take away the incentive of these bots.

When some people pay monthly to play the game those people need to stop whinging and cough up their money each month like good little cash cows that we are. It is extremely clear that zos is extremely hard at work giving us value for money.
    They continuely show us how committed the team is by listening and responding to concerns of the actual player base.

Edited by ceeney on January 5, 2023 5:17AM
  • Scatha
    Scatha
    Soul Shriven
    I'm adding to this, too. Last night I reported at least 5 bots in Khenarthi's Roost. All lvl 3/4 Sorcs, all naked except for a staff and scamp pet, and all black Khajiits with white hair. I saw over a dozen bots, all mining jewelry mats. I recorded some camping at a node waiting for it to respawn so they can mine it again. The entire time I was reporting bots, and watching them camp at nodes, I saw like one or two other players in the zone besides myself. The rest were all bots.

Zos needs to bring in GMs to the game to actively ban these bots. But instead they just send out scripted emails to players who report them promising a resolution to an ongoing problem but nothing is done. Long time players are quitting because the bots are taking over. But does Zos care that they are losing eso plus players? Do they care that long time players are canceling their subscriptions? [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2023 6:26PM
  • Scatha
    Scatha
    Soul Shriven
    Rittings wrote: »
    Zenimax appear to be clueless to combat this - and almost are encouraging it as the constant reproduction of bots means they can boast a greater player number... Seeing the active player list is nowhere near the millions of registered players - it's not hard to deduce that a vast majority of of the registered player base is likely to be bots... which is incredibly deceptive.

Is this the reason nothing is done to discourage future bots??? It's hurting your PAYING customers, Zenimax. You'd be very wise to understand and acknowledge that fact. The amount of performance issues the servers have, I'm sure getting rid of these bots would really help. I noticed that some of the performance issues tend to be gone directly after an update and/or maintenance. Just a minor patch that needs downloading etc.. and I can't help noticing that as the bots complete their downloads and get online - the lag issues return. It can't be a coincidence every single time.

I echoed these thoughts and got:
    Scatha wrote: »
    [edited for bashing]

Censor the paying customers while bots continue to destroy the game.
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭
    Botting has gotten rediculous.
    I bought a PS console because mods, bots, and cheats in PC games were unbearable.
    I would have never guessed ZOS would put up with it like they have for as long as they have.
    Right now we have a node gathering bonus event and the bots are ruining it for everyone.
    I pay twice to play this game. Once to PSN, and again to ESO.
    It's hard enough and time consuming gathering materials, especially for jewelry, without having to fight an army of bots tripping over each other at every node.
    It takes so much away from this game, it ruins the immersion and it makes me wonder how safe are our accounts are if they can't even control the botting situation.
    Surely they've been in the business long enough to come up with something.
    Please do something, ZOS.