Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aetherial Dust

• Whiteboy7698
    Whiteboy7698
    Soul Shriven
    I dont do all the daily quests or try to find certain things. I was randomly running and killed a pesky menial monster and it dropped the dust. Didnt realize it would sell for over a million. was in Grahtwood
  • Mortuus126
    Mortuus126
    ✭✭
    Been playing on and off since 2015. >60 days play time on my main, and I do tons of harvesting. It's compulsive for me. More often than not, if I see a node, I stop to grab it. Needless to say, I progress very slowly in this game. Despite all my OCD harvesting, I have never seen an aetherial dust. I had no idea they even dropped from nodes until reading it just now.
    Edited by Mortuus126 on August 29, 2023 10:53AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is quite the time bump. I'm up to 12 now in my craft bag and still have no use for them. But I'm guildless so selling them is rather difficult. Also have a Cipher I like to get rid of too.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One since Summerset which was when I started playing.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told that they only drop in base game zones, and that is where I found the few I've gotten over the years.
    PCNA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 3 since I started playing 3.5 years ago, and just now after reading this thread, I asked myself why I was keeping them, since the cost of them far outweighs any benefit I could get from something crafted with them, so I listed them with a trader a few hours ago, and all 3 sold (so I guess I chose the right selling price). :) A nice boost to my gold balance.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think about 20 odd, after that i bought them at a decent price and sold psygic pots, then after the price doubled for dust i stopped not worth it economically.
  • alay_NB
    alay_NB
    I found one in a water node in a Public Dungeon from the base game zone. While waiting for the group boss to spawn I was picking up everything.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I’ve found 3 since I started playing in 2019. The first I remember finding was from an rune node in Cyrodiil while I was trying to find the lead for the Sorcerer-King’s Blade. I thought it some consolation for not getting the lead that day, and then I saw the going rate and was happier. :lol:
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe in all my time playing (I started just before DB dropped, March 1st but I forgot the year), I myself only ever found two of them, and never even realized it. It was when I was going through my craft bag did I notice. Took a screenshot of them for myself and sold one? Both? Of them off since I had no need for then.

To be fair though, I don't really remember the last time I did a proper harvest run in a base game zone. Eventually I had moved to Craglorn for the Nirncrux, but then moved to doing my harvest runs in Cyrodiil to also try and find the Torte recipe book.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever personally harvested Aetherial Dust one time in all of my years of playing, and it was from a mushroom node inside of Bone Snap Ruins. Go figure.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have pulled a total of three and i have been playing since day one.

i got a few as rewards during jubilee.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 found but I am usually lucky with Anniversary Boxes, of those 5, 4 dropped in Rivenspire!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used a few but I think I've found 15 or so in total since they were introduced. I may have a minor master writ addiction tho, so farm mats a fair bit :D
    PS4 EU
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing ESO since release on console and I have only found 3. I have only found one from an ore node. The other two dropped from a jubilee container two years in a row. My wife, on the other hand, thought she would try the game out and the very first node she harvested was a cloth node. She plucked the jute and she got it. She was asking what it was and I told her, “you don’t have to play anymore because you just beat the game.” After some good laughs I told her how lucky she was that she had found one so soon on a character just out of the tutorial quest. I would say it’s super rare and the RNGods hate me.
    Edited by Codeman1976 on September 16, 2023 3:55AM
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976