Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

can you recall to NB shadow image while holding an elder scroll?

emilyhyoyeon
emilyhyoyeon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I picked up a scroll today and could not recast shadow image to teleport back to it. Activating the skill again simply recasted the shade to my new location. The timer didn't run out. I tried this twice, then died and lost the scroll.

After I respawned with no scroll the skill was working normally again. Moments before I picked up the scroll, it was working normally as well.

I have basically no experience with the scrolls. I tried googling about this and couldn't find anything other than you can't mount with one and your move speed is reduced. I'd test this if I could easily pick up a scroll again, but yeah.

Can anyone confirm if they've been able to recast shadow image while holding a scroll before? I was playing around the skill working and it didn't, so I'd like to know for the future.
Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer

Best Answers

• Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a scroll today and could not recast shadow image to teleport back to it. Activating the skill again simply recasted the shade to my new location. The timer didn't run out. I tried this twice, then died and lost the scroll.

After I respawned with no scroll the skill was working normally again. Moments before I picked up the scroll, it was working normally as well.

I have basically no experience with the scrolls. I tried googling about this and couldn't find anything other than you can't mount with one and your move speed is reduced. I'd test this if I could easily pick up a scroll again, but yeah.

Can anyone confirm if they've been able to recast shadow image while holding a scroll before? I was playing around the skill working and it didn't, so I'd like to know for the future.

You can't use shadow image with the scroll. You use to be able to use it. It was one way NBs could get the scrolls out of lava pits. They changed it a long time ago so you can't use it. You can't use cloak or Mistform with the scroll either.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
    Answer ✓
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I think that "Streak" and carrying scroll could be answered as well.
    I would expect, that they will not work, because scroll carring should be about legwork.

Can confirm that streak absolutely does not work when carrying a scroll. Nor do any gap closers.
    Answer ✓
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I would expect, that they will not work, because scroll carring should be about legwork.

Can confirm that streak absolutely does not work when carrying a scroll. Nor do any gap closers.

Toppling Charge still works while carrying the scroll.
    PC/EU altaholic | The Sorc heal in your logs | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
    Answer ✓
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many abilities are not allowed to be used while carrying a Scroll. You can not use invisibility on a NB (I assume vamp invisible sprint speed passive does not work too). As far as I can tell Streak and other non-gap closer instant movement abilities (like Nature's Grasp) probably won't work either. Even Werewolf transformation ulti won't work for some reason, so I assume other "transformation ultimates" won't work either.
    Answer ✓
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many abilities are not allowed to be used while carrying a Scroll. You can not use invisibility on a NB (I assume vamp invisible sprint speed passive does not work too). As far as I can tell Streak and other non-gap closer instant movement abilities (like Nature's Grasp) probably won't work either. Even Werewolf transformation ulti won't work for some reason, so I assume other "transformation ultimates" won't work either.

But you can still carry the scroll in WW form

RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    Answer ✓
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the infos. Non-targeted gap closers and transformations and stuff do make sense. It definitely probably looked like I trolled my alliance lol
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about Warden healing vines, can you cast that or is it blocked, I could see someone run ahead on a mount and you just cast vines to swing to them over and over so you don't have to run lol
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino